04-14-17 12:47 PM
213 ... 789
tools
    People underestimate the power of a lowly sales clerk to damage a brand's reputation in the eyes of the customer. One salesperson with an agenda can put dozens of customers off buying a BlackBerry for life. I agree, it's better not to sell in those stores at all than have your brand subjected to that kind of ridicule.
    I totally agree with that. When I bought my Z10, the salesperson did everything possible to dissuade me from getting it in favor of either and Apple or Android device. I knew what I wanted though and I was not deterred.
    07-16-16 10:40 AM
    IMO, BlackBerry's time in consumer market smartphone hardware is all but cooked.

I'll enjoy BB phones while they're still an option. Once the last of my BB devices die, I can't find another on eBay, or service providers stop supporting them, I'll probably buy a "dumb" phone.

Meanwhile, I've got a Priv and have no issues with it ... save perhaps for its overly-large size.
    07-16-16 11:14 AM
    IMO, BlackBerry's time in consumer market smartphone hardware is all but cooked.
    ...because BlackBerry has no idea how to compete, market and sell to that market.
    07-16-16 02:27 PM
    Looking at the thousands of privs being sold on ebay, still in the carrier box, I'd say it is pretty clear where they are going. My local stores don't have any BlackBerry phones.

If you've used BlackBerry long you aren't AS concerned about specs. The Priv is a very fine phone. It gets the job done and has a lot of BlackBerry touches that are not mentioned in most reviews.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-16-16 04:32 PM
    Maybe, just maybe this is the reason behind the COO's comments on BB10 not being dead?! Grab a Passport Silver (I can live with some app's not rendering properly), fix runtime for playstore, drop in a new processor. Done. How hard?! Oh and dual SIM would be nice too.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 01:27 AM
    Maybe, just maybe this is the reason behind the COO's comments on BB10 not being dead?! Grab a Passport Silver (I can live with some app's not rendering properly), fix runtime for playstore, drop in a new processor. Done. How hard?! Oh and dual SIM would be nice too.

Posted via CB10
    Play Store is only for Google approved Android products... a forked runtime is a no no., and will not get official access. Would be like DreamWorks Studios wanting to use Mickey Mouse as a major character in one of their Films.... Disney would never agree to it, no matter the amount of money offered.

New Processor... according to BlackBerry they have to pay a pretty hefty fee for custom hardware drivers for Chips.

The reason behind the COO comments is they still have BB10 hardware in stock that needs to be liquidated so they can move forward with other Android phones. I think the PRIV stalling has tied up much more cash than they expected.

In the long run, if the Android products don't make a profit... there would have been no hope for the more expensive BB10. Hardware will be done.
    jegs2 likes this.
    07-18-16 09:34 AM
    BlackBerry's days as a consumer phone were 'cooked' in 2013 ... I honestly thought that was obvious with BB10, and was surprised to hear that they expected to overtake Apple with it lol. It was always only ever going to be a niche product from 2013.

With respect to BlackBerry 'support'. According to their lifecycle page: Software Support Lifecycle - Canada

BlackBerry OS 7.1 is not yet 'end of sales and support'. What kind of support do you think BBOS 7.1 gets nowadays? They haven't updated the software for years and the last time BlackBerry updated a BBOS app was in May 2015. What kind of 'support' is that?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    07-18-16 09:58 AM
    BlackBerry OS 7.1 is not yet 'end of sales and support'. What kind of support do you think BBOS 7.1 gets nowadays? They haven't updated the software for years and the last time BlackBerry updated a BBOS app was in May 2015. What kind of 'support' is that?
    As a PlayBook, Z10 and Z30 user over the recent years, I can say that sounds exactly like BlackBerry to me.
    07-18-16 02:24 PM
    ...because BlackBerry has no idea how to compete, market and sell to that market.
    Or any market...
    08-08-16 10:19 PM
    As a PlayBook, Z10 and Z30 user over the recent years, I can say that sounds exactly like BlackBerry to me.
    BBOS7 still works though... and more securely than BBA lol. Yes though you are right - sounds exactly like BB
    08-08-16 10:21 PM
    I drink you daily Mr. Scotian. Oops! I mean I drink Scotian apple juice daily. ha! ha!
    12-11-16 03:37 PM
    BlackBerry's days as a consumer phone were 'cooked' in 2013 ... I honestly thought that was obvious with BB10, and was surprised to hear that they expected to overtake Apple with it lol. It was always only ever going to be a niche product from 2013.

With respect to BlackBerry 'support'. According to their lifecycle page: Software Support Lifecycle - Canada

Sounding like the PRIV is in the same boat now.....
    04-14-17 11:21 AM
    Beating a dead horse. Blackberry is out out the phone business. Get with it.
    04-14-17 12:47 PM
213 ... 789