07-31-14 09:03 PM
432 ... 15161718
tools
    And yet, none of the people I've asked have ever tried one. So how are they supposed to know how "functional" one is or not?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10

A new local restaurant opened a few weeks ago, me and my wife decided to go try it. We went on a Friday at 7PM and there were only six cars in a parking lot they could hold 40.... I didn't have to try it to know that eating there would not be a good idea for us. It closed about a month later.

BB10 launched, the Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30 and Z3 have all come.... Don't think the guy on the street really needs to try a BlackBerry to really know if he wants one. Sure many of use really love some of the communications features. But BB10 is like living in Florida and buying a cool sports car that doesn't come with Air Conditioning. It fits it's niche, but for most it isn't an everyday "ride".
    07-30-14 03:16 PM
    Why would they need to if what they have works?
    These are people who were deciding on what smartphone to get as their first smartphone. I get asked about tech stuff by pretty much every one in my group of friends. And basically most of them have no preference other than "not BlackBerry" because it is "uncool."

07-30-14 03:42 PM
    A new local restaurant opened a few weeks ago, me and my wife decided to go try it. We went on a Friday at 7PM and there were only six cars in a parking lot they could hold 40.... I didn't have to try it to know that eating there would not be a good idea for us. It closed about a month later.

BB10 launched, the Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30 and Z3 have all come.... Don't think the guy on the street really needs to try a BlackBerry to really know if he wants one. Sure many of use really love some of the communications features. But BB10 is like living in Florida and buying a cool sports car that doesn't come with Air Conditioning. It fits it's niche, but for most it isn't an everyday "ride".
    Yes, because when Android launched, it was already the majority. Heck, I'm sure when Apple launched they already had a following... Going by what others consider cool is about the dumbest thing you can do. I've tried and used every platform. I picked a Q10 because it was the best for my uses. Not because of any brand loyalty. Brand loyalty is for the weak, I go with what works best for me. Unfortunately that's not the popular point of view today...

Edit: And what a bad analogy. A/C in a vehicle in Florida is a necessity. It might be a luxury everywhere else, but it's pretty much a necessity in South Florida. Tell me, what "necessary" function is missing from BB10 phones that Apple and Android has.

lift and spikesolie like this.
    07-30-14 03:45 PM

How can you say the guy on the street doesn't need to try a BlackBerry to know they don't want to use it? Just about every person on this forum has been rightfully saying that you can't complain about a device if you have not used it. I think you have said it yourself. Now you're saying people on the street are different today for some reason.
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-30-14 05:06 PM
    How can you say the guy on the street doesn't need to try a BlackBerry to know they don't want to use it? Just about every person on this forum has been rightfully saying that you can't complain about a device if you have not used it. I think you have said it yourself. Now you're saying people on the street are different today for some reason.
    People on this forum say that about BlackBerry. They say it because it is an excuse for why people don't like BlackBerry and are using iPhone and Android devices.

PS I don't need to drive a Morris Marina to know I don't want one.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-30-14 05:34 PM
    People on this forum say that about BlackBerry. They say it because it is an excuse for why people don't like BlackBerry and are using iPhone and Android devices.

PS I don't need to drive a Morris Marina to know I don't want one.

I can't speak for every one, but I am in no way claiming that if they try one they would want one. Heck, even I don't recommend BB to every one. There are plenty of people after speaking to them I decide that an Android or iPhone is best for that individual. Every one is different, no matter how hard every one tries to be the same now. The point I am making is that there isn't anything inherently "wrong" or "missing" from a BB10 that automatically makes it "not worthy" for so many people. The internal specs are a bit out-dated now, but it's pretty much a Galaxy S3 and there are plenty of people who are perfectly content with a S3. Sure it doesn't have all of the apps, but from speaking to a lot of people, not a whole lot of people have a huge list of "required" apps. Even though they went with Android or iPhone, there are at least a dozen friends I have that literally use their phones just to make phone calls, send and receive texts, and occasionally browse the internet on their mobile browser. Heck, a good percentage of them don't even have as much as an email account set up on their phones... So I have yet to see what it is they do with their phones that they wouldn't have been able to do with a Z30, Q10, or any BB10 device for that matter. And again, if you would ask why they wouldn't consider a BB10 device, not a single one of them would list an actual technical reason. None of them have tried one, ever.

It's funny that some people don't even recognize my phone despite the keyboard, they watch me wiz around the apps and the hub and they ask me "wow, what kind of phone is that?" But of course their attitude changes the moment I say it's a BlackBerry. Had I said it was the new Samsung they would probably want one...

