07-31-14 09:03 PM
432 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Keep the discussions on topic guys, sure there are a couple of posts that refer to the OP, just don't go off tangent discussing what the other site is and isn't please.
    07-20-14 06:48 PM
    Digital trends keeps retweeting this article stating its "trending" even though almost every comment is trashing the article for various reasons. This tells us two things...1) Its obviously click bait by design. 2) this site is close to death if a speckling of BlackBerry fans clicking is making this story trend on its site...super low turnout.

This site will be closed in several months.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    07-20-14 07:47 PM
    Like another person said above, we should not visit these links as that's exactly what these tabloid media site want... our clicks, visits, People logging in and commenting etc. E.g. I stopped visiting BGR months ago and I could not be happier. Screw these guys, let's see what they say next year after this device has been in the market for a while.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 07:55 PM
    Digital trends keeps retweeting this article stating its "trending" even though almost every comment is trashing the article for various reasons. This tells us two things...1) Its obviously click bait by design. 2) this site is close to death if a speckling of BlackBerry fans clicking is making this story trend on its site...super low turnout.

This site will be closed in several months.

Posted via CB10
    That's because every time that's a poll about phone the crackberrians vote in droves. So now they are using the same tactic to get the crackberrians to click on the articles. Hook. Line. Sinker.. lol!!

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-20-14 08:10 PM
    I look at it this way. When the media fall silent on a company you know they are destined for the scrap heap.
    When the media talk about a company you know they are doing something right.

A food critic will always try and find fault with the food no matter how good it is. If a critic falls silent I wouldn't touch that restaurant with a barge pole.
    07-20-14 08:28 PM
    That's because every time that's a poll about phone the crackberrians vote in droves. So now they are using the same tactic to get the crackberrians to click on the articles. Hook. Line. Sinker.. lol!!

Posted via CB10
    Every. Single. Time. It's tragically hilarious.
    07-20-14 08:31 PM
    Digital Trends removed my posts. Total trash site imo. The author ,in another article reviews a $11,500 POS phone that runs on android 4.4, lol. Blackberry Passport more than holds its own and then some when compared!
    07-20-14 08:38 PM
    Digital Trends removed my posts. Total trash site imo. The author ,in another article reviews a $11,500 POS phone that runs on android 4.4, lol. Blackberry Passport more than holds its own and then some when compared!
    LOL, what did you say?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 08:43 PM
    It's sad how much unprofessional journalism can be found out there, even in the tech field.
    I read articles, whose authors obviously have no fundamental experience or knowledge about the covered device, especially when it comes to BB10.

It almost seems like some reviewers think their job is done by turning on a device and taking a glance at the user interface for a couple of minutes. This is sad because it doesn't give niche players like BlackBerry a chance to successfully differentiate themselves. In fact, BB10 is a very advanced and interesting operating system, and that's definitely not a biased view.

The only things really missing on the BlackBerry platform right now are content providers delivering apps - and users.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    07-20-14 08:56 PM
    My friend also has a S4 and he's always using the charger in my car. But the last time I tried to say this people were accusing me of being a BB fanboy and making things up about the S4... I'm glad I'm not the only one who have seen this...
    My wife saw my Q when I got it. She had an S4 at the time. Liked the interface/OS of BB10, really liked the hub, but mostly liked the battery life. Got her a Z10 on EBAY for $200 USD last year for her birthday in October. She hasn't touched the S4 since.

Q10/10.2.1.2156 1 waiting for my Passport
    neteng1000 likes this.
    07-20-14 09:34 PM
    Ignoring the iPod Touch, all of those products are of complementary nature. They aren't substitutes.

I can do things with the iPad, I can't do with the iPhone alone (think of the medical sector for an easy illustration).
    The Mac, being an actual PC, obviously has capabilities exceeding the ones from the iPad. Thus, there is another usecase for it as well.
    The smartphone is the smartphone, it's neither a Tablet nor a PC.

Those are all standalone products, united by a common ecosystem.
    And it therefore makes perfect sense, to go from an iPhone to an iPad to a Mac (or wherever it started), if you were happy/satisfied with your first Apple purchase. Which apparently is the case for a lot of consumers.

You saying that you are 80% less likely to get an iPad when you already have an iPhone, only makes sense in about 2 cases...
    1) You regard phones and tablets as substitutes (which doesn't make sense by itself, but there would be an inherent logic to choice of your words).

