07-31-14 10:03 PM
432 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Z3/Z3 LTE

vs

Passport
    Classic

Copy and pasted from my original reply to you: "And even if you want to clump the Z3 and Z3 LTE together, that's still one ONE more keyboard device. Whoopdy doo..."
    OK, so we've now realized that there is already one more keyboard phone released then there is touch device.

Now remind me, how many future touch devices has Chen announced? And did Chen say he would be focusing on touch or keyboards?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-26-14 10:17 AM
    OK, so we've now realized that there is already one more keyboard phone released then there is touch device.

Now remind me, how many future touch devices has Chen announced? And did Chen say he would be focusing on touch or keyboards?

I don't ever remembering Chen saying he would be focusing on keyboard phones. What I do remember him saying was that they would be offering keyboard phones for their customers that are QWERTY aficionados. These statements were made to pump up the eventual release of the Classic and Passport as they were next on the roadmap. I don't ever remember him saying that he would abandon the all touch segment. The Z30 may be long in the tooth specs wise, but it is only 9 months old. I'm sure we will see a new all touch flagship in Q1 of calendar year 2015, putting us at just over a year from the Z30 launch which is very reasonable timing IMO.
    07-26-14 11:47 AM
    The problem with not having a Z30 successor by now, is that it may only be 9 months old.
    BlackBerry has no touchscreen flagship device...

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 12:16 PM
    I really don't get what you mean.
    This seems like a theme...

Again, just continue with your point, don't mind me... ;-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-26-14 12:35 PM

Really? That's what we're all getting worked up over? Unless two phones get released simultaneously, there will always be one form factor that will have at least one more than the other at some given point in time.

So if they release a high-end all-touch after the Classic, we'll all be happy. Then they release another high-end all-touch, so all of us keyboard lovers should complain? Then they release a keyboard device, we all are happy. Then another keyboard device so now all-touch fans should complain?

Come on now, just relax and see what is coming out next year before you get your undies all in a bunch...

07-26-14 12:40 PM
    Come on now, just relax and see what is coming out next year before you get your undies all in a bunch...

Next year. This is exactly why I left BB a year ago. And I still don't regret it. My head is going to explode if I hear that line being repeated again. Are people still that naive?

Posted via CrackBerry App
    afhstingray likes this.
    07-26-14 12:57 PM
    See I think your problem is that you have decided BlackBerry is the best and are searching for a reason people aren't buying it. Maybe consider that BlackBerry isn't the best. At least not to everyone who isn't a die hard BlackBerry fan.

BlackBerry is good, but they aren't the best. Sorry.

BlackBerry is the best. I've tried them all, apple, android, windows, plane Jane. BlackBerry won.... sorry... lol

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 01:13 PM
    The problem with not having a Z30 successor by now, is that it may only be 9 months old.
    BlackBerry has no touchscreen flagship device...

Posted via CB10
    I have a z30 and it works flawlessly. Had I had an android or an iPhone by this time it would be running slow and start getting buggy. Not my trusty BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 01:15 PM
    BlackBerry is the best. I've tried them all, apple, android, windows, plane Jane. BlackBerry won.... sorry... lol

Posted via CB10
    Yes. For you. BBRY just needs a few more folks.
    07-26-14 01:18 PM
    Next year. This is exactly why I left BB a year ago. And I still don't regret it. My head is going to explode if I hear that line being repeated again. Are people still that naive?

I understand what you mean.
    Customers have needs/desires that they want to get satisfied in the now, not in the future.
    Even more so if the competition provides them with similar products, that are already available.

Last year I waited for a flagship already, but the Z30 wasn't it. The competition had FAR BETTER specs for a better price.
    9 months after the Z30 I am still waiting....

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 01:24 PM
    Yes. For you. BBRY just needs a few more folks.
    For you too if you give it half a chance. Best OS out

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 01:24 PM

Thanks for taking the comment out of context. I'm just telling him that because he doesn't like the devices already announced for the rest of this year. It's not like they are not releasing anything until next year. There are plenty of people interested in the Passport (not me) that's coming out soon, and there are people interested in the Classic (like me) that is also coming out in a few months. I personally like the shortcuts, the speed dialing, and other benefits of the keyboard too much to jump on the touchscreens must be cooler bandwagon, so I guess I'll be "naive" and stick with BB as long as they make well-made keyboard devices...
    07-26-14 01:25 PM
    I understand what you mean.
    Customers have needs/desires that they want to get satisfied in the now, not in the future.
    Even more so if the competition provides them with similar products, that are already available.

Last year I waited for a flagship already, but the Z30 wasn't it. The competition had FAR BETTER specs for a better price.
    9 months after the Z30 I am still waiting....

Posted via CB10
    The Q10 wasn't top-of-the-line either when it came out, and neither was any of the other keyboard devices. So a year and a quarter after the Q10 I am still waiting...

