11-21-13 11:02 AM
45 12
tools
    Fill me in on how governments like Germany, we have heard are using the BlackBerry 10 and on the other hand we are hearing about the us leaving. Are these different levels of required security? Has the us an advantage of some homemade services that are letting them get away from the BlackBerry? Are other governments reluctant to use American made?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 10:17 AM
    The problem lies with legacy BlackBerry phones. While they work very well to communicate we all know they lacked Web browsing and apps etc.

BB10 and the bee phones take care of that to a point (still working on the apps) but BlackBerry Has a bad name, not because of BlackBerry 10 but because of all those people still running around with a Curve who are embarrassed they cannot do some of the simple things like easily browse the web etc. Like their Apple, Android and yes BB10 friends.

BB10 is very good and able to retain most existing and reclaim some past BlackBerry users but with lack of advertising, high prices and no carrier presence it is doomed until those three are fixed.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 11:28 AM
    Fill me in on how governments like Germany, we have heard are using the BlackBerry 10 and on the other hand we are hearing about the us leaving. Are these different levels of required security? Has the us an advantage of some homemade services that are letting them get away from the BlackBerry? Are other governments reluctant to use American made?

Posted via CB10
    What American Company makes smartphones?

Sure Apple and Google make the software.... but Microsoft make the software that 90% of people in the world use on their computers and there is more secure info on most computers than there is on smartphones. And I'm not sure Google employees would recognize some of the customizations that Samsung has made to Android.
    11-20-13 11:45 AM
    So what is the explanation for the American governments leaving the BlackBerry. I find it difficult to believe its advertising. And why are others taking on BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:05 PM
    It has to be price, if all else is relatively equal and these government contracts are tendered, apple would be able to beat BlackBerry on cost.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:18 PM
    So what is the explanation for the American governments leaving the BlackBerry. I find it difficult to believe its advertising. And why are others taking on BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    It's part of the new deal with Iran. In exchange for Iran allowing outsiders to inspect their nuclear programs, the US will lower their own security standards to allow others to "inspect". :-D

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    They simply don't want all their eggs in one basket. They are not leaving BlackBerry, they are offering their posse a choice.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 03:35 PM
    Also, it's important to note that many installations will do nothing. OS7 devices are free from the carriers. If an installation wants to switch to iPhone or android, they'd probably have to pay. And due to sequestration, most installations don't have a lot of money. In fact, if an installation switched, they'd probably have to very specifically prove why OS7 can accomplish the missions anymore.
    11-20-13 03:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    They didn't leave Blackberry. Blackberry left them. With outdated hardware, no ecosystem, insecurity about there future, etc. etc.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-20-13 06:22 PM
    They didn't leave Blackberry. Blackberry left them. With outdated hardware, no ecosystem, insecurity about there future, etc. etc.
    So whats the explanation for other governments using bb10?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 06:25 PM
    Although I am a big BlackBerry believer, I don't agree with you...Currently Apple enjoys a brand more valuable than brand build by coke over 200 years..When you give an option to those Defense personal they would run to buy IPhone 5 as they have never before enjoyed iOS.

Posted via CB10
    Man you need to do some reading. http://www.berryreview.com/2013/05/2...vernment-work/

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    11-20-13 06:56 PM
    Man you need to do some reading. http://www.berryreview.com/2013/05/2...vernment-work/

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    But didn't digital management inc. Get the mdm contact for dod? With fixmo.
    And that makes the IOS capable.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 08:06 PM
    You said:

Fixmo was already selected to manage Android and iOS, BES10 can't make money that way.

Not necessarily true. From everything Ive read, both iOS and Samsung have met all standards. Samsung is really the only Android player right now.

Bull****

Give me your Android and I'll put a key logger and you will never know. iOS isn't that much safer at all. Androids and iPhones can easily be hacked. I personally have rooted, installed key loggers and installed voice recorders in several Android devices. There's no piece of software that will protect your data once a logger is in there.
    11-20-13 08:38 PM
    Bull****

Give me your Android and I'll put a key logger and you will never know. iOS isn't that much safer at all. Androids and iPhones can easily be hacked. I personally have rooted, installed key loggers and installed voice recorders in several Android devices. There's no piece of software that will protect your data once a logger is in there.
    Yes, you are not going to root and install a key logger on alocked system. These won't be average phones. Geez, some people just don't get it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using CB Forums mobile app
    JeepBB, anon1727506 and techvisor like this.
    11-21-13 04:23 AM
    http://www.berryreview.com/2013/11/2...o-android-ios/

Berry review report.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:37 AM
    Yes, you are not going to root and install a key logger on alocked system. These won't be average phones. Geez, some people just don't get it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using CB Forums mobile app
    Show me one that's locked. All can be unlocked. All
    11-21-13 05:09 AM
    Show me one that's locked. All can be unlocked. All
    With standard software, I agree. The DoD won't be running standard software. Also, if you are able to delete the DoD software, which I'm sure can be done, and you load a root with a keylogger, don't you think the user will notice?

Further, there is the very major issue of stealing US Gov property. They get very angry about that. In fact, you'd probably get an all expenses paid trip to a US penitentiary. Have fun with that.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    11-21-13 07:25 AM
    Bull****

Yes the US Government is totally unaware of the weakness and exploits that unmanaged, stock iOS and Android devices are subject to.

How the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S IV Got Military-Grade Security - The Wire

http://www.zdnet.com/iphones-ipads-c...ud-7000015549/

And that is the info we know about....
    techvisor likes this.
    11-21-13 07:59 AM
    So with that, and all things being = Samsung and apple can defeat BlackBerry on price. Not to mention a little lobbying action and a few "incentives" i don't see much left for BlackBerry in American governments. Do you?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 08:06 AM
    So with that, and all things being = Samsung and apple can defeat BlackBerry on price. Not to mention a little lobbying action and a few "incentives" i don't see much left for BlackBerry in American governments. Do you?

Posted via CB10
    Apple isn't beating anyone on price.

As to what is left for BlackBerry.... no the pie is shrinking every day that goes by and they don't "produce".
    techvisor likes this.
    11-21-13 11:02 AM
45 12