04-14-17 12:47 PM
213 1234 ...
tools
    Heat and Battery Life. I realize that this has been fixed with Marshmallow for the most part but MM is no where in sight for AT&T. I never experienced any build quality issues but my phone does get hot and unless I start shutting everything off on mine the battery life is not good. Not to mention that if people didn't actively search for the BB updates in Google Play then they didn't see the updates for the phone when it launched and without those updates this phone really wasn't usable out of the box.
    06-06-16 05:52 PM
    Z10 all over again.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-06-16 05:57 PM
    Looks like AT&T reps aren't holding their tongue when talking to the media about the Priv not being successful for AT&T.
    Complaining about too many returns on the Priv.

"BlackBerry and the carrier expected to see demand for an Android phone with a physical keyboard. Instead, most of the buyers were BlackBerry loyalists, the executive said. Those faithful, however, struggled with the transition from the BlackBerry operating system to the Android operating system, leading to a higher-than-expected rate of return"

BlackBerry Priv is faring worse than expected - CNET

Attachment 401571
    Attachment 401572

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    I am not buying the bit about struggling BB10 / BBOS owners returning their PRIV's because they did not understand Android.

The most probable cause for returns were the battery issue, clicking loose slider, beta soft warm, running hot and failure to provide MM . Perhaps too, there just was not enough BlackBerry features to satisfy former Z owners and the PKB was not as good as other PKB's from BlackBerry.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-06-16 05:58 PM
    I just re-read it. Can we be buds again ??
    Okay!
    06-06-16 06:04 PM
    I had to return 1 At&t model for QC issues.
    06-06-16 06:15 PM
    I am not buying the bit about struggling BB10 / BBOS owners returning their PRIV's because they did not understand Android.

The most probable cause for returns were the battery issue, clicking loose slider, beta soft warm, running hot and failure to provide MM . Perhaps too, there just was not enough BlackBerry features to satisfy former Z owners and the PKB was not as good as other PKB's from BlackBerry.
    The AT&T executive would have information about his customers and what devices they upgraded from when they bought their Priv's.

I'd lean towards "buying the bit" since customers tend to provide a reason for their returns and the AT&T executive would supposedly be basing the statement on that info.

06-06-16 06:31 PM
    I might love you again if you re-read what I posted was in reply to someone else who posted that the return rate was high due to the price of the phone, which does not make sense, but was not the whole premise of the acticle quoted.
    This was all caused by me and my mistake when I tried to delete that post but did not. C'mon lets all love each other again!
    06-06-16 06:39 PM
    First Sprint says no to the priv, then AT&T dumps their extras on Amazon and now T-Mobile has decided not to carry it any longer---this is just sad.
    06-06-16 06:50 PM
    The AT&T executive would have information about his customers and what devices they upgraded from when they bought their Priv's.

I'd lean towards "buying the bit" since customers tend to provide a reason for their returns and the AT&T executive would supposedly be basing the statement on that info.

I think this is AT&T giving up on Android BlackBerry . Unless the Hamburg comes out really really soon, it could be all she wrote for BlackBerry phones. I do not see a future for BB10 phones consumer or Enterprise even with an updated run time. Forget about Enterprise too as a potential saviour.

So many poor decisions. Here is hoping that some manufacturer buys the rights to the Bold style PKB design.
    06-06-16 06:59 PM
    Okay, well those two then do affect the return rate.

1. Low number of phone buyers (some BB customers not buying due to high price, others not want Android, others not want slider, etc.)

2. Higher than normal returns, for both hardware or software issues.
    3. They came from BB10 or legacy OS and the device didn't function exactly the same so they returned it. Bet my life on it.

I'm sure most of the people that bought the Priv were BlackBerry users so it makes sense.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    06-06-16 07:09 PM
    3. They came from BB10 or legacy OS and the device didn't function exactly the same so they returned it. Bet my life on it.

I'm sure most of the people that bought the Priv were BlackBerry users so it makes sense.
    Isn't that falling under my second point, about the software issue? Some don't like it because its just an android with "BlackBerry" stamped on it.
    06-06-16 07:42 PM
    Isn't that falling under my second point, about the software issue? Some don't like it because its just an android with "BlackBerry" stamped on it.
    Sure, I guess I was just breaking it out to be more specific.

