06-06-14 09:44 AM
    BlackBerries ripen in the spring.
    Apples ripen in the fall.

So the only BlackBerry's you will see in the fall are frozen ones that are a little mushy and not at their peak. While depening on the varity, Apples will be fresh and crisp.

Makes as much sense as most of the articles on Seeking Alpha..
    kbz1960, rai187 and JeepBB like this.
    06-06-14 10:00 AM
    Loser is the real fruit?
    06-06-14 10:06 AM
    I don't see anything in the forecasted BlackBerry line up that will offer much competition to the iPhone. People who buy the iPhone want a bigger screen and not a keyboard.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Last edited by crazigee; 06-06-14 at 10:36 PM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-06-14 07:55 PM
    Article? Isn't it a user contributed piece? I disagree with the entire premise that all Apple needed was a new OS to succeed and therefore all Blackberry needed was to get their own OS and follow down the same path. Apple didn't soar until their ecosystem was in place, Apps, Music, Movies, TV, icloud, Apps, Apps, Apps & Apps...

Blackberry need a real ecosystem in place to make a dent.
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    06-11-14 07:11 AM
    Article? Isn't it a user contributed piece? I disagree with the entire premise that all Apple needed was a new OS to succeed and therefore all Blackberry needed was to get their own OS and follow down the same path. Apple didn't soar until their ecosystem was in place, Apps, Music, Movies, TV, icloud, Apps, Apps, Apps & Apps...

Blackberry need a real ecosystem in place to make a dent.
    Whats wrong with 98% of the Android App ecosystem....

What wrong with a year old Kindle App.....

Whats wrong with BlackBerry Music....

Whats wrong with the ROVI powered BlackBerry video store....

Oh, I see your point.

I do agree that what BlackBerry needed was their own OS, their own Ecosystem. That didn't happen and it's not going to happen with BlackBerry's reputation, Cash on Hand, and history of ignoring what their customers wanted from them. Even if Chen were smart enough to know what needs to be done, he doesn't have the ability to do it with what he has to work with. Think he hoped to get BlackBerry to a neutral point where they could maintain their userbase and profits and then slowly build from there. But he is seeing that the smartphone market is much more fast paced than the data management business, and if you aren't #1 or #2 (maybe #3) then you are nobody.
    kbz1960, JeepBB and mornhavon like this.
    06-11-14 07:37 AM
    It's multiple pieces that don't work together (especially with the desktop or non-existent tablet). It's apps that aren't 100% compatible. Google services that don't work, notification lacking etc....

Yes, Blackberry have kludged pieces together but its hardly integrated and seamless and that's what the majority of users are looking for. Apple are about to deliver on that.

Whats wrong with 98% of the Android App ecosystem....

What wrong with a year old Kindle App.....

Whats wrong with BlackBerry Music....

Whats wrong with the ROVI powered BlackBerry video store....

Oh, I see your point.

I do agree that what BlackBerry needed was their own OS, their own Ecosystem. That didn't happen and it's not going to happen with BlackBerry's reputation, Cash on Hand, and history of ignoring what their customers wanted from them. Even if Chen were smart enough to know what needs to be done, he doesn't have the ability to do it with what he has to work with. Think he hoped to get BlackBerry to a neutral point where they could maintain their userbase and profits and then slowly build from there. But he is seeing that the smartphone market is much more fast paced than the data management business, and if you aren't #1 or #2 (maybe #3) then you are nobody.
    06-11-14 07:52 AM
    It's multiple pieces that don't work together (especially with the desktop or non-existent tablet). It's apps that aren't 100% compatible. Google services that don't work, notification lacking etc....

Yes, Blackberry have kludged pieces together but its hardly integrated and seamless and that's what the majority of users are looking for. Apple are about to deliver on that.
    MS is too.
    xandermac and JeepBB like this.
    06-11-14 08:03 AM

About too... ? They have been the ecosystem poster child for years. Which make you wonder why BlackBerry didn't copy them back when they launched the PlayBook, or at least before BB10 was launched. Was one of the things that MANY here said they had to have at launch if they wanted to be successful.

And they are only getting better! You buy a song, or a movie from Apple you can use it most anywhere you have an iOS device or an iTunes program running. Doesn't matter if you bought it yesterday or ten years ago.
    06-11-14 08:25 AM
    They're about to make all the pieces seamless is my point. Leave off on your Mac and pick right up on the iPad/iPhone. I think it's the biggest leap Apple have made in years and it's all software, which is where Blackberry should have been focusing all along but without control of all the pieces they'll have a difficult time keeping up and competing.

About too... ?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-11-14 08:35 AM
    About too... ? They have been the ecosystem poster child for years. Which make you wonder why BlackBerry didn't copy them back when they launched the PlayBook, or at least before BB10 was launched. Was one of the things that MANY here said they had to have at launch if they wanted to be successful.

And they are only getting better! You buy a song, or a movie from Apple you can use it most anywhere you have an iOS device or an iTunes program running. Doesn't matter if you bought it yesterday or ten years ago.
    I do find it weird that companies dont take certain thing from apple. Change it a bit and integrate it more like they do.

Toast notifications for example cyanogenmod and blakxberry have simple functionality and apple takes it to another level and opens the api for any dev to use it.

Another thing, they are giving devs and customers what they want. Opening their API which is huge. I would love to be able to change the theme the look of the drag down bar and hub.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 08:40 AM