2) You don't want an iPad and would buy a W8/Android tablet if you already have an iPhone.

But please be honest...
    Did you really need the clarification of phones, tablets and PCs not being substitutes???

Posted via CB10
    2. I don't want an ipad and rather have a surface? Or an android tablet because one most occasions the iPhone would cover any real usage for the ipad that the surface (lord forbid) cannot cover
    Basically my point is how much more task can say an ipad do that most android tablet not do or the surface my point is why don't people diversify?

In my house there's an iTouch, z10 playbook, android tablet and soon will be surface.
    Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 09:44 PM
    Ignoring the iPod Touch, all of those products are of complementary nature. They aren't substitutes.

I can do things with the iPad, I can't do with the iPhone alone (think of the medical sector for an easy illustration).
    The Mac, being an actual PC, obviously has capabilities exceeding the ones from the iPad. Thus, there is another usecase for it as well.
    The smartphone is the smartphone, it's neither a Tablet nor a PC.

Those are all standalone products, united by a common ecosystem.
    And it therefore makes perfect sense, to go from an iPhone to an iPad to a Mac (or wherever it started), if you were happy/satisfied with your first Apple purchase. Which apparently is the case for a lot of consumers.

You saying that you are 80% less likely to get an iPad when you already have an iPhone, only makes sense in about 2 cases...
    1) You regard phones and tablets as substitutes (which doesn't make sense by itself, but there would be an inherent logic to choice of your words).

2) You don't want an iPad and would buy a W8/Android tablet if you already have an iPhone.

But please be honest...
    Did you really need the clarification of phones, tablets and PCs not being substitutes???

Posted via CB10
    Your medical example is good... don't disagree at all. But for the general consumer I would argue that an iPad is redundant if the person already has an iPhone (though not the other way around as the iPad can't make calls). And if all the person does is browse the web then I'd argue that even a Mac is redundant next to an iPhone. I never touch my playbook anymore now that I have my Z30. I still use my desktop but I could see the day where I just use my phone on the big screen via HDMI. Obviously I am not representative of everyone out there, but I see where spike is coming from.
    07-20-14 10:39 PM
    It's sad how much unprofessional journalism can be found out there, even in the tech field.
    I read articles, whose authors obviously have no fundamental experience or knowledge about the covered device, especially when it comes to BB10.

It almost seems like some reviewers think their job is done by turning on a device and taking a glance at the user interface for a couple of minutes. This is sad because it doesn't give niche players like BlackBerry a chance to successfully differentiate themselves. In fact, BB10 is a very advanced and interesting operating system, and that's definitely not a biased view.

The only things really missing on the BlackBerry platform right now are content providers delivering apps - and users.
    You raise your expectation by calling it journalism which is not. It's rare find these days in the media to find true investigation journal piece.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 11:15 PM
    "Last edited by Elessar.cm; Yesterday at 07:41 PM. Reason: Explicative deleted."

Hey Moderator: Technically I did not post an expletive but you should have at least left an indicator in my post to show that I did not agree with the article.
    Sorry if I got it wrong, just seemed you were supporting the article.
    07-20-14 11:27 PM
    I concur with the sentiment of the article. I've thought about getting a Q10 on the side alongside my Nexus 4 cause i love the hardware.. but i can never justify it. While bb10 isnt awful, and while not very mature, things like apps are a huge problem. i mean really, other than to enjoy holding the phone itself and maybe getting satisfaction from typing on the keyboard, whats the point? 99% of people do much more than just email and browsing the internet. Even at that, bb10 isnt even top dog with Chrome on android and ios, and official email apps like gmail, yahoo, outlook etc. At best it competes with the basic, general email app.. and so what if it does. If presented with an option to buy two phones at the same price, why even consider going for the one with obvious less potential?
    07-20-14 11:27 PM
    But that horse is a companion who shows emotion and loyalty while a car is a piece of metal and in animate. A horse will go places no cars can. Horses are better for the environment, they also look better on a carousel.

