07-31-14 09:03 PM
432 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Once he included stock prices he'd have to explain in layman's term what exactly that means for product support and what are the chances a company like BlackBerry would actually fold up. For one we know BlackBerry will at least stay in software so that's the worse case scenario so far. Like I said most people don't even invest in the stock market directly ( people like my parents use CD and money markets through banks) but they don't deal with stock prices directly... so in an article discussing the phone.. just dropping the stock prices in a mockingly derogatory manner wasn't relevant

Posted via CB10
    He has to?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-24-14 04:45 AM
    Blackberry is about productivity, efficiency, information at your finger tips and being able to do your work/communication in a secure and fast environment. It's not for everyone. If it was, people would buy them in droves. That's why it has such a committed and die-hard group of people. It's what we want and need. If I wanted to play games and watch movies all the time, I certainly wouldn't own one.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 08:44 AM
    Like Digital Trends can we just let this thread die already!?.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 09:25 AM
    He has to?

Yes. Imagine him reviewing iPhones and saying "and those phones are made in china"....

What exactly would that do? Cheap Chinese labor? There are people who hate that.. but without elaborating in his first sentence, the statement could easily be spinned anyways

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 11:06 AM
    No they haven't. The Z10 and Z30 may have been high-end flagships when they were conceptualised for the first time...
    But compared to everything else out there when those phones launched, they were just overpriced and underspecced.

BlackBerry hasn't released an appealing all-touch device since they exist.
    And the sale numbers clearly show that.

The Passport might entice more buyers than the user you responded to thinks, but to not have launched a real all touch flagship by now, or at least alongside the Passport, is just ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about you, but I can't bear to watch the IPhone toting sales reps come into my business and peck away at their tiny screens. When they try to search their emails or files for a specific item, they invariably give up.
    I think my Z30 is a stellar device.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 08:35 PM
    I don't know about you, but I can't bear to watch the IPhone toting sales reps come into my business and peck away at their tiny screens. When they try to search their emails or files for a specific item, they invariably give up.

Posted via CB10
    Well, having in mind that most BlackBerry users are using tiny screens because of the keyboard... the iPhone screen is not empty, you're crapping all over z10 users too lolz

Anyway, it doesn't take away the fact that BlackBerry hasn't really shown an outstanding touchscreen phone to the public, you're a minority.

Posted via CB10
    afhstingray likes this.
    07-24-14 10:39 PM
    We do a lot more than email and browsing buddy.

The official email apps are garbage as far as I can tell on my Moto X, the HUB is much more than a basic email app.

The BlackBerry stock browser works fast and does the job well, no need for chrome but if I wanted to, I could run chrome.

It's called the android run-time.

#BBFactcheck

Posted via CB10 Right on Cue
    Yes I know, I've owned BB10, the Z10 specifically.

Chrome syncs open tabs, history, bookmarks, etc etc. When you use a windows PC, android phone, and iPad, this is extremely helpful. Oh yeah, and Google Now on all 3 as well. While the BB10 browser itself IS nice, it's extremely useless when you move away from the device.

The Android runtime is a workaround, not a solution. Without google services, it is extremely sub par. The experienfe is seriously lacking, you just don't notice because you've never experienced android apps on, you know, android. Like you, I was excited about the run time. All I thought was "OMGZ so many apps now" Some don't work and many don't work well, but it was such an improvement compared to experiences past that it was easy to overlook.

The hub itself, while nice, is still not enough. It may be a great OVERALL email app, but so is the one on Android. And of course, if you don't like that one, there are the official ones that serve probably 90% of people (gmail, outlook, yahoo, etc). These experiences always surpass ANY "general" email app as far as features and service integration are concerned. I wouldn't buy a BB just so I can reply through the Hub, or peek into it, but that's just me. Of course. That's me "now".

"Before" I did buy one for that reason, and it's just not enough for me. I'm not saying BB doesn't have it's uses and user base types, but if you look at the numbers, it's really not many people.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-25-14 05:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the iPhone screen is too small at 4". But keyboard BB10s are really not better. Talk about limited use cases. You have to REALLY NEED a keyboard to sacrifice the pros that bigger screens have to offer. A touch screen really isn't that bad. Again, the numbers don't lie.

07-25-14 05:24 PM
    Yes, the iPhone screen is too small at 4". But keyboard BB10s are really not better. Talk about limited use cases. You have to REALLY NEED a keyboard to sacrifice the pros that bigger screens have to offer. A touch screen really isn't that bad. Again, the numbers don't lie.

Yup. The numbers are clear. Most BlackBerry users want all touch too. It's a shame that Chen is running down the path of the keyboard. I think it's a huge mistake. I don't suggest getting rid of keyboards altogether, but it's time to recognize that touch is the way of the future.

I was a huge fan of the keyboard. I couldn't believe BlackBerry was going to start making all touch devices. I swore I'd wait for the Q10, but as soon as I actually tried the Z10 I understood why people were switching to the iPhone in droves.

MarsupilamiX and agp101 like this.
    07-25-14 05:42 PM

You have to REALLY NEED a wide screen to sacrifice the pros that a physical keyboard have to offer.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-25-14 06:43 PM
    Yup. The numbers are clear. Most BlackBerry users want all touch too. It's a shame that Chen is running down the path of the keyboard. I think it's a huge mistake. I don't suggest getting rid of keyboards altogether, but it's time to recognize that touch is the way of the future.

I was a huge fan of the keyboard. I couldn't believe BlackBerry was going to start making all touch devices. I swore I'd wait for the Q10, but as soon as I actually tried the Z10 I understood why people were switching to the iPhone in droves.

