10-14-13 10:27 PM
42 12
tools
    It doesn't really matter if blackberry comes out with the most innovative product or update their specs...people are going to continuously bash them. It's unfortunate but true.
    Yep...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 06:19 PM
    so to be clear, BlackBerry are looking at using the larger pixel tech in 2014 that HTC have been using through 2013?

groundbreaking.
    And it's not like that turned out great either. HTC's "ultra pixel" camera really isn't that good at all, especially compared to the cameras being released by companies like Nokia or Apple.
    10-14-13 06:33 PM
    If you want a camera, go buy one......
    10-14-13 06:43 PM
    It doesn't really matter if blackberry comes out with the most innovative product or update their specs...people are going to continuously bash them. It's unfortunate but true.
    Agreed. They could produce a sleek, stylish phone with a 4k display, 16 core CPU and GPU, have every application from the hottest iOS & android apps down to a perfect Lotus 1-2-3 port, have a built in SLR camera and a battery that lasts 3 1/2 years between charges and it still wouldn't sell.

The main reason is the company has a terrible image problem. Until the image changes, the phones won't sell. Marketing needs to focus on general company image as much as it focuses on a phone that gives you elephant feet.

Posted via CB10 using my Zed Ten
    10-14-13 06:48 PM
    I also imagine BlackBerry is considering a 1080p display if they release devices in 2014.
    10-14-13 06:48 PM
    Things would be a bit easier on them if they didn't send devices with buggy OS versions off to be reviewed!

Posted with my Q10!
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    10-14-13 07:07 PM
    You are more than welcome to use the ignore feature, troll.

Tired of these wannabe mods who feel it is their duty to patrol the forums, telling other members what to post.
    Janika, is that you?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 07:19 PM
    Just what BB needs, another feature that is hard to explain to customers in a few words. "What, you're telling me 4 Mpixel is better than 13? Hahaha good one!" Ask HTC how that worked out.
    10-14-13 07:23 PM
    +1

Don't see any legitimate reason to believe this
    And I don't see any reason not to believe it

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1761
    10-14-13 07:24 PM
    Just what BB needs, another feature that is hard to explain to customers in a few words. "What, you're telling me 4 Mpixel is better than 13? Hahaha good one!" Ask HTC how that worked out.
    With that logic... you are telling us that the 41mp Nokia is superior to all dedicated HD cameras...
    10-14-13 07:51 PM
    With that logic... you are telling us that the 41mp Nokia is superior to all dedicated HD cameras...
    No, it's just better than all other mobile phones
    10-14-13 08:17 PM
    You are more than welcome to use the ignore feature, troll.

Tired of these wannabe mods who feel it is their duty to patrol the forums, telling other members what to post.
    You're right.
    Please keep complaining and complaining and complaining. It's not annoying.
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    10-14-13 08:21 PM
    Great devices for 2014?
    I hope a Q30 with 4-4.5 " screen is in the agenda.
    Then who cares if Blackberry uses a 2013's tech for its camera? Remember where they come from! The BB10 devices camera are already a huge improvement compared to legacy devices.
    If new line is up for 2014 i think they should focus on better battery life, OS improvement, full compatibility with kitkat android and wireless charging.
    Slow and steady Blackberry shall win the race!
    Leave innovation on camera to Nokia and Apple, Blackberry can be second in that sector as long as it keeps strengthening its skills (email, browser, shortcuts and physical keyboard etc. ) and focuses on its growing appstore (more apps BUT first of all more quality apps)

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 08:21 PM
    Slow and steady Blackberry shall win the race!
    errr no, slow, no matter how steady is always precieved as slow. People have derided BlackBerry for having sub par specs for years now, hows that slow an steady going for them so far?
    10-14-13 09:12 PM
    By slow i mean not pretending to be the best in all and accept to have a good camera not the top notch hype of the moment.
    BB was very late, marketing was non existent and strategy completely suicidal.
    Logically they are hitting rock bottom.
    How does it do for them? Well, i for example was an iphone user since 2007 and i got tired of its closed environment i switched to BB Q10 and i am very happy.
    Some of my friends are now looking to Blackberry with more interest and don't scowl anymore when i ask them if they could buy one.
    I know it's unusual but BB just needs time and new investors, i am sure the OS has the potential to compete with iOS and Android.
    But it's only my opinion

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 09:24 PM
    If current tech is to be used, IGZO screens? I know that SHARP makes ridiculously high resolution IGZO screens that can also double as a wacom-like input screen, while giving out very good colours and lowers battery consumption. Still, I thought Apple had bought up all of the world's supply with IGZO screens.

Ah crap, read wrongly.

Camera pixels? I thought they were already internally testing 13mp camera modules that were made by sony?

Sent from my A500 using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by badiyee; 10-14-13 at 09:54 PM.
    10-14-13 09:38 PM
    Well no, I'm saying that a lot of people don't get how pixel size relates to camera performance, but everyone can compare two numbers and see which one is larger. Maybe Apple with the 5s will carry the water on educating people about this so that it will be an easier thing to pitch as a bullet point on the spec sheet, instead of having to go into the whole explanation about it.
    10-14-13 10:27 PM
42 12