Then again cars and iphones are made out of aluminium which while cheap doesn't stop it's maker from jacking up the price because of a FEW novelty ideas.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    Aluminum is cheap?? O.o

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-20-14 11:36 PM
    A look at the Authors past jobs:

Managing Editor of iPhonefreak.com.
    Writer for Bluerayfreak.com
    Contributor for FYI Magazine, a now defunct iPad-only publication.
    I supplied a weekly list of ?new and notable? iPhone and iPad apps to Yappler.com.

Enough said.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    BroncoVAL, lift and spikesolie like this.
    07-20-14 11:46 PM
    Aluminum is cheap?? O.o

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    At least he didn't say the guy's momma is cheap and a novelty :-)

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    07-21-14 02:17 AM
    Check this out....hahahaha
    [Article] Don?t be Fooled by Nostalgia: Running back to BlackBerry is still a Mistake-img_20140721_190606.png

He has some nerve...doesn't he?
    07-21-14 04:24 AM
    The journalist made me create an account on the site just so that I can comment on how bad a journalist he is. Heck, he isn't even worth that title or a job.

But what the muggle doesn't know is that, by that article, he has helped put BlackBerry on a bigger stage to be looked at and researched by those curious to what he's on about. And let's be honest, that's all is really needed. Because the phone's efficiency, speaks for itself.

:-)
    Last edited by Shadowyugi; 07-21-14 at 05:52 AM.
    07-21-14 05:16 AM
    Spot on!

http:// About.me/ForrestBivens
    07-21-14 07:34 AM
    At least he didn't say the guy's momma is cheap and a novelty :-)

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    And I never will XD
    I feel when you engage in personal attacks like that you lose all credibility. My comparisons were just what they were comparisons using the writers own analogy lol.
    As to the cost of aluminum a pound (16oz) is a little over 9 dollars. But think of it this way companies only use materials when they can make a product out of it cheaply and quickly not to mention a good markup. Anyone who thinks the iPhone costs over $250 to make is kidding themselves. Even on the low end model they're doubling their money.

"I love when people boast about their phones...like its a pissing contest"
    07-21-14 08:14 AM
    I attended a Samsung KNOX presentation a while back, the presenter compared Galaxy S5 with BlackBerry OS devices.

If there's anything wrong with the media, is that they don't know BlackBerry 10 is good and "modern". BlackBerry really, REALLY needs advertising to survive in consumer area.

The one problem for BlackBerry 10 right now is only 1: lack of apps. Enterprise grade security can only hold BlackBerry for so long: Apple is very good at pushing people to upgrade to the latest OS, they practically can re-invent the iOS after buying another company and everyone would not be any wiser, and if that happens iOS has plenty more enterprise-useful apps on the platform.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-21-14 08:21 AM
    I attended a Samsung KNOX presentation a while back, the presenter compared Galaxy S5 with BlackBerry OS devices.

If there's anything wrong with the media, is that they don't know BlackBerry 10 is good and "modern". BlackBerry really, REALLY needs advertising to survive in consumer area.

The one problem for BlackBerry 10 right now is only 1: lack of apps. Enterprise grade security can only hold BlackBerry for so long: Apple is very good at pushing people to upgrade to the latest OS, they practically can re-invent the iOS after buying another company and everyone would not be any wiser, and if that happens iOS has plenty more enterprise-useful apps on the platform.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    I tend to agree: the app issue is BB10's biggest drawback right now.
    07-21-14 08:27 AM
    I concur with the sentiment of the article. I've thought about getting a Q10 on the side alongside my Nexus 4 cause i love the hardware.. but i can never justify it. While bb10 isnt awful, and while not very mature, things like apps are a huge problem. i mean really, other than to enjoy holding the phone itself and maybe getting satisfaction from typing on the keyboard, whats the point? 99% of people do much more than just email and browsing the internet. Even at that, bb10 isnt even top dog with Chrome on android and ios, and official email apps like gmail, yahoo, outlook etc. At best it competes with the basic, general email app.. and so what if it does. If presented with an option to buy two phones at the same price, why even consider going for the one with obvious less potential?
    We do a lot more than email and browsing buddy.

The official email apps are garbage as far as I can tell on my Moto X, the HUB is much more than a basic email app.

The BlackBerry stock browser works fast and does the job well, no need for chrome but if I wanted to, I could run chrome.

It's called the android run-time.

#BBFactcheck

Posted via CB10 Right on Cue
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-21-14 10:54 AM
432 ... 7891011 ...