Paintman321 and spikesolie like this.
    07-30-14 07:49 PM
    Lol hows this still a thread!?.

Posted via CB10
    Crackberrians are overly-passionate people.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-30-14 08:56 PM
    And yet, none of the people I've asked have ever tried one. So how are they supposed to know how "functional" one is or not?

Who cares about other people??! Are you trying to win a personal contest or something? You've lost all rationale.. Almost everyone here has. Unless you're a shareholder, which of course I doubt cause you'd be part of some whacko minority.

For the record, people don't necessarily have to try BB10. For 99.99999% of people, one look at "BlackBerry World" is all they need. Also, BB10 is young and unproven, so it's VERY easy to just overlook. People want tried and true. BB10 still isn't mature anyway. I guarantee you that if more people give it a shot, you'll see a proportional increase of returns before the 14 day window expires.

Look man, most people don't want a BlackBerry, and it has nothing to do with being "cool". BlackBerry WAS "cool" in 2006 and everyone wanted one. Problem is, BB lost their own cool. The market spoke.. The market is not unfair. It asked for things and things got delivered....... Just not from BB they didn't.

You like your BB? Fine... Let others enjoy what they have too.

Crackberry forums are ridiculously dramatic... There will be no resurrection of BB. They lost and have no way to return.. Just accept it already and enjoy your devices and talk about them and help people with them.. That's what I come here hoping to talk about. I don't own one anymore (well, I have a 9320 gathering dust somewhere as a backup) but I've had numerous. Where's the friendly discussion? So fed up of the drama and all the scum on these forums. My god... Just stop hoping for a return of BB cause 99% of people are 99% sure it's never gonna happen. That's life! End your miseries people and stop hoping and start living

Last edited by agp101; 07-30-14 at 09:19 PM.
    07-30-14 09:01 PM
    [WARN]Discuss the topic of the thread, not each other.[/WARN]
    07-30-14 09:54 PM
    Because nobody wants them! OK, not nobody. Let's say a very small niche.

No, not because nobody wants them, but because the option to have them down exist at all.

If all you offer to your friends is waffle and you conclude that all of them definitely only want waffle, you certainly did not just make a scientific conclusion

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-30-14 10:57 PM

Blackberry is not an aspirational brand. This is the crux of the issue. The phone can do everything ios and android can do. Saying that it is like a sports car in Florida without AC is misleading. If BlackBerry can find a way to be cool again then the app and services or lack thereof) won't matter.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 12:05 AM
    Who cares about other people??! Are you trying to win a personal contest or something? You've lost all rationale.. Almost everyone here has. Unless you're a shareholder, which of course I doubt cause you'd be part of some whacko minority.

For the record, people don't necessarily have to try BB10. For 99.99999% of people, one look at "BlackBerry World" is all they need. Also, BB10 is young and unproven, so it's VERY easy to just overlook. People want tried and true. BB10 still isn't mature anyway. I guarantee you that if more people give it a shot, you'll see a proportional increase of returns before the 14 day window expires.

Look man, most people don't want a BlackBerry, and it has nothing to do with being "cool". BlackBerry WAS "cool" in 2006 and everyone wanted one. Problem is, BB lost their own cool. The market spoke.. The market is not unfair. It asked for things and things got delivered....... Just not from BB they didn't.

Crackberry forums are ridiculously dramatic... There will be no resurrection of BB. They lost and have no way to return.. Just accept it already and enjoy your devices and talk about them and help people with them.. That's what I come here hoping to talk about. I don't own one anymore (well, I have a 9320 gathering dust somewhere as a backup) but I've had numerous. Where's the friendly discussion? So fed up of the drama and all the scum on these forums. My god... Just stop hoping for a return of BB cause 99% of people are 99% sure it's never gonna happen. That's life! End your miseries people and stop hoping and start living

So much blah blah blah. Sorry you've wasted your typing, because you don't even understand the point of why I said what I did. So once that was clear, scrolling was what followed. Hopefully someone cares to read your rambling though so you wouldn't have typed it for nothing... :-)

spikesolie likes this.
    07-31-14 01:52 AM
    Blackberry is not an aspirational brand. This is the crux of the issue. The phone can do everything ios and android can do. Saying that it is like a sports car in Florida without AC is misleading. If BlackBerry can find a way to be cool again then the app and services or lack thereof) won't matter.

Posted via CB10
    Apps follow the sales of devices. If BB can get themselves to be considered "cool" again, people will buy them, and the apps will be made for it...

