Don't think this was posted yet... some interesting analysis on potential impact of BB/Samsung enterprise alliance (assuming of course, BB and Sammy can execute it properly):

Theres something about BlackBerry that even its biggest fans can forget. BlackBerry has never been a phone company it has always been a network company. For over thirty years, BlackBerry has done clever things to and with networks. It brought efficient data management, security and intelligence to mobile packet networks very useful services.

Its easy to forget that when you look at the RIM/BlackBerry history, it didnt make a phone until it was 17 years old.

Droidberry dangles: Why the BlackBerry-Samsung alliance is big potatoes ? The Register
    03-13-15 09:31 AM
    I just read an article about a new security phone that Samsung and the new security company BB acquired being announced at a upcoming IT show. I believe it is Tizen based.

Quite frankly, I would really like to see a BB / Samsung alliance. I think we would then get the best of both worlds.

I was reading this in a Doc's office and cannot find the article online to be able to post a link.
    03-13-15 09:59 AM
    It's all potatoes and no meat.... rumor and speculation at it's best.

While I do expect to see something come from their "working" together (alliance is a little strong), I don't think that BlackBerry is trying to get back into the consumer market or that Samsung wants to use BlackBerry for anything other than enterprise.
    03-13-15 10:01 AM
    It's all potatoes and no meat.... rumor and speculation at it's best.
    No. That's your job

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10 and Dave Bourque like this.
    03-13-15 10:13 AM
    No. That's your job

Posted via CB10
    His job? Wachya mean?

Z30 STA100-2. 10.3.1.747
    03-13-15 04:08 PM
    Nice article, thanks for posting it and always nice to see the author engaged with the audience

I have also wondered why the stock market has seemingly completely discounted any potential good to come from the relationship with Samsung, perhaps because it's still too undefined. They are potentially a great fit though and I am very interested to see what will come.
    abwan11 and AndrewOrlowski like this.
    03-13-15 05:14 PM
    I just read an article about a new security phone that Samsung and the new security company BB acquired being announced at a upcoming IT show. I believe it is Tizen based.

Quite frankly, I would really like to see a BB / Samsung alliance. I think we would then get the best of both worlds.

I was reading this in a Doc's office and cannot find the article online to be able to post a link.
    One potential fit will be to sell the hardware business to Samsung and quit the BB10 + phone business. With this, BBRY can start to focus on the Iot initiative and scaling QNX business, sign deal with Samsung to provide the network side security management . Having Samsung using BBRY solution will validate it as a industry leading solution and BBRY will definitely be able to replace the HW revenue and buy enough time with minimum risk to ramp up other EMM and security software offerings.
    03-13-15 05:30 PM
    I love how few people ever mention how Tizen is a fork of Nokia's Meego OS. Meego and WebOS are both looked down upon by the media for being failures, but Tizen? Well hey, there's something "fresh" from Samsung that could be the next big thing.

:|

People make no sense.

Ps. iOS is a BSD based Unix-like OS. Tizen, Meego, WebOS and Ubuntu phone are Linux based Unix-like OSes. BlackBerry 10 is a QNX based Unix-like OS. And Android is a runtime environment that also uses Linux. The only odd player left in the mobile OS market is Microsoft, but even "their own thing" apes Unix in some ways. So realistically, all these operating systems are variations on a common theme, all of which are capable of accomplishing the task at hand.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 08:43 PM
    [QUOTE=drrobert_Taco;11463958) They are potentially a great fit though and I am very interested to see what will come.[/QUOTE]

Their collaboration may be outside of the obvious reasons. Sammy has a lot of money. Blackberry has a lot of potential. That's innovation.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 10:07 PM
    We'll probably get a better indication of their partnership during the next ER.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-13-15 10:38 PM
    I love how few people ever mention how Tizen is a fork of Nokia's Meego OS. Meego and WebOS are both looked down upon by the media for being failures, but Tizen? Well hey, there's something "fresh" from Samsung that could be the next big thing.

:|

People make no sense.

Ps. iOS is a BSD based Unix-like OS. Tizen, Meego, WebOS and Ubuntu phone are Linux based Unix-like OSes. BlackBerry 10 is a QNX based Unix-like OS. And Android is a runtime environment that also uses Linux. The only odd player left in the mobile OS market is Microsoft, but even "their own thing" apes Unix in some ways. So realistically, all these operating systems are variations on a common theme, all of which are capable of accomplishing the task at hand.

Posted via CB10
    honestly the only place I hear "tizen" being used as some miracle out for Samsung over android is here on CB. I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks that tizen is a big thing. Its just a nice side project for Samsung to use in certain products. It aimed at very low end smartphone option as well but its never going to be big
    03-13-15 10:49 PM
    I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks that tizen is a big thing. Its just a nice side project for Samsung to use in certain products. It aimed at very low end smartphone option as well but its never going to be big
    It could be someday. Samsung is taking a baby steps approach to try to grow the mobile side of Tizen. They're in no rush to do so.
    03-13-15 11:12 PM
    Their collaboration may be outside of the obvious reasons. Sammy has a lot of money. Blackberry has a lot of potential. That's innovation.
    Please explain how "that" (?) is innovation.
    03-14-15 11:09 AM