05-17-15 08:35 AM
210 ... 56789
tools
    No that is NOT all that matters, especially if one wants their next phone to be a BlackBerry too.

Posted via CB10
    Your opinion and you are entitled to your own opinion.
    But in this case the OP was concerned that people were criticising his use of a BlackBerry. IF that attitude is left unchecked then using a BlackBerry in the future is ALSO compromised.
    Over coming concern over what people think of your choice of phone, and owning your decision to use a BlackBerry, is the first step in keeping a BlackBerry in your pocket.
    To sum it up, if the OP is that concerned what people think of his choices, he might as well be a "sheeple" and go iPhone.
    So for the OP, yes, that is ALL that matters.
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-31-15 08:01 AM
    Your opinion and you are entitled to your own opinion.
    But in this case the OP was concerned that people were criticising his use of a BlackBerry. IF that attitude is left unchecked then using a BlackBerry in the future is ALSO compromised.
    Over coming concern over what people think of your choice of phone, and owning your decision to use a BlackBerry, is the first step in keeping a BlackBerry in your pocket.
    To sum it up, if the OP is that concerned what people think of his choices, he might as well be a "sheeple" and go iPhone.
    So for the OP, yes, that is ALL that matters.
    No sir, it doesn't. I said I love my Z30 and I use it more than my iPhone. I've said this before and I'll say it again. I charged my IPhone after 2 days when it was dead. I just hate it when people say BlackBerry is trash and you're using it. I explain them the whole thing but who listens? They like running Laggy OSs like android. I'm sick of android!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 11:24 AM
    I think the next quarterly report will show BlackBerry is wrong about focusing on PKB. But it will get Chen closer to his goal of getting out of the handset business.

Posted via CB10
    How will it do that. It does look like the Classic hasn't sold that well but there is no evidence that any BB10 device will sell well.
    03-31-15 11:58 AM
    Why does the American media hate BB? Any American BB users here? BB's market share there is less than 1%, right?
    As has been pointed out, the Guardian is British. That aside, they are just reporting the facts. BB handset sales are dropping every quarter.
    03-31-15 12:05 PM
    How will it do that. It does look like the Classic hasn't sold that well but there is no evidence that any BB10 device will sell well.
    Because they do not have a phone do for Z10 users coming out of contract to upgrade to, Leap is a side grade, and they won't have anything for Z30 users to upgrade too. Q users have the Passport, Classic is a side grade. When you don't have product for people to buy, your sales fall. I don't expect Z users to wait around and see if Chen has something for them, so he better start leaking soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 02:49 PM
    BUT JC said Classic did well but not as good as Passport
    03-31-15 02:55 PM
    Because they do not have a phone do for Z10 users coming out of contract to upgrade to, Leap is a side grade, and they won't have anything for Z30 users to upgrade too. Q users have the Passport, Classic is a side grade. When you don't have product for people to buy, your sales fall. I don't expect Z users to wait around and see if Chen has something for them, so he better start leaking soon.

Posted via CB10
    You deserve a thumbs up on this one. Thats why I started a thread mocking the leap. Lame name and uninteresting specs!
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-31-15 02:56 PM
    I love no device, but my Q10 fits my desires and preferences for a personal communication device better than others out there, for the time being.

I have no loyalty to any company or corporation, and if a personal communication device comes to market that I prefer over BlackBerry, then when it's time to upgrade I'll choose another device.

Posted via CB10
    I too share your statement.

For years I was stuck with a Palm Treo 680 and loved it, because it did WHAT I wanted from a device. I left them only because then then Palm Treo 700 started to use the Windows Mobile platform, I think it was Windows 6. The phone / device then never suited my needs. So I tried the BlackBerry 8700, and it suited what I wanted exactly. And since then, the BlackBerry OS continues to meet my needs.

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2582)
    jegs2 likes this.
    04-01-15 01:19 AM
    http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...10/473/63b.jpg

Can I quote you for future references?
    I mean, since it's an official Frank quote now...
    Would it be ok?
    Feel free to do so.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-01-15 03:03 AM
    and what are these devices than can outperformed Apple? Go to Anandtech and show me a phone that does better then the latest Iphones....even phones with 3Gb ram and more cores Cpu cannot beat the Iphones.
    Pure specs / CPU power.
    Not usability / usefulness.
    (...other phones win hands down)

Share a file in a second? Via NFC? SDcard swap?
    No, gotta find the cord, hook the thing up to iTunes, then iTunes wants to update, the phone wants to res-sync, etc...

For a simple silly file?
    Yeah, email it to yourself or somebody...

(or use a cloud service, not much of a fan...)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    04-01-15 04:19 AM
    Pure specs / CPU power.
    Not usability / usefulness.
    (...other phones win hands down)

Share a file in a second? Via NFC? SDcard swap?
    No, gotta find the cord, hook the thing up to iTunes, then iTunes wants to update, the phone wants to res-sync, etc...

For a simple silly file?
    Yeah, email it to yourself or somebody...

(or use a cloud service, not much of a fan...)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    I completely agree there.
    The way the iPhone handles that, is ridiculously complicated.