LuvULongTime likes this.
    07-31-14 01:53 AM
    So much blah blah blah. Sorry you've wasted your typing, because you don't even understand the point of why I said what I did. So once that was clear, scrolling was what followed. Hopefully someone cares to read your rambling though so you wouldn't have typed it for nothing... :-)

Hard to be objective when you choose not to hear all sides of an argument, especially the one that is most difficult to hear.

07-31-14 06:13 AM
    Apps follow the sales of devices. If BB can get themselves to be considered "cool" again, people will buy them, and the apps will be made for it...

Again, maybe you should read that post of mine. I don't think you've been or have been following BlackBerry long enough to realize just how much they really messed up and failed to transition to modern smartphones when all the signs were right there in front of em.

BBOS is a sad disgrace in this day and age and the fact that it was their only option until early summer of last year should be a huge red flag not to invest, investors and consumers alike. Well, that's actually exactly what happened.

It's no mystery why BB is where they are today. Again, the sooner you realize that, the sooner you free yourself from all this unnecessary drama. What happened since 2007 (when the iPhone came out) is very well documented. Real life business happened.

It's sad that a friend of mine just got a 9900 cause he likes the device itself, yet can't have any email on it or even receive an MMS message because he doesn't have a data plan (bis) yet has MMS included in his plan. He doesn't want to pay extra for data and he shouldn't have to if he doesn't want to. He wanted the Q10 because I assured him it does all that stuff without a data plan, plus if he ever DOES get one it's transferrable to other devices (whereas is bis is not and vice versa). Again, this BBOS was their flagship UNTIL LAST YEAR!!!!

Why he wants and sticks to BB I don't know.. But this is the reality of the situation.

And now I'm pretty angry that I DID have to elaborate for you and waste my time, doing your homework for you. Shudda just let you keep your blinders on. So much easier that way. I have nothing to gain and you everything to lose. So I question why I wrote this post.

Bottom line: facts are facts and Blackberry screwed up big time, and anyone defending what they did is a coward.

07-31-14 06:27 AM

So much retardedness in one post. Calling forumers scums then asking for a friendly discussion... throwing random percentages to make yourself sound more intelligent.. Idk waste of time

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-31-14 02:08 PM
    So much retardedness in one post. Calling forumers scums then asking for a friendly discussion... throwing random percentages to make yourself sound more intelligent.. Idk waste of time

Posted via CB10
    The 99% number is pretty accurate when it comes down to people not having bought a BlackBerry in 2013.

It's also, pretty accurate to say, that a comeback won't happen.
    At least not in the order of magnitude some in here expect.

And the article this thread is about, is very probably accurate, in terms of the premise.
    Nostalgia just isn't enough to justify the purchase of a BlackBerry. At least not for the vast majority of people out there.

Let's hope the Passport changes that (which I doubt, because the masses don't like keyboards).

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    07-31-14 02:45 PM
    Hard to be objective when you choose not to hear all sides of an argument, especially the one that is most difficult to hear.

Nothing to do with that. You are addressing a point I never made. You do not understand why I made that statement. So your "point" is irrelevant to what I'm saying. If you actually were giving me an actual counter to my point, I'd gladly read it. :-)

07-31-14 03:19 PM
    Again, maybe you should read that post of mine. I don't think you've been or have been following BlackBerry long enough to realize just how much they really messed up and failed to transition to modern smartphones when all the signs were right there in front of em.

BBOS is a sad disgrace in this day and age and the fact that it was their only option until early summer of last year should be a huge red flag not to invest, investors and consumers alike. Well, that's actually exactly what happened.

It's no mystery why BB is where they are today. Again, the sooner you realize that, the sooner you free yourself from all this unnecessary drama. What happened since 2007 (when the iPhone came out) is very well documented. Real life business happened.

It's sad that a friend of mine just got a 9900 cause he likes the device itself, yet can't have any email on it or even receive an MMS message because he doesn't have a data plan (bis) yet has MMS included in his plan. He doesn't want to pay extra for data and he shouldn't have to if he doesn't want to. He wanted the Q10 because I assured him it does all that stuff without a data plan, plus if he ever DOES get one it's transferrable to other devices (whereas is bis is not and vice versa). Again, this BBOS was their flagship UNTIL LAST YEAR!!!!

Why he wants and sticks to BB I don't know.. But this is the reality of the situation.

And now I'm pretty angry that I DID have to elaborate for you and waste my time, doing your homework for you. Shudda just let you keep your blinders on. So much easier that way. I have nothing to gain and you everything to lose. So I question why I wrote this post.

