Hello all,

Recently purchased a new Classic and thus far LOVE IT!

Went through the set up for transferring my stuff from my Q10 like apps, pictures, contacts etc.

I have run into this issue before and I don't know how to fix it so I am looking for some tips here.

Did a full backup on my Q10 for everything and then did a restore on my new Classic.

Apps and stuff changed over no problem.

Contacts have not with the exception of BBM contacts. No other info with them has come along such as email, phone number etc.

All my previous settings like sounds, instant previews, background etc also did not.

Is there anyway I can do this with less stress in the future? If I have to go through and list all my contact info once again I am going to be a tad ticked off.

The settings wasn't really hard but I had to switch back and forth to make sure that my preferences for the new phone matched the other one.

Currently I don't have BBM, text or call info. This isn't a big deal but if I don't have the contact info it's going to be a little guessing game.

Should I have tried the "device switch" app instead of back up and restore?? Anything I can do at this time?

Thanks so much for the assistance on such a newbie question.

Thx

Posted via CB10
    02-14-16 02:45 AM
    Try restoring separately, not full restore. E.g. Contacts only, then check phone after restore. If successful, restore another item etc etc

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    02-14-16 04:57 AM