73 123
tools
    12-05-13 01:19 AM
    Wonder how long that will last?
    12-05-13 01:41 AM
    So...you guys spell it Defence huh?

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-05-13 01:41 AM
    They just want to add additional support for ios and android is still neglected.

BlackBerry being in the top.

They will know it when their internals will start flashing in instagram and snapchats.

I only wish they don't jailbreak the ios.

Best of luck to aussie defense.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 01:50 AM
    Wow! I didn't know they had already moved to BES10! Great news!

Thanks

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    12-05-13 01:50 AM

Yeah, it's the Queens English around here.
    12-05-13 02:51 AM

Yup. One of the many fine legacies of being part of the British Empire is an ability to spell words properly.

JBB
    12-05-13 03:25 AM
    I never knew Australia have military.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 08:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    They DONT that's why they call it a defence force duh!

Sent from my BlackBerry - remember me!
    bradu1 likes this.
    12-05-13 08:36 AM
    Yup. One of the many fine legacies of being part of the British Empire is an ability to spell words properly.

JBB
    Say it twice.

It kinda makes me think of the little guy from Fantasy Island stumbling across a fence.

93Aero likes this.
    12-05-13 09:26 AM
    Outages + "we are for sale" = we need a backup plan

Reliability is just as much of a security factor as can the NSA read my emails. It only makes sense that an organization have a backup plan, so that one company's problems can't shut down your operations.
    12-05-13 09:46 AM
    Heh ... Just be grateful we can't afford to send in gunboats anymore...

This post is brought to you by the letter "U". Something else that didn't survive the swim across the Atlantic. :P

JBB
    12-05-13 09:51 AM

This post is brought to you by the letter "U". Something else that didn't survive the swim across the Atlantic. :P

JBB
    Ok, THAT was funny

All that aside, this is no different than what I have been saying in other threads. You cannot simply rely on a single vendor anymore. Anything that has a single point of failure needs to be re-evaluated.
    12-05-13 09:54 AM

Reliability is just as much of a security factor as can the NSA read my emails. It only makes sense that an organization have a backup plan, so that one company's problems can't shut down your operations.
    You do know that they wouldn't be using Blackberry's servers, they would be using their own so they are in control of any reliability. It would be so nice if people understood the situation before posting.
    12-05-13 09:58 AM

JBB
    OK, that's fair. You folks did invent the language. We just improved it.

Why does program need two extra letters (programme) in the Queen's English? I'm surprised ya'll couldn't find a way to mash a "u" in there as well.

As a side note, I was born in Luton. Both parents were English. Lived in the USofA since 1961.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-05-13 10:01 AM
    You do know that they wouldn't be using Blackberry's servers, they would be using their own so they are in control of any reliability. It would be so nice if people understood the situation before posting.
    You clearly have a misunderstanding of how BES works... ALL data is routed THROUGH BlackBerry servers (The NOC). Without the NOC, BES useless.
    12-05-13 10:13 AM
    It's never to late to take your own advise.
    12-05-13 10:16 AM

Why does program need two extra letters (programme) in the Queen's English? I'm surprised ya'll couldn't find a way to mash a "u" in there as well.

As a side note, I was born in Luton. Both parents were English. Lived in the USofA since 1961.
    Nah ya'll just lazy. Cutting corners where possible. I knew this the 1st time I saw "squeezable butter" in a US grocery store. LOL

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and amazinglygraceless like this.
    12-05-13 10:35 AM
    It's never to late to take your own advise.
    Wow, didn't even make it to page 2 before the ugliness started. :-(

12-05-13 12:26 PM
    Wow, didn't even make it to page 2 before the ugliness started. :-(

I used a smiley face to infer I was saying it nicely.....

Bluenoser63 was incorrect in stating that having your own servers protects you from the outages that have been experienced in the past with BlackBerry's NOC going down. I found his negative rebuke funny!
    12-05-13 12:40 PM

Hmmmm... "improved" huh?

When I was younger, I did my stint in the coding mines (digging for semi-colons), so I'm used to seeing and using American spellings for everything - program, dialog, color, everything "-ize" rather than "-ise", etc, etc. I had to adjust spelling on the fly, or the compiler wouldn't play... but it doesn't make it right, g'dammit!

It always surprises me that more Americans don't realise our fondness for these extra letters. I once had a technical report I'd written sent back for correction by my degree-educated American boss because it was "...littered with careless spelling mistakes". I chuckled, and complied... coz life's too short!

BTW, the "u" in "programme" is silent.
    BigAl_BB9900 and EmaliMcrtny like this.
    12-05-13 12:55 PM

Not only that but the sale failed. Around here that failure was "a good thing". However, in the real universe (not a parallel one), this uncertainty is causing organizations to consider alternative options.
    JeepBB and anon1727506 like this.
    12-05-13 01:18 PM

Why does program need two extra letters (programme) in the Queen's English?
    So they can cheat at Scrabble
    JeepBB, anon1727506 and 93Aero like this.
    12-05-13 01:31 PM
    Nah ya'll just lazy. Cutting corners where possible. I knew this the 1st time I saw "squeezable butter" in a US grocery store. LOL

Posted via CB10
    Lol, now thats funny.
    12-05-13 01:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are you serious??? The Aussies were kicka$$ in WWII - absolutely among the ones you wanted at your back, and successfully carried out many of the hardest missions. Aussie military = as bada$$ as the Canadian Black Watch, and that's saying something!

Just because we're not massive doesn't mean we're not tough.

- R.
    m1a1mg and kevinnugent like this.
    12-05-13 01:52 PM
73 123