12-07-14 09:32 PM
32 12
tools
    I think we already have something like this - electronic medical records. I use them every day on mobile devices. Trust me, the transformation of someone's genomic data into useful information isn't going to happen on a mobile device. Again, it's like trying to download the map of an entire country rather than simply querying a database for specific directions.
    I don't know what this cloud does it can easily deliver electronic records far superior to what your describing or anything before. Just haven't seen it. I don't know what this cloud does.The man told us to wait till CES so just wait.

Are you even a doctor?? Eitehr way Im not gonna side with you over the the worlds richest doctor who's spent and made **** load of money in medical profession.He obviously knows his stuff to be worth 13billion. I'll go with that guy. Just wait it out and see what he's team built..
    12-05-14 09:44 AM
    I will definitely be watching 60 minutes this Sunday I've already set my PVR to record it. I'll make my own mind up on the technology rather than taking the word of some a health professionals who also happen to be experts in a technology that hasn't been released to the public yet.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 11:28 AM
    I think we already have something like this - electronic medical records. I use them every day on mobile devices. Trust me, the transformation of someone's genomic data into useful information isn't going to happen on a mobile device. Again, it's like trying to download the map of an entire country rather than simply querying a database for specific directions.
    If I remind correctly I heard that what would be printed on screen are genome variation and possible medications/Treatment. But I'm pretty sure he didn"t disclose anything "revolutionnary" (if any); we'll discover that later on in the 60 minutes video, I believe.
    12-05-14 01:31 PM
    From CBS: Preview of 60 minutes interview to be aired tonight with short video clip. Check link.

Doctor battles cancer in unorthodox way - CBS News

Doctor battles cancer in unorthodox way
    Already a billionaire for creating an innovative cancer drug, Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong is turning heads with more unconventional ways of treating the disease he hopes to conquer

DEC 5

"Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong has already struck a blow against cancer, inventing a drug to fight the disease that's helped to make him the richest man in Los Angeles. Now the surgeon and entrepreneur is using nearly a billion dollars of his fortune to go full throttle into an unconventional method of fighting cancer that he hopes will make it a chronic, treatable disease instead of a death sentence. Dr. Sanjay Gupta reports on Soon-Shiong and his cancer research for a 60 Minutes story to be broadcast on Sunday, Dec. 7.

Most cancer treatment is governed by the location of the tumor; some drugs are for breast cancer, others work better against lung cancer, for example. Soon-Shiong has built an infrastructure to enable his researchers to map the entire genome of individual tumors, a process that once could have taken months but with new supercomputers can be done in a day. The idea is to learn as much about a tumor's mutations so the bad mutations can be identified. It's thought that by classifying the cancer by its mutations, each bad mutation can be seen as a separate disease to treat individually with specifically designed drugs.

"Imagine reclassifying cancer...and understand that cancer's a slew of rare diseases," says Soon-Shiong. "It's going to mean you have a better shot at having a better outcome and having a quality of life and actually turn the cancer, hopefully, into a chronic disease," he tells Gupta.

Soon-Shiong says his method is ready to be used in the mainstream now, but some oncologists, who despite seeing the merit in the technique, don't think it's entirely proven.

One of them is Dr. Derek Raghavan, president of the Levine Cancer Institute in Charlotte, North Carolina. "Yes, that's a fair theory...I don't think we're there now...I don't think we'll be there next year," he says. "I think that's there's just too much hard, complex science that has to be done before this is state of the art. But it's a very cool idea for the future. "
    12-07-14 08:09 AM
    Current electronic medical records can be improved in so many ways!! I speak from experience with programs such as Horizon, Epic and Xcare.. but maybe the Netherlands is a bit behind with electronic medical records, perhaps you have an example? What program do you use on your mobile device?
    12-07-14 08:16 AM
    I'm pretty sure the screen size and keyboard have something to do with it as well. Docs can see a lot more and type out reports a lot quicker. It is the best of ALL worlds

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 07:45 PM
    Let's not forget where this partnership started:

Article:  The Forbes Healthcare Summit 2014:  Smart Data Transforming Lives-thorsten-heins-patrick-soon-shiong-phoenix-ezho6zjxhxhl.jpg

Posted via CB10
    itsyaboy and geekaren like this.
    12-07-14 09:32 PM
32 12