07-31-14 09:03 PM
432 ... 23456 ...
tools
    How did he get to write an article about BlackBerry, but never even touched BB10?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 02:43 PM
    I'm going to run out and buy a passport just to **** him off.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 02:45 PM
    No need to get over the top with someone who you have no relationship with. Buy it because you like the device.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 02:48 PM
    07-19-14 02:52 PM
    link not working for me
    07-19-14 02:55 PM
    Why You Should Not Buy a BlackBerry Phone | Digital Trends
    That's the other article that advises readers not to buy blackberrys. Both are two of the most anti-Blackberry articles I've read. So my conclusion is that these are click-bait articles.
    07-19-14 03:01 PM
    Why You Should Not Buy a BlackBerry Phone | Digital Trends
    That's the other article that advises readers not to buy blackberrys. Both are two of the most anti-Blackberry articles I've read. So my conclusion is that these are click-bait articles.
    That's an old article.
    07-19-14 03:15 PM
    Some people will never get it. I have an iPad Air and hitting the home button to switch apps feels clumsier than ever on that big thing. iOS is simple and some find it beautiful. It's hardly innovative, and multitasking and getting around the OS isn't a nice experience.
    Not an iOS user, but even I know that you can simply 5-finger swipe to switch apps on an iPad - no Home button needed.
    avt123 and JeepBB like this.
    07-19-14 03:20 PM
    Listening to music on an iPhone is a pain in the rear - It pauses YouTube music when replying an sms.
    Not the iPhone's fault (or Android's) - the YouTube app on both platforms was specifically written NOT to play music in the background. Other music apps have no issues doing so on either platform. If Google made a BB10 YouTube app, it would behave the same way.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-19-14 03:22 PM
    I don't think that some people understand why playing music videos in the background is not high on most folks multitasking bucket lists LOL.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    07-19-14 03:26 PM
    The frightening thing about all this is that many people will actually believe it... most do not research and only want their opinnions re-enforced... or worse.... it was on the tech site so it must be true.....this is what BB will be up against for a long while....
    07-19-14 04:07 PM
    Leaving iOS for BB10 is like ditching your perfectly functional screwdriver, which can screw everything reliably, 100% of the time, for a powerdrill which, with a little bit of set-up and general know-how, kicks the screwdriver's ASH.
    07-19-14 04:23 PM
    That's why I think the Passport is a risky device...a device like that could either be a savior in some sense or absolutely dig the company's grave. I think a REALLY high end touch would have been a better option.

I'm not a fan of the Passport, and I'm afraid the media won't be either. And I'm afraid they'll mock the buttons on the Classic. These were risky devices to pump out, especially with no flagship touch on the horizon
    Everything I would have said has been stated, and very well, right here.
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-19-14 04:47 PM
    Not the iPhone's fault (or Android's) - the YouTube app on both platforms was specifically written NOT to play music in the background. Other music apps have no issues doing so on either platform. If Google made a BB10 YouTube app, it would behave the same way.
    Yes but there's no YouTube app on BlackBerry.. at least not an official one. So are you saying if I pulled a YouTube video on safari it should keep playing when I switch out of it since it's not coded by Google

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 05:25 PM
    Yes but there's no YouTube app on BlackBerry.. at least not an official one. So are you saying if I pulled a YouTube video on safari it should keep playing when I switch out of it since it's not coded by Google

Posted via CB10
    Safari will stop playing the video. This is most likely because Safari is treating youtube for what it is, a video player. If you switch apps, you are no longer watching the video, so why have it open? Yes there is the argument for listening to music on youtube and that is understandable (for those who actually use youtube to listen to music).

I personally have no problems with it because I never use youtube to listen to music. I have Spotify, Pandora, and the music that is on my device storage.
    07-19-14 05:46 PM
    I remember going from a bold to an iPhone 4 and it was the biggest step backwards ever. Like going from a jet plane to carrier pigeon.. But the pigeon could have at least carried multiple attachments to messages.....
    Yes, but the pigeon can be shot or fly into the engines of the plane....
    07-19-14 05:48 PM
    This guy is a sophomoric cretin, at best.
    The entire article reads like a trolling job in a teenage chatroom.
    The venom that dribbles all over every line makes me wonder if he wasn't dumped by a woman who works for Blackberry: The vitriol makes it sound way too personal.
    Credibility: ZERO.
    wincyUt and CerveloJohn like this.
    07-19-14 06:04 PM
    This guy is a sophomoric cretin, at best.
    The entire article reads like a trolling job in a teenage chatroom.
    The venom that dribbles all over every line makes me wonder if he wasn't dumped by a woman who works for Blackberry: The vitriol makes it sound way too personal.
    Credibility: ZERO.
    LOL. Speaking of venom...
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-19-14 06:24 PM
    This MF'er????????

Don?t be fooled by nostalgia: Running back to BlackBerry is still a mistake

Read more: Leaving iOS for BlackBerry is Like Selling a Car to Buy a Horse | Digital Trends
    I read some of the replies. This dude got bent over and sodomized by readers. It's quite funny, really.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    07-19-14 06:34 PM
    This guy seems like desperate for some activity on his pathetic blog and he thought to say something stupid to get people kicking his **** for it

Please join my photography channel
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-19-14 06:34 PM
    Still, I think what Bla1ze is asking for is a bit of maturity.
    Exactly. Name calling and insults do nothing. Make great, valid arguments and change the conversation. Get people interested in what you have to say. You don't need to hurl verbal diarrhea to do that. In no way defending his article, I just think there's better ways to disagree. Ways that can help. *shrug*
    07-19-14 06:50 PM
    This article was very sad to see, I can understand why some like their brand of smartphone exclusively. I cannot however understand why someone would hate another brand that they don't use to such a degree that they are going to go public with it in this fashion. Generally when people speak persuasively with such passion it is reserved for issues of importance for example; politics and or religious debates/exchanges.
    07-19-14 07:24 PM
    Safari will stop playing the video. This is most likely because Safari is treating youtube for what it is, a video player. If you switch apps, you are no longer watching the video, so why have it open? Yes there is the argument for listening to music on youtube and that is understandable (for those who actually use youtube to listen to music).

I personally have no problems with it because I never use youtube to listen to music. I have Spotify, Pandora, and the music that is on my device storage.
    Well not just music. Any sort of media not present on your phone really. For example the past worldcup... I could be streaming it on my z10.. minimize go on twitter and argue for a while. text my buddy about the game and still not miss an action.

At this point we can't keep playing it down. The point is multitasking is whack on that thing IMO... especially since I used it for 3 years before moving here.

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    07-19-14 07:27 PM

Well, that's great that you don't personally use it for that. Neither do I, but I recognize that a lot of people do use it for that. Which kind of explains the whole "playlist" feature of youtube...
    07-19-14 07:41 PM
    Well not just music. Any sort of media not present on your phone really. For example the past worldcup... I could be streaming it on my z10.. minimize go on twitter and argue for a while. text my buddy about the game and still not miss an action.

At this point we can't keep playing it down. The point is multitasking is whack on that thing IMO... especially since I used it for 3 years before moving here.

Posted via CB10
    Not a bad feature to have, but until folks demonstrate an appreciation for a feature, a manufacturer probably won't feel pressed to add it.

Besides, I do believe there are ways to play YouTube videos in the background on both Android and iOS 7 if one really wants to.
    07-19-14 07:42 PM
432 ... 23456 ...