According to Seeking Alpha. Import of Z phones (Z10,30,3) doubled in India in June to more then 60.000 devices.
    BlackBerry: India Import Data Appears To Show Z Phone Imports Doubling In June - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 09:14 AM
    Can't get the article to pull up.... is there another source other than Seeking Alpha???

But Z10 has been in demand based on it's current price point. And Z3 most likely started shipping in country in June for a July launch.
    07-02-14 09:26 AM
    BlackBerry: India Import Data Appears To Show Z Phone Imports Doubling In June
    Jul. 2, 2014 9:05 AM ET | 5 comments | About: BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY)
    Disclosure: The author is long BBRY. (More...)

Summary:

-India import data provided by Zauba.com seems to point to doubling in Z3 imports in June.
    -This would continue to affirm a small foothold for BlackBerry smartphones in emerging markets.
    -While smartphones are a small part of the big picture for BlackBerry, this is good news nonetheless.
    -The guy that messaged me yesterday telling me to "stop hyping the market" by writing so much about BlackBerry (BBRY) is going to love this piece today. I really didn't intend on writing yet another piece on BlackBerry today, but we appeared to get some data this morning that perked my ears up.

This is going to be a relatively short piece that points out what appears to be fairly significant data on the BlackBerry front. If you're looking for reasons why I think going long BBRY is the right choice to make right now, you can consult a couple of my previous articles from this past week:

July 1, 2014 - BlackBerry's Short Squeeze Just Starting

June 27, 2014 - BlackBerry: Back Up The Bus; I'm Buying More

June 23, 2014 - BlackBerry: Is $20 a Reasonable Target?

While doing my morning dragnet through Twitter and the news sites on all the stocks that I own and follow, I came across an interesting tidbit floating around on Twitter this morning. According to user @seaeagle197 on StockTwits, there's some import data relating to India that needs to be looked at for BlackBerry.

(h/t @JohnLBair1 on Twitter)

Zauba, a site that plays home to India's export and import data, seems to note that BlackBerry's Z phone imports seem to have doubled for the month of June:

http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/u...ven_origin.jpg

If the data that this site shows is accurate, which judging by a small trip through the site, it looks to be, it's relatively important information for BlackBerry. While the company is no longer a "phone first" company, what it does want to see is a foundation for revenue in smartphones while it rolls out its internet of things. This data, again if 100% accurate, shows notable demand in India.

http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/u...ven_origin.jpg

Mr. Chen, on the company's last conference call, made note that the demand for the Z3 Jakarta was very good - almost to the point where the company had trouble keeping the item in stock at some places. This demand would run commensurate with Chen's statements made during the company's conference call about optimistic thinking in India:

When speaking about the Z3 launch in Indonesia, Chen noted there were somewhere around 900 press releases and articles that were predominately favorable in Indonesia. He noted that the brand is strong and "very popular" with people there. Chen went on to explain that demand looked strong and that inventory looked low at certain periods. "Volume forecasts are running ahead of the company's expectations," he said. India and other countries will be coming in the coming weeks - and according to Chen, they're all showing strong demand. Extremely bullish notes on the plan to move BlackBerry into emerging markets, if you ask this investor.

However, just because these phones are being imported doesn't necessarily mean they're being sold - but I can't imagine this data continue to trend this manner without inventory moving off the shelves. We'll compare this sites notes for June with those of July when the data is released - and then compared them to what is reported by the company at the end of the quarter to make sense of this.

With tons of momentum behind the company and its stock right now, BlackBerry is a name that I would be scared to short. The stock has shown serious strength, moving all the way from the $7 level to the $10.50 level in a matter of weeks. Right now, the security is poised to open higher for the day, trading $10.71 x $10.72 pre-market.

I added to my position last week and now hold BlackBerry as one of my largest positions. I remain bullish here, contend Chen is the man for the job, and hold my price target of $15.

Best of luck to all investors.
    07-02-14 09:28 AM
    Read the article this morning. Appears to be a steady increase in shipments since March of this year. But the way I read it, I see both Z10 and Z3 shipments increasing because it takes data from Mexico shipments into India as well (which is where the Z10 is assembled). The increase is very likley for the Z3 launch (and just the shear fact there is a Z3 to ship in now), but regardless, there is no argueing the trend, as I really doubt they would increase shipments if sell through was not happening.

Certainly not bad news, thats for sure.
    07-02-14 09:37 AM
    So does anyone know if the z10 is still in production? Or are there all stockpiles from last year?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 10:29 AM
    60% of 15 million z10s left. Basically JC said few months we sold 30% of the z10 stock 66% and it probably dropped 6% or a little bit more since that interview.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    neteng1000 likes this.
    07-02-14 01:18 PM
    60% of 15 million z10s left. Basically JC said few months we sold 30% of the z10 stock 66% and it probably dropped 6% or a little bit more since that interview.

Wowzers! 60% of 15 million phones left is a lot. Here in Canada the Z10 can be had for $199 off contract through Telus. I wonder if BB would ever be willing to discount the phone to $99 worldwide to clear out the remaining stock? Didn't they already account for a Z10 write-off a couple of quarters ago? That would get a lot of BB10 phones into peoples hands. I wonder if they would do it in conjunction with 10.3.1 and the Amazon App Store pre-load? The Z10 would be a steal of a deal at $99 with the latest OS plus all the Android apps in Amazon.
    07-02-14 02:03 PM

Aehm. They never produced 15 million z10!
    They wrote about 1 billion dollar (rest the world 1 milliarde) off, because of unsold BlackBerry z10 devices. 15millionen? Are you crazy? Maybe you want to talk about 1,5 Millionen z10 in inventories.
    That would be correct. In this case we talk about correct relations!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 02:05 PM

Source?

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    07-02-14 02:26 PM
    Read the article this morning. Appears to be a steady increase in shipments since March of this year. But the way I read it, I see both Z10 and Z3 shipments increasing because it takes data from Mexico shipments into India as well (which is where the Z10 is assembled). The increase is very likley for the Z3 launch (and just the shear fact there is a Z3 to ship in now), but regardless, there is no argueing the trend, as I really doubt they would increase shipments if sell through was not happening.

Certainly not bad news, thats for sure.
    It isn't bad news, but it isn't precisely good news, either. At least not yet.

To me, this represents pre-stocking for the Z3. Not much more. We'll see if that actually amounts to consumer sales.
    07-02-14 02:34 PM
    Is there a link to the article where it is stated that 15 million Z10s were produced?

I had high hopes for BB10 when it was launched, but in my wildest dreams I probably would have only authorized a production run of 5 million, not 15. What was he (Thor) thinking?
    07-02-14 02:38 PM
    https://www.zauba.com/import-black-b...0-hs-code.html

https://www.zauba.com/import-black-b...3-hs-code.html

Seeking Alpha based their article on this info.....

Have no idea who Zauba is or how inclusive their data is, but based on their tracking records... so far fewer than 10,000 Z3 have been shipped. And about 20K Z10 had been shipped in the last two months.
    07-02-14 04:54 PM
    Is there a link to the article where it is stated that 15 million Z10s were produced?

I had high hopes for BB10 when it was launched, but in my wildest dreams I probably would have only authorized a production run of 5 million, not 15. What was he (Thor) thinking?
    There were a number of people here predicting 10 - 20 million devices in the 1st quarter of sales..... maybe he did read CrackBerry.
    07-02-14 04:57 PM