04-14-17 12:47 PM
213 ... 6789
tools
    Bunnies and rainbows!
    07-12-16 05:59 PM
    Bunnies and rainbows!
    It's not bunnies and rainbows, it's unicorns!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 06:15 PM
    It's not bunnies and rainbows, it's unicorns!!!

Posted via CB10
    I knew it was something like that!
    07-12-16 06:16 PM
    I knew it was something like that!
    I suppose it COULD be bunnies. I was just trying to be argumentative.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 06:37 PM
    I suppose it COULD be bunnies. I was just trying to be argumentative.

Posted via CB10
    Bunnies aren't argumentative. They're fuzzy and cute.
    gebco and JeepBB like this.
    07-12-16 07:17 PM
    Well, I think it is a good product with or without apps. I use it heavily for work and I think others would too if they knew how elegant it is or that it even existed.

I'm tired of arguing with you about this on a BlackBerry fan website. BB10 is a work of genius compared to Android.
    I have to agree here. BlackBerry has great devices with the BB10 OS and I believe the single biggest reason that they have not done well is because the blew the launches of each and every device without exception, including I'll add, the Priv. BB10 should have knocked it out of the park but it didn't because few people knew the products existed. BB10 failed because BlackBerry failed. It has nothing to do with the products themselves and everything to do with BlackBerry management and marketing.
    07-12-16 07:52 PM
    I have to agree here. BlackBerry has great devices with the BB10 OS and I believe the single biggest reason that they have not done well is because the blew the launches of each and every device without exception, including I'll add, the Priv. BB10 should have knocked it out of the park but it didn't because few people knew the products existed. BB10 failed because BlackBerry failed. It has nothing to do with the products themselves and everything to do with BlackBerry management and marketing.
    I've had a Z10 since launch. I can tell you it definitely was the product. It didn't do what the average consumer expected from a smartphone. Hub, Peek and Flow are great. But they're not what people want.

No amount of marketing was going to change that. But if you really, really, really think it would have then answer this question: How would you convince the smartphone buyer that they don't need Instagram, Snapchat, Netflix, Google Maps, etc - whatever their app wish list is?

And do it without sounding as ridiculous as "Tools Not Toys"

Figure that out and you have a marketing campaign. Anything else is a waste of money. Pretty sure BlackBerry realized that and spent accordingly.
    07-12-16 08:29 PM
    Figure that out and you have a marketing campaign. Anything else is a waste of money. Pretty sure BlackBerry realized that and spent accordingly.
    I think that you give them more credit than they deserve but since they never made a significant effort in the first place we'll never really know anyway. That being said, one major issue I have with that line of thinking is that it assumes that launching several new devices and an OS to market without making any real marketing effort was a conscious decision. How can any business expect to sell unknown products from a has been brand without advertising?! Sorry, but I just don't see the logic of that choice. Had they started to get users, devs would have stayed/came back because they follow the money. BlackBerry didn't market so their potential customers never had a chance which meant that the devs were gone as well as the apps. That's BlackBerry's fault. Any way that I slice it BlackBerry management blew it big time and repeatedly.
    07-12-16 08:53 PM
    Pretty sure BlackBerry had some idea when devs weren't showing up to the Dev Jams before the launch. Couple that with the inability to secure any major services/apps prior to launch and you have the recipe for a DOA launch.
    07-12-16 09:23 PM
    The Privvy: priced and named to fail from the very start!
    techvisor likes this.
    07-13-16 12:33 AM
    I've had a Z10 since launch. I can tell you it definitely was the product. It didn't do what the average consumer expected from a smartphone. Hub, Peek and Flow are great. But they're not what people want.

No amount of marketing was going to change that. But if you really, really, really think it would have then answer this question: How would you convince the smartphone buyer that they don't need Instagram, Snapchat, Netflix, Google Maps, etc - whatever their app wish list is?

And do it without sounding as ridiculous as "Tools Not Toys"

You are not everyone. Everyone is not like you. Are you one of these self-obsessed Millenials? Some of use think there are enough people that would use BB10 that don't use any of these apps or can live without them in exchange for a serious work device.

My PP has saved me in high pressure situations. I mean work situations, not sending a photo of my genitals.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 05:46 AM
    I think that you give them more credit than they deserve but since they never made a significant effort in the first place we'll never really know anyway. That being said, one major issue I have with that line of thinking is that it assumes that launching several new devices and an OS to market without making any real marketing effort was a conscious decision. How can any business expect to sell unknown products from a has been brand without advertising?! Sorry, but I just don't see the logic of that choice. Had they started to get users, devs would have stayed/came back because they follow the money. BlackBerry didn't market so their potential customers never had a chance which meant that the devs were gone as well as the apps. That's BlackBerry's fault. Any way that I slice it BlackBerry management blew it big time and repeatedly.
    MrScotian, I agree with everything you say. I don't think that Chen knew that he needed to market as a sine non qua for success. I think Thor knew this even if he made some big mistakes. If Chen lived in the real world he would know that every time he pulls out his BlackBerry Passport people will tell him, "I didn't know BlackBerry still existed" and "that is a really cool phone."

Posted via CB10
    07-13-16 05:50 AM
    You are not everyone. Everyone is not like you. Are you one of these self-obsessed Millenials? Some of use think there are enough people that would use BB10 that don't use any of these apps or can live without them in exchange for a serious work device.

My PP has saved me in high pressure situations. I mean work situations, not sending a photo of my genitals.

Posted via CB10
    See, it's not that I'm everyone - I'm not. What I am is a former, hardcore BlackBerry user who walked away.

But I can say that I don't need to toss shade at a demographic group to make myself feel better or validate my choice of smartphone.

