Interview with John Chen. BB10 will continue to be supported for at least 2 more years then merged with Android if security can be brought up to the same level as BB10. But there are no plans for new BB10 phones, only Android based with BlackBerry modifications.

GulfNews

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 04:15 PM
    Thanks for posting the Link, at least I'm getting two years out of my 100 buck Leap.
    04-13-16 04:27 PM
    Thanks for posting the Link, at least I'm getting two years out of my 100 buck Leap.
    $100 is a great deal. Where did you buy it?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 04:57 PM
    Mr. Chen wants to sell the remaining BB10 stock within this time.

04-13-16 04:58 PM
    Great thanks!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 05:03 PM
    $100 is a great deal. Where did you buy it?

Posted via CB10
    A reseller over Amazon in Germany ( 100 with Tax) "out of box" but new with a 2 warranty. I had been looking for a good condition used Z30 but they never got under 180 from reputable resellers.
    04-13-16 05:26 PM
    Merge?

Welp, Android with Google Services will never be secure.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 05:42 PM
    Looking to grab a used Classic for a backup phone. If I can get one for $100 I will be very pleased.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-13-16 08:02 PM
    Interesting comment, think I was holding out for at least one more bb10 phone!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-16 04:47 AM
    It seems they are flailing around what to do with devices. We read inconsistencies in statements. OS10 is inherently the most secure and if they want that niche market they need to invest in it and price the devices accordingly for low volume. Attempting to compete in the now commodity Android market is foolhardy. What is keeping others from adding security features to Android? Do most Android buyers care about security anyway? How are they going to sell the remaining stock of 10 devices now that they have announced it is being discontinued and will not supported past two years?

The bigger question is why are they bothering to get the high government security rating on 10 if it is being discontinued?

What should we believe of these mixed messages?

Posted via CB10
    3Dee and markmall like this.
    04-15-16 06:52 AM
    If someone decides to set up shop collecting, repairing, and selling used BB10 devices, I bet they could do some business for a few years. There are a few of us willing to hang on to the bitter end.
    04-15-16 10:09 AM
    Smartphone Cuba.
    You guys kill me!
    04-15-16 08:26 PM
    It seems they are flailing around what to do with devices. We read inconsistencies in statements.
    Sadly, that's because BB really doesn't have a USP (unique selling point) that most customers - even business customers - find valuable. Businesses need apps too, so BB10 is a non-starter there, and the enhanced security of the Priv is nice but the price is too high and with Knox coming along there is less and less of a selling point for BB - especially with the high price, older hardware, and much less certainty that they'll remain in the business (not that they'll go bankrupt, but they will likely exit the smartphone hardware business).

It all goes back to Mike Lazaridis completely squandering BB's lead by clinging to older technology (where BB did well) as the world was forging ahead. When everyone is starting to buy cars, you won't win by trying to convince them that you have the best horses for sale...
    JeepBB and GadgetTravel like this.
    04-16-16 05:02 PM
    If someone decides to set up shop collecting, repairing, and selling used BB10 devices, I bet they could do some business for a few years. There are a few of us willing to hang on to the bitter end.
    This is funny... People give there old BlackBerry's away. In good condition for free. And that's the few and I mean few that used to own one.

It sucks, I enjoy BB10 but don't say there is a business in repairing a phone people toss in the garbage once they upgrade.

BlackBerry can't make a business out of there phones.

But I bet someone could selling used BlackBerry's.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-16 01:22 AM