You see, regardless of what they release, someone will complain. If they are releasing a high-end all-touch instead of keyboard, then I won't be happy. But of course, right now the "cool" bandwagon is with the all-touches so I agree that he would have pleased more of the people riding that with the all-touch, but too bad nobody outside of the CB community would have even noticed it had it been just another glass slab... At least the Passport is different enough from everything that it has drawn attention even from dissenters...
    07-26-14 01:30 PM
    I have a z30 and it works flawlessly. Had I had an android or an iPhone by this time it would be running slow and start getting buggy. Not my trusty BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I won't even bother to tell you how wrong that assertion is, but it's beside the point I was making.

I never said that the Z30 doesn't work well. Or that it's a bad phone.
    It's a mid-range device since its launch and that's my problem with it.
    I am not upgrading from a Z10 to another midrange device...

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 01:31 PM
    For you too if you give it half a chance. Best OS out
    Nothing is wrong with the OS. Far from it.
    07-26-14 01:33 PM
    The Q10 wasn't top-of-the-line either when it came out, and neither was any of the other keyboard devices. So a year and a quarter after the Q10 I am still waiting...

You see, regardless of what they release, someone will complain. If they are releasing a high-end all-touch instead of keyboard, then I won't be happy. But of course, right now the "cool" bandwagon is with the all-touches so I agree that he would have pleased more of the people riding that with the all-touch, but too bad nobody outside of the CB community would have even noticed it had it been just another glass slab... At least the Passport is different enough from everything that it has drawn attention even from dissenters...
    I am not criticising the decision to launch the Passport.
    What bothers me is that there is still no touch flagship, since BB10 launched.
    The Z10, relatively to the competition was better than the Z30 spec wise, but still a mid-range device.

Apart from that, over 99% of smartphones sold are touch only devices. Not having a flagship for that market borders on insanity.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 01:47 PM
    Let me remind everyone. Take a deep breath

[TIP]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and dont get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If youre on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they wont be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/TIP]
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-26-14 01:53 PM
    That article is amusing to read. His dislike for BlackBerry is evident which is why I find it amusing. Har har har what a joke.

via Q10
    07-26-14 02:04 PM
    That article is amusing to read. His dislike for BlackBerry is evident which is why I find it amusing. Har har har what a joke.

via Q10
    Obvious to you, and maybe many other BlackBerry faithful. Not obvious to me.

He is of the opinion that it isn't worth running back to BlackBerry, yet. I don't know why that means he dislikes BlackBerry. I don't think so either, and I don't dislike BlackBerry.

07-26-14 02:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, my 5S works just as fast if not faster than it did on launch day (coming up on a year in two months). The device is ten months old. I've had every iPhone besides the original, 4S and 5, and that never happened to any of them. Nothing "buggy" or running slow. I have a Galaxy Nexus that launched in December of 2011 (for VZW) and it's not slow or buggy. My friend finally upgraded his Moto DROID (the original) and it worked perfectly up until the day he traded it in.

My Z10 isn't slow or buggy either. I haven't had a device become slow or buggy (because of its age) for years.
    07-26-14 06:37 PM
    Hmm, my 5S works just as fast if not faster than it did on launch day (coming up on a year in two months). The device is ten months old. I've had every iPhone besides the original, 4S and 5, and that never happened to any of them. Nothing "buggy" or running slow. I have a Galaxy Nexus that launched in December of 2011 (for VZW) and it's not slow or buggy. My friend finally upgraded his Moto DROID (the original) and it worked perfectly up until the day he traded it in.

My Z10 isn't slow or buggy either. I haven't had a device become slow or buggy (because of its age) for years.

How can your device work faster now than it did at launch? Tell me this amazing trick so I can go and apply it to my 4s that I dumped as well as my laptop I'm about to replace

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 06:44 PM
    How can your device work faster now than it did at launch? Tell me this amazing trick so I can go and apply it to my 4s that I dumped as well as my laptop I'm about to replace

Posted via CB10
    software updates....
    MarsupilamiX and avt123 like this.
    07-26-14 07:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol is this a serious question?

software updates....
    Thank you for stating what is extremely obvious.
    07-26-14 08:09 PM
    The author is obviously just trolling us all.

It's very clear that BlackBerry's turn around is coming as evidenced by the rising stock price, the very clear focus on enterprise, security, and project ION.

It's also no secret anymore that bb10 is on par, if not better, than competing systems and with Maluba now being on board as the voice assistant and the coming android runtime on 10.3, bb10 is finally going to have everything i like about android PLUS more.

You guys check out the Maluba voice assistant, it's apparently better than Google voice and siri - that's something to get excited about.

Don't worry about this troll - don't dignify it by calling it an article it read like a random rant from a comments section.

Posted via CB10 Right on Cue
    Maluba...

You have me excited there...

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    07-27-14 06:04 AM
    Lol is this a serious question?

Thank you for stating what is extremely obvious.
    To be fair, software is the only thing in the world where the performance can get better as time passes by, and then takes a plummet down the incompatibility hole

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    07-27-14 08:22 AM
432 ... 1213141516 ...