07-31-14 09:03 PM
432 ... 161718
tools
    You don't really believe that last sentence, do you? Blackberry suddenly being "cool" again (whatever that means) is not going to offset the significant app disparity between BB10 and iOS/Android. The developers go where the users are and the users go with what they know. Android and iOS are so ubiquitous these days that someone trying to pick up and use a gesture based OS like BB 10 is going to have a problem. It also doesn't help that you can hardly find Blackberry devices in stores these days. Went into my local Best Buy and AT&T Store the other day and had a notion to look and see what BB devices they carried. Best Buy didn't have a single phone available on any carrier and AT&T had a Z10 off in the corner.

No apps, no exposure.....not a good indicator that there's going to be a dramatic turn around.
    All it takes is one innovation to get people's attention. In 2007, that innovation came from Apple in the form a full touch screen phone. No one knows what the future holds and what BB can produce (or another vendor for that matter) to steal Apple's cool. No one stays on top forever.
    afhstingray likes this.
    07-31-14 06:13 PM
    I think many members here have some kind of conflict with themselves because they are having a hard time understanding that BlackBerry as we know it, it's dead.

Posted via CB10
    ???
    07-31-14 06:13 PM
    I think many members here have some kind of conflict with themselves because they are having a hard time understanding that BlackBerry as we know it, it's dead.

Posted via CB10
    So why are you here? X,'D kinda ***** post to make isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 06:22 PM
    You don't really believe that last sentence, do you? Blackberry suddenly being "cool" again (whatever that means) is not going to offset the significant app disparity between BB10 and iOS/Android. The developers go where the users are and the users go with what they know. Android and iOS are so ubiquitous these days that someone trying to pick up and use a gesture based OS like BB 10 is going to have a problem. It also doesn't help that you can hardly find Blackberry devices in stores these days. Went into my local Best Buy and AT&T Store the other day and had a notion to look and see what BB devices they carried. Best Buy didn't have a single phone available on any carrier and AT&T had a Z10 off in the corner.

No apps, no exposure.....not a good indicator that there's going to be a dramatic turn around.
    Actually I've been lucky to be using Android phones lately that have not been bloated with touch wiz and I got my eyes on them (Sony and lg).. anyways those phones do use gestures a lot actually. It's just not the major way of navigation. Ios does include some basic gestures for these people, bb10 would just be a continuation, only thing is there are no directional buttons now. For example on androids and ios, flicking app windows up or sideways closes it. On bb, flicking it up minimizes and then you can close. NBD.

Also you didn't actually touch on his point. Can BlackBerry do what iPhones and androids are doing? YES.. and by that I mean if developer Y decided to build a bb10 app that complements his ios and android app, can he do it? I think so. Is there money for him right now in bb10? No.

it's all about potential audience not ability

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 06:27 PM
    So why are you here? X,'D kinda ***** post to make isn't it?

Posted via CB10
    Says the one who labels others' opinions as "retardness in one post" when they're mostly right.

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    07-31-14 08:05 PM
    Says the one who labels others' opinions as "retardness in one post" when they're mostly right.

Posted via CB10
    It's an opinion backed by no piece of fact so they can't be right. On the other hand here's what we have
    1. You believe a company is dead.
    2. You frequent a forum dedicated to fans of such dead company.

By deductive reasoning
    1. Company either isn't dead or
    2. There are no BlackBerry fans here.

Go ahead. Try and figure which one it is

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 08:12 PM
    Once again members have resorted to name calling and insult trading. Thread closed before it earns more warnings and infractions.
    07-31-14 09:03 PM
432 ... 161718