09-28-13 02:38 AM
62 123
tools
    Better yet, 2 devices every 6 months. 1 high end QWERTY, and 1 low end Touch, then 6 months later 1 high end Full Touch & 1 low end QWERTY.

That way they will have a new high end & a new low end phone every 6 months for those shopping for low end phones & those shopping for high end phones.
    That is a very good strategy... depending on the numbers though.
    09-25-13 07:52 PM
    So this means that if I buy the Z30, then there will be no new Blackberry all touch-screen flagship devices to distract me for at least six months.

This just makes my Z30 purchase more likely!
    apparently you should know that the Z30 is the last BB phone ever
    09-25-13 07:52 PM
    how do we know this? considering that Fairfax specifically named dropped 'carriers' in their Press Release, i would argue otherwise

what do they care about carriers if they are only going to be a factor for one quarter after the sale goes through?
    They may have dropped 'carriers' in their press release but given recent news and carriers such as Tmobile announcing they won't carry BlackBerry phones in store...doesn't sound like the carriers care all that much.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 07:57 PM
    The z30 will be releasing in Canada possibly next month or November, so, a few months with no new device is not bad

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 08:24 PM
    I wouldn't have guessed lol. Of course no more this year after z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 08:26 PM
    They may have dropped 'carriers' in their press release but given recent news and carriers such as Tmobile announcing they won't carry BlackBerry phones in store...doesn't sound like the carriers care all that much.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Which is why they will working on the relationship. If they didn't want to sell phones they wouldn't have mentioned that. Of course it could mean selling the 4 current models for an extended period, but I don't think they will be completely out of the game.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 08:36 PM
    Agreed. Which is why they will working on the relationship. If they didn't want to sell phones they wouldn't have mentioned that. Of course it could mean selling the 4 current models for an extended period, but I don't think they will be completely out of the game.

Posted via CB10
    I truly hope you are right.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 08:48 PM
    This is good, 6 month replacement cycles are nasty! Samsung runs about 8 months between S3 and S4, and iPhone does annual, which is ideal, in my opinion. Release 2 devices every 6 months? High end qwerty and touch and then lower end later?

Posted by Z10
    That's what it looks like will happen. In all likelihood they'll anounce two new devices at BlackBerry live next year or shorly before that. And it's looking like it will be the two lower end models that they anounce. At least in my option.

Sent from my Q10
    09-25-13 09:06 PM
    That's what it looks like will happen. In all likelihood they'll anounce two new devices at BlackBerry live next year or shorly before that. And it's looking like it will be the two lower end models that they anounce. At least in my option.

Sent from my Q10
    If they are going to wait that long they would need to release a higher end model... or else the Q10 and Z30 will be pretty 'old' ... this means that the cycle stated above may be better fitted for the current situation. high and low end devices alternating between Q and Z models every release
    09-25-13 09:18 PM
    Better yet, 2 devices every 6 months. 1 high end QWERTY, and 1 low end Touch, then 6 months later 1 high end Full Touch & 1 low end QWERTY.

That way they will have a new high end & a new low end phone every 6 months for those shopping for low end phones & those shopping for high end phones.
    That's kinda what they did
    Z10 - low end full touch
    Q10 - high end qwerty
    Q5 - low end qwerty
    Z30 - high end full touch

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    FSeverino likes this.
    09-25-13 10:09 PM
    That's kinda what they did
    Z10 - low end full touch
    Q10 - high end qwerty
    Q5 - low end qwerty
    Z30 - high end full touch

Yup. Good point, didn't even think of that... Although at release Z10 has named as high

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 10:53 PM
    Well, 6 devices is a lot to start off with

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 10:59 PM
    Better than I figured. I predicted the Z30 wouldn't actually be released at all. But it appears it's going to squeak out the door after all, before the entire facade comes crumbling down. Good for them.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    09-26-13 12:27 AM
    Doesn't Fairfax have significant holdings in overstock.com ??? Just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 12:40 AM
    Yup. Good point, didn't even think of that... Although at release Z10 has named as high

Posted via CB10
    You wouldn't have paid the exhorbitantly high price if it were "low end" would you?
    09-26-13 12:43 AM
    Lmao at people calling the Z30 a "high end" device! Maybe in the Bbry echo chamber but not out in the real world.

Either way I do not think the phone does well in the market
    09-26-13 12:52 AM
    You wouldn't have paid the exhorbitantly high price if it were "low end" would you?
    I would have been ok with supporting BlackBerry anyway, but because I got it around launch time I expect to pay a bit more for the first BB10 and first REAL touchscreen from BlackBerry

09-26-13 01:27 AM
    I would have been ok with supporting BlackBerry anyway
    You're saying that you'd be willing to donate free money to a huge multinational corporation? Why? Do you think they'd do the same for you? Please enlighten me.
    09-26-13 01:34 AM
    You're saying that you'd be willing to donate free money to a huge multinational corporation? Why? Do you think they'd do the same for you? Please enlighten me.
    For the simple fact that I'm Canadian and i would like a Canadian company to sell some (in my opinion) nice devices so i bought one my brother got one my best friend got one and his girlfriend did to I even think his mom got one, and now roughly 7 months later I've already got enough money for a Z30 when it comes out. So after all that is over we get a bunch of happy BlackBerry customers that didn't mind paying for once again in my opinion a nice device

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    Akuji_ism and SK122387 like this.
    09-26-13 02:06 AM
    For the simple fact that I'm Canadian
    Aahhhhh and there we have it. Well I'm an American but you don't see me donating money to Bank of America. Keep the emotions out of it and you might hold on to more of your own money.
    09-26-13 02:58 AM
    Aahhhhh and there we have it. Well I'm an American but you don't see me donating money to Bank of America. Keep the emotions out of it and you might hold on to more of your own money.
    I still have enough money and I have my BlackBerrys to so then I guess I'll keep buying BlackBerrys and you can continue not donating money to the bank of America, by the way does not donating to the bank of America get you a new device to play

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    SK122387 likes this.
    09-26-13 03:15 AM
    That doesn't matter, because it is still a high end phone, they just the tier of it.

It is nothing like the other low end Q5

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 07:25 AM
    Yeah, BlackBerry reached out to me as a fan and gave me a whole backpack worth of goodies.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    09-26-13 08:15 AM
    Yeah, BlackBerry reached out to me as a fan and gave me a whole backpack worth of goodies.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    Good to know that you can be bought for a few $'s worth of plastic toys made in China
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-26-13 12:49 PM
    It's incredible to think that a company would continue to produce devices that the market has uniformly rejected. How will BB10 be different 6-12 months from now? Blackberry's engineering team is being gutted even as Apple, Google, and Microsoft pour resources at developing the phones of the future. If development were to continue, BB10 would fall farther and farther behind.

But development will not continue. There will be no more BB10 devices, no more BB10, and no more Blackberry.

Palm and Amiga still have active user groups.
    Tuco Ramirez likes this.
    09-26-13 02:28 PM
62 123