From a Q&A at the Empire Club in Toronto. Balsillie's first public comments since he left RIM in 2012:

"Balsillie said in his first public remarks since leaving the company in 2012 that he knew BlackBerry couldn't compete after the iPhone's introduction in 2007 and after BlackBerry's buggy touchscreen device called the Storm had a "100 per cent return rate".

"With Storm we tried to do too much. It was a touch display, it was a clickable display, it had new applications, and it was all done in an incredibly short period of time, and it blew up on us," Balsillie said. "That was the time I knew we couldn't compete on high-end hardware."

"Asked what smartphone he now carries, Balsillie said he still uses a BlackBerry Bold. "You'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands," he said."

Source: Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian
    06-10-15 11:30 AM
    Fascinating...he's stuck on a phone last made in 2011. And we wonder why Blackberry fell so far behind the times...
    Oshasat likes this.
    06-10-15 12:01 PM
    From a Q&A at the Empire Club in Toronto. Balsillie's first public comments since he left RIM in 2012:

"Balsillie said in his first public remarks since leaving the company in 2012 that he knew BlackBerry couldn't compete after the iPhone's introduction in 2007 and after BlackBerry's buggy touchscreen device called the Storm had a "100 per cent return rate".

"With Storm we tried to do too much. It was a touch display, it was a clickable display, it had new applications, and it was all done in an incredibly short period of time, and it blew up on us," Balsillie said. "That was the time I knew we couldn't compete on high-end hardware."

"Asked what smartphone he now carries, Balsillie said he still uses a BlackBerry Bold. "You'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands," he said."

Source: Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian
    That is very interesting. Surprised he would mention that he knew back then, why keep trying and not try to make a change then though.
    06-10-15 12:29 PM
    06-10-15 01:25 PM