Same for email file attachments.
    It's honestly puzzling, why people actually appreciate it, to be that limited, when it comes down to something as easy and essential as file sharing.
    kbz1960, moyah8 and Prem WatsApp like this.
    04-01-15 05:10 AM
    The Guardian is an American newspaper? Who knew. The facts are pretty clear as described in the article. The sales of devices have dropped significantly, they aren't going up. There is no reason to think next quarter won't be worse.
    Actually, BB10 sales ARE increasing, if slowly. The reason sales are falling is that the drop in legacy device sales is faster than BB10 sales can catch up.

The sales figures for the last quarter don't include Classic sales on Verizon or Passport sales on AT&T, as these were released after the reporting cutoff.

The Leap is a nifty little full-touch that will (hopefully) make up some volume.

BlackBerry is not a dead end. They're making money on hardware and slowly rebuilding a user base following a painful platform shift.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    04-01-15 05:34 AM
    Actually, BB10 sales ARE increasing, if slowly. The reason sales are falling is that the drop in legacy device sales is faster than BB10 sales can catch up.

The sales figures for the last quarter don't include Classic sales on Verizon or Passport sales on AT&T, as these were released after the reporting cutoff.

The Leap is a nifty little full-touch that will (hopefully) make up some volume.

BlackBerry is not a dead end. They're making money on hardware and slowly rebuilding a user base following a painful platform shift.

I think you need to go look over the Financials again. They go up slightly around launch and new releases times, but are dropping. The only good news is that BBOS sales are finally almost dead, but BB10 is not really seeing a quarter over quarter over quarter upward trend. At least not from the numbers I have seen. I'd like to see BlackBerry give device breakouts in their reports to show what customers really want.

Posted via CB10
    dolco likes this.
    04-01-15 05:57 AM
    I think you need to go look over the Financials again. They go up slightly around launch and new releases times, but are dropping. The only good news is that BBOS sales are finally almost dead, but BB10 is not really seeing a quarter over quarter over quarter upward trend. At least not from the numbers I have seen. I'd like to see BlackBerry give device breakouts in their reports to show what customers really want.

Posted via CB10
    I, too, would like more detailed breakouts, and I'll say flat out that the current sales levels are unsustainable, even if they did manage to make money on hardware last quarter somehow.

Let them get the Leap launched and let's see how they do next quarter.

04-01-15 06:16 AM

Badly - the basic strategy (as least here in the UK) hasn't changed from the last few duds - push it out to be sold by a few on-line retailers, a few business contracts with one network and then... hope. Even if it was the best (from a technical point of view) phone on the market it would struggle but as a "me too" lower-middle tier device there is just too much competition for that sort of price concious consumer.
    04-01-15 06:25 AM
    They're finally doing what they're supposed to be doing on BlackBerry 10 hardware, which their CEO considers a necessary evil.
    04-01-15 06:44 AM
    I, too, would like more detailed breakouts, and I'll say flat out that the current sales levels are unsustainable, even if they did manage to make money on hardware last quarter somehow.

I think the Leap will sell well into Enterprise, but that will be small numbers. BlackBerry can't increase sales device sales without consumers buying phones. They only had 2200 BES10/12 customers. Let's say each customer buys 1000 phones, that's only 2.2 million and done for two to three years because business upgrade cycles are slow.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 06:53 AM
    Guardian isn't an American Newspaper. Oh and the USA probably still generates more revenue for BlackBerry than any other country in the world.

Posted via CB10
    You sure about that? Source please.
    Less than 1% market share in the US how can they generate more revenue for BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 07:15 AM
    I love no device, but my Q10 fits my desires and preferences for a personal communication device better than others out there, for the time being.

I have no loyalty to any company or corporation, and if a personal communication device comes to market that I prefer over BlackBerry, then when it's time to upgrade I'll choose another device.

Posted via CB10
    Why don't you go for a Classic?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 07:16 AM
    Why don't you go for a Classic?

Posted via CB10
    You mean a Q10 with a tool belt, for $450? Man I wish I could buy a new phone with zero internal improvements over my old phone and pay a premium price for it!

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 07:40 AM

If you want more info then read through my thread here.

BB10 sales are not increasing and BB are not making a profit on hardware when you include sales admin, marketing and R&D.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...y2015-1009750/
    mikeo007 likes this.
    04-01-15 08:57 AM
    You sure about that? Source please.
    Less than 1% market share in the US how can they generate more revenue for BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    I think they're less than 1% worldwide from what I can tell.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 11:51 AM
    I think they're less than 1% worldwide from what I can tell.

Posted via CB10
    Untrue

Check Out TechCraze
    04-01-15 01:33 PM
    Untrue

Check Out TechCraze
    0.4% global marketshare in 2014.
    Yes, the installed base is higher, but only marginally.
    GadgetTravel and dolco like this.
    04-01-15 02:18 PM
    0.4% global marketshare in 2014.
    Yes, the installed base is higher, but only marginally.
    Thanks for getting the number. Math isn't my strong suit, but I am pretty darn sure that 0.4% is less than 1.0%.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-01-15 02:35 PM
210 ... 56789