10-14-13 10:27 PM
42 12
tools
    Be sure to take along your salt shaker for this one. But word on the street is that BlackBerry has some very promising devices (4) lined up for 2014 one per quarter. Many would follow that up with some cheeky remark questioning BlackBerry’s existence next year, but hey this post has enough speculation to head down that lane.

Essentially BlackBerry is exploring larger pixels in their cameras for the Ontario and Cafe lines. Much like what HTC did with the HTC One’s Ultra Pixels, the technology will help change the game between how we measure a good shooter on a mobile device. The main difference is the size of the actual pixel and the power of the the sensor technology beneath the camera that allows intake of up to 3x more light than traditional MP cameras this tied to a faster aperture really can create high quality images.

BlackBerry is exploring new camera technology to aid some of the limitations of its current shooters–which don’t perform as good as they should in low light. BlackBerry 10 camera software refinements–coupled with some smart investments in larger pixels can really help differentiate their 2014 lineup from the crowd. Let’s just say the camera is a small but important part of the innovations coming for BlackBerry in the coming months as they push forward. Less is more. Pixels that is. Nothing is set in stone as the devices themselves are in the development stages.
    http://berryflow.com/blackberry-rumo...s-2014-lineup/
    10-14-13 12:14 PM
    But I thought BlackBerry was dead? ......

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 12:26 PM
    But I thought BlackBerry was dead? ......

Posted via CB10
    lol
    10-14-13 12:27 PM
    Well, I guess these are the upcoming "Prosumer" devices.
    10-14-13 12:31 PM
    "word on the street"? Which street?
    10-14-13 12:35 PM
    Game Changer???

Looks more like BlackBerry is playing catchup to the other guys that are already using larger and more advanced pixel technology in their devices TODAY!

For the "Prosumer" market, they'll only need to provide half as many devices with cameras...
    10-14-13 01:06 PM
    Maybe people can STFU about the cameras then...My goodness.

I hope these new models are quite nice. Makes me ponder whether or not to get a Z30. Hmm....
    10-14-13 01:15 PM
    As much as I'd love to get my hands on the z30, I think I'll wait and see how this plays out... z10 is working perfectly fine so no real need to switch

Posted via CB10
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    10-14-13 01:20 PM
    +1

Don't see any legitimate reason to believe this
    10-14-13 02:18 PM
    Of course they will use what at that point will be, at best, 'current' state of the art, but will most likely be considered 'last year's' state of the art. As a relatively minor parts buyer, they will really just have to play with whatever is being offered by parts providers at the time. Luckily for us, that means actually up to date BlackBerry devices!! lol

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 02:40 PM
    this is a non-story, of course they are "exploring" larger pixel cameras, AS IS EVERY OTHER SMART PHONE MANUFACTURER

FairlightRacing and MaxR_A like this.
    10-14-13 02:43 PM
    Columbia and Phillip.
    drrobert_Taco and BerryWizard like this.
    10-14-13 02:45 PM
    this is a non-story, of course they are "exploring" larger pixel cameras, AS IS EVERY OTHER SMART PHONE MANUFACTURER

It's a story because for three years people have said BlackBerry is dead and yet they are still around and carrying on, business as usual ( in their own way ).
    Still planning for a future, no matter what it holds.
    10-14-13 02:48 PM
    It's a story because for three years people have said BlackBerry is dead and yet they are still around and carrying on, business as usual ( in their own way ).
    Still planning for a future, no matter what it holds.
    Are you serious? Business as usual?

All except for stating they are exiting the consumer space I guess...

2 $1 billion dollars write offs in the past two years on products they "planned for the future".
    10-14-13 04:00 PM

2 $1 billion dollars write offs in the past two years on products they "planned for the future".
    Smh... 'exiting consumer space " this term is being thrown around loosely around here

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 04:03 PM
    Smh... 'exiting consumer space " this term is being thrown around loosely around here

Posted via CB10
    Term? Its already starting to happen around the world with more and more carriers giving bb10 end of life status, removing displays from physical stores, and not ordering z30s.

This is the reality.
    10-14-13 04:11 PM
    Excellent, I've been disappointed with my z10 camera

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 04:23 PM

I wrote ' business as usual (in their own way)'.
    Meaning, not normal/not good.

I live 4 km from BlackBerry head office. I don't need a history lesson.
    10-14-13 04:28 PM

Give it a rest please.
    10-14-13 04:59 PM
    2014? that's 3 months away. will they survive Christmas? really?
    10-14-13 05:07 PM
    Give it a rest please.
    You are more than welcome to use the ignore feature, troll.

Tired of these wannabe mods who feel it is their duty to patrol the forums, telling other members what to post.
    10-14-13 05:34 PM
    I think it's a great story.

Keyword: story.
    10-14-13 05:39 PM
    You are more than welcome to use the ignore feature, troll.

Tired of these wannabe mods who feel it is their duty to patrol the forums, telling other members what to post.
    Where's the ignore feature on cb10 app??

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 05:49 PM
    so to be clear, BlackBerry are looking at using the larger pixel tech in 2014 that HTC have been using through 2013?

groundbreaking.
    10-14-13 05:58 PM
    It doesn't really matter if blackberry comes out with the most innovative product or update their specs...people are going to continuously bash them. It's unfortunate but true.
    10-14-13 06:06 PM
42 12