Software issues could also mean problems with the Marshmallow upgrade on Android, Lag, now my Bluetooth sucks, etc.
    06-06-16 07:53 PM
    No one wants a BlackBerry anymore.

Why do people insist that BlackBerry keep making phones when they don't sell ?

via my Samsung Galaxy S5
    I want a Blackberry not an Android. I waited almost four years for a BB10 slider and someone put Android in it. So thats one less they could have sold and I think you may be in the wrong board with a Samsung.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    06-06-16 08:18 PM
    First Sprint says no to the priv, then AT&T dumps their extras on Amazon and now T-Mobile has decided not to carry it any longer---this is just sad.
    No the thing that was sad was that they put Android it a phone and called it a Blackberry.
    phuoc and Bluenoser63 like this.
    06-06-16 08:22 PM
    The high return rate is due to the problem the priv had with lollipop.

Of that I'm almost certain.

A lot of people probably had to deal with a hot and lagging phone with crappie battery life

Marshmallow sorted this but not everyone will wait that long.

Phones need to work properly from day one now a days.

Blackberry should have really thought about this.

Now the greater market has a bad impression on blackberry's android offerings.
    kbz1960 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    06-06-16 08:48 PM

A lot of people probably had to deal with a hot and lagging phone with crappie battery life

I think the only folks interested in the PRIV in the first couple of months were BlackBerry owning tire kickers. BlackBerry probably did not invest enough money in the project to avoid the beta software issues.

The greater market in the USA was not interested in a slider trial balloon.

Very sad because BlackBerry Android has a lot of potential. Needs more carry over from BB10 in terms of features.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 06-06-16 at 10:25 PM.
    06-06-16 09:52 PM
    There are many here they might would buy another BlackBerry....
    Why??? Blackberry has been riding the wave down for years now. Not a single positive thing has come from Blackberry since around 2007. 8 years, That's not enough to know they have not got a clue?
    Last edited by xtremeled; 06-07-16 at 12:27 AM.
    jefbeard911 and bajanboy1711 like this.
    06-06-16 10:13 PM
    When I showed two of my Android-loving friends my Priv they couldn't keep their hands off of it and said they were going to upgrade their old Droid phones to it when their contract was up. Well, on Saturday they went shopping at Verizon and although they had the Priv in stock and on display, the rep told them that every Priv sold by their store was returned and they do not recommend anyone purchase one.

Despite the fact that this is a lie (I didn't return mine) my friends each ended up with a Droid Turbo 2's. It is quite sad that BlackBerry has no idea how to sell phones.

I'm getting irritated by Verizon's delay in releasing Marshmallow and can't even recommend the Priv to my other half until they do.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-07-16 01:45 AM
    Agree with you Ronald . The pricing for Priv at the time of launch was critical and they went wayward with the pricing .
    06-07-16 02:07 AM
    People bought Priv despite the enormous price and ditched it returning to BlackBerry10.

Enuff said.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-16 04:36 AM

I tried out the Priv, didn't like it at all and went back to my Z30. Android just isn't a smooth and well thought out OS. I am more productive with BB10 than any other OS. I will stay with BB10. So I understand it completely. And I would buy a Z30 replacement, but never will buy a BlackBerry Android.
    jope28 and UnderBerry like this.
    06-07-16 04:51 AM

BlackBerry just has no clue how to execute a roll out of a product. That is what has killed them. Incomplete products at roll out and terrible or lacking advertising.
    06-07-16 04:57 AM
    Why??? Blackberry has been riding the wave down for years now. Not a single positive thing has come from Blackberry since around 2007. 8 years, That's not enough to know they have not got a clue?
    LOL Jaded much in your opinion? BB10 was much better than BBOS.
    06-07-16 04:59 AM
    I think the problem is that break-in period. I almost returned mine, I thought it was defective. During the first 2 days I was getting 2 hour battery life, everything was lagging and it was hot all the time. Now the performance and battery life are better than the Galaxy it replaced.
    06-07-16 07:21 AM
    Sales are poor because it's an overpriced crappy device with a stupid name and few redeeming features.

The fact that many people are returning it makes it even worse, but that's not the main reason for lack of sales.
    06-07-16 07:40 AM
213 1234 ...