Bottom line: facts are facts and Blackberry screwed up big time, and anyone defending what they did is a coward.

Wow, you are really good at this not getting the point game huh? When did I mention anything about BBOS or BB's history? I merely made a factual statement about how apps are not made because the platform is not popular. When did I make any speculation over why they are or are not popular? So again. I hope someone reads the rest of your rant...

07-31-14 03:22 PM

And sales of devices follow the already existing number of apps.
    You see the problem with your thesis?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 03:40 PM
    The 99% number is pretty accurate when it comes down to people not having bought a BlackBerry in 2013.

It's also, pretty accurate to say, that a comeback won't happen.
    At least not in the order of magnitude some in here expect.

And the article this thread is about, is very probably accurate, in terms of the premise.
    Nostalgia just isn't enough to justify the purchase of a BlackBerry. At least not for the vast majority of people out there.

Let's hope the Passport changes that (which I doubt, because the masses don't like keyboards).

Posted via CB10
    First of all I disagree. Just because the market says BlackBerry has 1% doesn't mean that for example other platform user are 99% sure they don't want a BlackBerry. We are ignoring the fact that BlackBerry has not been good with marketing and thus you do see people occasionally not knowing there's even a new BlackBerry. How can you be sure you don't want something you have no knowledge of it's existence?

Secondly let's move to the people who don't want bb10. For some people all it takes is 1 thing that BlackBerry provides and they'll be back. Whether it's apps or flexible customization or even better aesthetics or a flagship touchscreen. . I think you get what I'm aiming at...

Finally about your last point. I disagree. Never say never. For all you know, BlackBerry can come up with something new and crazy that will entice customers again. It's the number 1 rule of life : don't try and predict something that's not a fact. Is it probable? NO. But it's silly and unreasonable to make such a futuristic claim UNTIL BlackBerry DIES COMPLETELY..

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 03:50 PM
    First of all I disagree. Just because the market says BlackBerry has 1% doesn't mean that for example other platform user are 99% sure they don't want a BlackBerry. We are ignoring the fact that BlackBerry has not been good with marketing and thus you do see people occasionally not knowing there's even a new BlackBerry. How can you be sure you don't want something you have no knowledge of it's existence?

Secondly let's move to the people who don't want bb10. For some people all it takes is 1 thing that BlackBerry provides and they'll be back. Whether it's apps or flexible customization or even better aesthetics or a flagship touchscreen. . I think you get what I'm aiming at... for example I used my friends Sony z device yesterday and was amazed by how fast and cool looking the UI was that now I'm contemplating if I need a new phone I'd get an android. There was a wee problem, THE HUB. I'd still most likely make the switch if I could but I'd miss it. So let's say later BlackBerry launches an even more stunning UI, chances are I'd be back.
    Finally about your last point. I disagree. Never say never. For all you know, BlackBerry can come up with something new and crazy that will entice customers again. It's the number 1 rule of life : don't try and predict something that's not a fact. Is it probable? NO. But it's silly and unreasonable to make such a futuristic claim UNTIL BlackBerry DIES COMPLETELY..

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 03:52 PM
    And sales of devices follow the already existing number of apps.
    You see the problem with your thesis?

Posted via CB10
    And this is where Amazon comes in. It's more about changing perception and giving reviewers/consumers one extra thing to like when reviewing/looking at the new phones. Now they will at least be happy that they have a native instagram client (igrann), candy crush, netflix, skype, and who knows what else available via amazon. Sure Google's services won't be there (maps, etc) but it is at least one positive step in the right direction.
    07-31-14 03:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    You don't really believe that last sentence, do you? Blackberry suddenly being "cool" again (whatever that means) is not going to offset the significant app disparity between BB10 and iOS/Android. The developers go where the users are and the users go with what they know. Android and iOS are so ubiquitous these days that someone trying to pick up and use a gesture based OS like BB 10 is going to have a problem. It also doesn't help that you can hardly find Blackberry devices in stores these days. Went into my local Best Buy and AT&T Store the other day and had a notion to look and see what BB devices they carried. Best Buy didn't have a single phone available on any carrier and AT&T had a Z10 off in the corner.

No apps, no exposure.....not a good indicator that there's going to be a dramatic turn around.
    07-31-14 04:03 PM
    I think many members here have some kind of conflict with themselves because they are having a hard time understanding that BlackBerry as we know it, it's dead.

Posted via CB10
    agp101, afhstingray and BB_Junky like this.
    07-31-14 04:41 PM
432 ... 15161718