04-14-17 12:47 PM
213 123 ...
tools
    Looks like AT&T reps aren't holding their tongue when talking to the media about the Priv not being successful for AT&T.
    Complaining about too many returns on the Priv.

"BlackBerry and the carrier expected to see demand for an Android phone with a physical keyboard. Instead, most of the buyers were BlackBerry loyalists, the executive said. Those faithful, however, struggled with the transition from the BlackBerry operating system to the Android operating system, leading to a higher-than-expected rate of return"

BlackBerry Priv is faring worse than expected - CNET

Attachment 401571
    Attachment 401572

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Gerii likes this.
    06-06-16 12:13 PM
    That AT&T rep didn't identify himself because he witnessed the last time Chen had a hissy fit over a carrier.

I would have gotten a Priv myself even at the ridiculous price had it been built with a 9900 style keyboard and not had all the other quality control problems. Everything about the Priv is Chen's fault, he blew the last best chance BlackBerry had at a comeback.

Z5 - E6853 / Android 6.0 / T-Mobile USA
    06-06-16 12:20 PM
    The QC issues many in the forums reported about probably also helped the return rates climb higher and higher. Such a shame some had to exchange up to 3 devices before they got one without the issues. I am curious to see this quarters result after this reveal.
    I am also curious to see if AT&T will carry the Rome and Hamburg - if those get out of the door one day.

Such a shame
    06-06-16 12:32 PM
    If AT&T wasn't such a POS carrier like the rest of the US carriers and actually provided updates (as the rest of the world has) then those returns would have been minimized. Many issues were fixed with software updates especially Marshmallow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    3hb78ftg, kfehling and BB_PP like this.
    06-06-16 12:34 PM
    Anyone who paid attention to the most recent earnings call could have already told you that. PRIV sales were weak with no outlook for it to improve. CNET"s about 2 months late on their report.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-06-16 12:37 PM
    The QC issues many in the forums reported about probably also helped the return rates climb higher and higher. Such a shame some had to exchange up to 3 devices before they got one without the issues. I am curious to see this quarters result after this reveal.
    I am also curious to see if AT&T will carry the Rome and Hamburg - if those get out of the door one day.

Such a shame
    They didn't mention the QC issues there, but I'd imagine that had an impact just based on the forum comments on CB.

AT&T said in the article that the main reason for returns was that it was mostly 'BlackBerry faithful' users who bought into the Priv and that they couldn't adapt to Android, so they just returned it.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    eldricho likes this.
    06-06-16 12:38 PM
    There are no build quality issues.

There are no price issues.

There are no sales issues.

Everything is perfectly fine. Carry on with your day now comrades.
    06-06-16 01:16 PM
    My humble opinion--85% PRICE

edit: wrong comment-my fingers are working faster than my brain
    Last edited by brookie229; 06-06-16 at 02:05 PM.
    06-06-16 01:41 PM
    Why would price be a factor after the customer bought the Priv? Seems to me they would never have bought it if they thought the price was too high!
    06-06-16 01:55 PM
    Why would price be a factor after the customer bought the Priv? Seems to me they would never have bought it if they thought the price was too high!
    You are 100% correct! I wrote those words and then I thought I had not hit the "POST QUICK REPLY" button and exited the thread. Turns out that did not happen. I had realized too late EXACTLY what this thread was about. My bad. Anyway, it should have been a comment on why the Priv sales (presumably) have not been that great.
    06-06-16 02:03 PM
    Okay, well those two then do affect the return rate.

1. Low number of phone buyers (some BB customers not buying due to high price, others not want Android, others not want slider, etc.)

2. Higher than normal returns, for both hardware or software issues.
    06-06-16 02:08 PM
    No one wants a BlackBerry anymore.

Why do people insist that BlackBerry keep making phones when they don't sell ?

via my Samsung Galaxy S5
    06-06-16 03:03 PM
    No one wants a BlackBerry anymore.

Why do people insist that BlackBerry keep making phones when they don't sell ?

via my Samsung Galaxy S5
    There are many here they might would buy another BlackBerry....

The problem is BlackBerry is not providing a compelling enough reason for many of us to do so. I think the two new phones are not really meant for fans...
    06-06-16 03:20 PM
    It kinda does to some amount, as people are less forgiving of "quirks" in expensive merchandise. However, the article is not just about returns, AT&T is also disappointed because other than die-hard BlackBerry loyalists very few are buying the phone.
    06-06-16 04:10 PM
    It kinda does to some amount, as people are less forgiving of "quirks" in expensive merchandise. However, the article is not just about returns, AT&T is also disappointed because other than die-hard BlackBerry loyalists very few are buying the phone.
    Yes. I know, duh. Thanks for explaining what I already know.
    JosevuN3 likes this.
    06-06-16 04:26 PM
    CNET"s about 2 months late on their report.
    Its news because AT&T just admitted it publicly. The story is about an executive's recent reaction to an ongoing issue, and his opinions as to what is causing the issue.

EDIT: You are right that Crackberrians had this fumble called from the beginning. Maybe BBRY will actually LISTEN to someone in the biz for a change. Probably why the AT&T guy called them out in public. I can't recall a retailer ever doing this.
    06-06-16 04:35 PM
    Yes. I know, duh. Thanks for explaining what I already know.
    Then why post what you did? And whats with the attitude? You used to love me .....
    06-06-16 04:36 PM
    Then why post what you did? And whats with the attitude? You used to love me .....
    I might love you again if you re-read what I posted was in reply to someone else who posted that the return rate was high due to the price of the phone, which does not make sense, but was not the whole premise of the acticle quoted.
    06-06-16 04:39 PM
    I think the uptake would have been so much better if the priv was launched with MM.
    My Priv improved so much since the update; battery life nearly doubled, overheating reduced significantly, no more lag, no more launcher bugs.... Just a great BlackBerry experience.
    The reviews would have been better, less returning of devices, more hype. IMO anyway

on my Priv
    Bbnivende and SolarBear28 like this.
    06-06-16 04:43 PM
    I might love you again if you re-read what I posted .
    I just re-read it. Can we be buds again ??
    06-06-16 05:03 PM
    I think the uptake would have been so much better if the priv was launched with MM.
    My Priv improved so much since the update; battery life nearly doubled, overheating reduced significantly, no more lag, no more launcher bugs.... Just a great BlackBerry experience.
    The reviews would have been better, less returning of devices, more hype. IMO anyway

on my Priv
    Like every resent bb released phine then.
    06-06-16 05:10 PM
    Not really a big surprise. The Priv doesn't stand out. Why would people buy it? PKB...people have moved on except a few like me. Security..most don't care. Android....too many other options. Price....too high.

The Priv is just one more bad idea from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    JosevuN3 and solitude1984 like this.
    06-06-16 05:21 PM
    If they would have introduced the Priv at 499.00 US so it would attract buyers and bring folks back to the brand. It may have had a chance.

You can't expect folks to pay a premium price for a device from a manufacturer who has lost a lot of its once iconic image.
    06-06-16 05:36 PM
    The Privy is struggling? Now there's a surprise
    06-06-16 05:47 PM
    Not really a big surprise. The Priv doesn't stand out. Why would people buy it? PKB...people have moved on except a few like me. Security..most don't care. Android....too many other options. Price....too high.

The Priv is just one more bad idea from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    True.

Passport to Rome
    06-06-16 05:49 PM
213 123 ...