Z10
    Z30
    Z3
    Z3 LTE

Vs.

Q10
    Q5
    Passport
    Classic

Unless I'm forgetting something, I don't really see this whole ignoring all-touch thing that's supposedly going on right now...

Edit: And even if you want to clump the Z3 and Z3 LTE together, that's still one ONE more keyboard device. Whoopdy doo...

07-25-14 06:45 PM
    They ignore the high-end all touch segment completely.

The Z10 is older than old.
    The Z30 is old.
    The Z3 an entry device for emerging markets.
    The LTE Z3 an entry device for "the west" and enterprises.

The Q10 is older than old.
    The Q5 is old.
    The Passport is something new in the high-end .
    The Classic should be something new in the mid-end.

Now where is a current BlackBerry touch device, that is actually competitive to last years Androids or the newest Lumia flagships, in terms of specs?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 06:54 PM
    I find it hilarious how this topic has been on the front page for days. The article must be getting mad clicks.
    bash blackberry -> profit.
    crackberry forums never disappoint. Let's keep it on the front page for a few more weeks.
    nvsfg likes this.
    07-25-14 07:00 PM
    I find it hilarious how this topic has been on the front page for days. The article must be getting mad clicks.
    crackberry forums never disappoint. Let's keep it on the front page for a few more weeks.
    I don't think folks get it.

The author must be laughing his head off...
    propeller10 and app_Developer like this.
    07-25-14 07:06 PM
    That might make sense if any bashing of BlackBerry had taken place.

07-25-14 09:08 PM
    They ignore the high-end all touch segment completely.

The Z10 is older than old.
    The Z30 is old.
    The Z3 an entry device for emerging markets.
    The LTE Z3 an entry device for "the west" and enterprises.

The Q10 is older than old.
    The Q5 is old.
    The Passport is something new in the high-end .
    The Classic should be something new in the mid-end.

Now where is a current BlackBerry touch device, that is actually competitive to last years Androids or the newest Lumia flagships, in terms of specs?

Posted via CB10
    From most rumors, the Classic should be around the Z30 in terms of specs. So that still leaves it at just one more keyboard phone even if you're just talking about high-end or low-end...

07-25-14 09:46 PM
    From most rumors, the Classic should be around the Z30 in terms of specs. So that still leaves it at just one more keyboard phone even if you're just talking about high-end or low-end...

Please elaborate.
    I don't really understand what you mean.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 09:52 PM
    Please elaborate.
    I don't really understand what you mean.

Posted via CB10
    Um, you were comparing the touch devices to the keyboard devices. You claim that there are no high end all-touch while there are more keyboard devices, but I'm saying there is a chance the specs of one of those might be just on par with an all-touch device you called "old" so it still only leaves one keyboard device that is going to be high end over the all-touches... How's that?

07-25-14 10:00 PM
    That's exactly what I said though.
    The Classic is mid-ranged and there is no all-touch flagship.

Actually, there has never been a true BlackBerry all touch flagship, to be honest.
    Under that PoV, I'd say that BlackBerry ignores high-end all touch models, but provides one for keyboards, with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 10:15 PM
    That's exactly what I said though.
    The Classic is mid-ranged and there is no all-touch flagship.

Actually, there has never been a true BlackBerry all touch flagship, to be honest.
    Under that PoV, I'd say that BlackBerry ignores high-end all touch models, but provides one for keyboards, with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, I guess, but anyway, you quoted my comment as if you were making a comment about what I said to another user with that post, so, if you were not actually addressing that, then I guess I'll just sit here and leave you alone with it...

07-25-14 10:32 PM
    Ok, I guess, but anyway, you quoted my comment as if you were making a comment about what I said to another user with that post, so, if you were not actually addressing that, then I guess I'll just sit here and leave you alone with it...

You confuse me even more now.
    I didn't quote you in the beginning.
    Just said that there is no all touch flagship.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 10:49 PM
    You confuse me even more now.
    I didn't quote you in the beginning.
    Just said that there is no all touch flagship.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, so you just listed all of the devices in the exact same order and in the exact same method as I did in a comment right after mine but you didn't quote it. Alrighty man. Again, I'll leave you to whatever point you think you're making...

07-25-14 11:09 PM
    Z10
    Z30
    Z3
    Z3 LTE

Vs.

Q10
    Q5
    Passport
    Classic

Unless I'm forgetting something, I don't really see this whole ignoring all-touch thing that's supposedly going on right now...

Edit: And even if you want to clump the Z3 and Z3 LTE together, that's still one ONE more keyboard device. Whoopdy doo...

Forget the devices that Thor released or designed. Now reprint the list. And when you do make sure you don't try claiming the Z3 and Z3 LTE as separate devices.

07-25-14 11:51 PM
    Forget the devices that Thor released or designed. Now reprint the list. And when you do make sure you don't try claiming the Z3 and Z3 LTE as separate devices.

Z3/Z3 LTE

vs

Passport
    Classic

Copy and pasted from my original reply to you: "And even if you want to clump the Z3 and Z3 LTE together, that's still one ONE more keyboard device. Whoopdy doo..."
    07-26-14 12:53 AM
    Ok, so you just listed all of the devices in the exact same order and in the exact same method as I did in a comment right after mine but you didn't quote it. Alrighty man. Again, I'll leave you to whatever point you think you're making...

I really don't get what you mean.
    I used the same order, because it's a chronological one.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 05:56 AM
432 ... 1112131415 ...