BlackBerry may agree with you that's there's a profitable enough contingent of BB10 users to keep servicing. However, given that their only offerings are existing stock until it dwindles, I wouldn't hold my breath.

As for high-pressure work, I can name a number of situations where my BlackBerry let me down. Ditto for the day-to-day demands of my job and life.
    07-13-16 07:01 AM
    See, it's not that I'm everyone - I'm not. What I am is a former, hardcore BlackBerry user who walked away.

But I can say that I don't need to toss shade at a demographic group to make myself feel better or validate my choice of smartphone.

BlackBerry may agree with you that's there's a profitable enough contingent of BB10 users to keep servicing. However, given that their only offerings are existing stock until it dwindles, I wouldn't hold my breath.

As for high-pressure work, I can name a number of situations where my BlackBerry let me down. Ditto for the day-to-day demands of my job and life.
    Your not everyone... but based on BB10 sales over the last three years, and how many other CrackBerry members who loved, but were let down by BB10 have moved on... you aren't in the minority either. And that's the real problem with mark's argument. Many here know all about BB10, have used it for years but they are moving away from it.
    techvisor and jegs2 like this.
    07-13-16 07:57 AM
    Your not everyone... but based on BB10 sales over the last three years, and how many other CrackBerry members who loved, but were let down by BB10 have moved on... you aren't in the minority either. And that's the real problem with mark's argument. Many here know all about BB10, have used it for years but they are moving away from it.
    Indeed. And moving away primarily because they see no alternative but to do so.

As much as BlackBerry PR likes to emphasise that BB10 hasn't been abandoned, we all know the truth.

That said, and as has been mentioned in this and other threads, the last BB10 device comprehensively outsold the Priv. But given the small numbers we're comparing, I'm not sure that means a lot...

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    07-13-16 08:08 AM
    I'm an AT&T customer. Since 04. I've always had at least 1 BlackBerry since we'll before 04.

My AT&T stores only carries BlackBerry phones for a few weeks after they are announced. They steer people away from them.

Almost 100 percent of the people who walk into AT&T don't care about the price; the only care about the monthly payment because almost everything is sold on their Next plan. All of the phones are a few dollars per month apart. Combined with bad recs from sales staff, BlackBerry has no chance. AT&T is an Apple/Samsung store. That's it.

BlackBerry would be better off selling like Google, at a lesser cost. Since BIS is no longer a thing, BlackBerry doesn't need AT&T anymore. BlackBerry should realize that AT&T hurt the brand and sales.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-13-16 08:42 AM
    ...and I will be in that category soon enough unless there is a major shift prior to my Z30 requiring a replacement - I am not holding my breath on that one!! I love BB10 but with no path forward, I will be forced to look elsewhere and Android is not for me. I've used it extensively and it does not suit my needs / wants in an OS at all. So a Priv will not even be an option for me = bye bye BlackBerry.
    07-13-16 11:13 AM
    I'm an AT&T customer. Since 04. I've always had at least 1 BlackBerry since we'll before 04.

My AT&T stores only carries BlackBerry phones for a few weeks after they are announced. They steer people away from them.

Almost 100 percent of the people who walk into AT&T don't care about the price; the only care about the monthly payment because almost everything is sold on their Next plan. All of the phones are a few dollars per month apart. Combined with bad recs from sales staff, BlackBerry has no chance. AT&T is an Apple/Samsung store. That's it.

BlackBerry would be better off selling like Google, at a lesser cost. Since BIS is no longer a thing, BlackBerry doesn't need AT&T anymore. BlackBerry should realize that AT&T hurt the brand and sales.

It's not just AT&T.... depending on the market, it's any carrier or retailer that tracks sales and returns.

In the US, no carrier is displaying BlackBerry phones in their stores... other than in a few markets where for one reason or another sales are enough to keep the phones there. But this is happening in the UK, India, Indonesia... all over where BlackBerry was once a staple.
    jegs2 likes this.
    07-13-16 11:25 AM
    It's not just AT&T.... depending on the market, it's any carrier or retailer that tracks sales and returns.

In the US, no carrier is displaying BlackBerry phones in their stores... other than in a few markets where for one reason or another sales are enough to keep the phones there. But this is happening in the UK, India, Indonesia... all over where BlackBerry was once a staple.
    For whatever it's worth I was in a T Mobile in Chicago last week and they had a Priv on display. No surprise but they said it sold poorly.
    07-15-16 11:51 AM
    For whatever it's worth I was in a T Mobile in Chicago last week and they had a Priv on display. No surprise but they said it sold poorly.
    That's strange... as T-Mobile isn't selling the PRIV online anymore. But I guess they had inventory and instead of clearancing it, they moved the stock to a business oriented market. Was it full price or clearanced?
    07-15-16 12:09 PM
    That's strange... as T-Mobile isn't selling the PRIV online anymore. But I guess they had inventory and instead of clearancing it, they moved the stock to a business oriented market. Was it full price or clearanced?
    Sorry don't know about the pricing. Come to think of it I never asked if they had any in stock or were actively selling. I had assumed the store was still selling because they were on display, but you know what they day about assumptions .
    07-15-16 02:38 PM
    This was the store btw: 2620 N Narrangansett Ave Ste B5 Chicago, IL
    07-15-16 02:48 PM
    At 299 they sell like beer at a ballpark.

07-16-16 01:14 AM
    People underestimate the power of a lowly sales clerk to damage a brand's reputation in the eyes of the customer. One salesperson with an agenda can put dozens of customers off buying a BlackBerry for life. I agree, it's better not to sell in those stores at all than have your brand subjected to that kind of ridicule.
    07-16-16 05:10 AM
    Bunnies aren't argumentative. They're fuzzy and cute.
    Run away, run away

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 06:40 AM
213 ... 6789