07-31-14 09:03 PM
432 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Show us a video demonstrating this "degree" there bud. We won't ignore it then.

Posted via CB10 on the Z "Dirty" 30
    No need. Suffice to say, I can do it on Android, albeit less elegantly.
    07-22-14 05:53 AM
    Can you listen to a Webinar (or for the advanced folks, participate in a Webinar) while clearing your e-mails, bbm, whatsapp, fb and twitter?

And do it elegantly? And without unsecured Third-party apps?

Well, I have on my BlackBerry 10.

Regarding YouTube, I watch a lot of work material on YouTube (mostly recorded lectures) and it's excellent that the videos are not paused while I reply to emails and bbm in between.

Why are you downplaying this exceptional feature? Is it because it's very simple but still iOS and Android don't have this ability and you feel embarrassed to admit this?
    lift likes this.
    07-22-14 08:35 AM
    You keep saying it's possible, but then say "less elegantly", leading me to believe your just making it up.

Show us or stop making unsubstantiated claims which we all know aren't true.

Just admit it's not possible.

Btw - Bb10 can run widgets, just less elegantly right?

lift likes this.
    07-22-14 08:50 AM
    Can you listen to a Webinar (or for the advanced folks, participate in a Webinar) while clearing your e-mails, bbm, whatsapp, fb and twitter?

And do it elegantly? And without unsecured Third-party apps?

Well, I have on my BlackBerry 10.

Regarding YouTube, I watch a lot of work material on YouTube (mostly recorded lectures) and it's excellent that the videos are not paused while I reply to emails and bbm in between.

Why are you downplaying this exceptional feature? Is it because it's very simple but still iOS and Android don't have this ability and you feel embarrassed to admit this?
    I use YouTube in the same way (and publish such corporately) Good use, but again, not something that, IME, shows folks at the dinner table to "win" an OS war. I find it hilarious, much as I used to think Android users showing off kicking folks off wi-fi networks as prrof of Android's "power" were silly. I tend to watch YouTube videos when I can, and I see that it can be useful.

Embarrassed? By mobile technology? LOL. I don't love any one piece so much as to be embarrassed by a shortcoming. I'm a bit too old to feel heartbroken because something I buy a a tool doesn't do something I do not need it to.

LOL.

You keep saying it's possible, but then say "less elegantly", leading me to believe your just making it up.

Show us or stop making unsubstantiated claims which we all know aren't true.

Just admit it's not possible.

Btw - Bb10 can run widgets, just less elegantly right?

Make stuff up? To prove... what?

Oh man. I better stop before you and BBRY fact check me. No, one cannot play YouTube videos in the background on any other platforms. There. You win, and truth and justice are on your side.

I hereby admit it's not possible, and there is plenty of stuff on the internet that proves you right.
    07-22-14 09:29 AM
    Lol, thanks for wasting our time then because something that's not important to you should not be encouraged as development..

BlackBerry should do only what Apple and Android are doing and nothing more or less.. because anytime any BlackBerry feature gets discussed, it gets put down by all Android and iPhone users..

Even if a feature is important to one person, why not encourage it? Are you that selfish that it should only interest you for it to be considered as valuable development?
    spikesolie, Tre Lawrence and lift like this.
    07-22-14 10:54 AM
    Lol, thanks for wasting our time then because something that's not important to you should not be encouraged as development..

BlackBerry should do only what Apple and Android are doing and nothing more or less.. because anytime any BlackBerry feature gets discussed, it gets put down by all Android and iPhone users..

Even if a feature is important to one person, why not encourage it? Are you that selfish that it should only interest you for it to be considered as valuable development?
    Somehow, a joke to another vet had you thinking folks are calling for BBRY to cease development.

Let me say it slowly. Multitasking is a needed feature, one that all platforms should continually improve upon.

Playing five videos in the background (which y'all are determined is a BB10 exclusive LOL) is not the best way of showing off the feature.

IMHO, of course.
    07-22-14 11:53 AM
    Playing five videos in the background (which y'all are determined is a BB10 exclusive LOL) is not the best way of showing off the feature.

IMHO, of course.
    BINGO!! Exactly my point.. You use Android which doesn't even have this feature (neither does iOS) but somehow you get to decide what's best.. LOL

It's might not be the best example of multitasking but it's still one step ahead of Android and iOS..

And you completely ignored my point on attending a Webinar and replying to emails simultaneously.. Can you do that on Android? I don't think so..
    spikesolie likes this.
    07-22-14 12:30 PM
    Somehow, a joke to another vet had you thinking folks are calling for BBRY to cease development.

Let me say it slowly. Multitasking is a needed feature, one that all platforms should continually improve upon.

IMHO, of course.
    It kinda is the best way..imho of course

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 01:10 PM
    People like me?

Let's stroll back a little. I'm not disrespecting (heaven forbid) BB10's ability to multitask. Nor am I saying multitasking is silly.

I am poking isolated fun at folks way back who presented a silly (IMHO) example to prove the awesomeness of QNX. Think about it for a minute... if I had the proverbial friend at dinner who showed this to me, I'd laugh my head off. Let's ignore the fact that this is possible on both Android and iOS, BTW, to a degree.

There are better ways to showcase the feature, no?

What you are seeing as an attack on a BB feature is simply an LOL at over enthusiastic fans.

Makes sense?
    People like you = not blackberry enthusiasts that frequent a Blackberry enthusiast forum. Apparently only Blackberry users need to have realists visit on a daily basis to give us a our daily reality check. Why does this form even exist anyway? May as well just close it up since BBRY has no chance and is going out of business. Sigh...

No one said multi-tasking alone would help them yield massive sales, but it also is not a bad thing for the OS to be able to do it.

In terms of the 5 videos at the same time argument, I agree, idiotic.

I'll leave it at that and we'll agree to disagree. Enjoy your Android. And I hope you don't mind if we all enjoy our Blackberry's.
    07-22-14 01:15 PM
    BINGO!! Exactly my point.. You use Android which doesn't even have this feature (neither does iOS) but somehow you get to decide what's best.. LOL

It's might not be the best example of multitasking but it's still one step ahead of Android and iOS..

And you completely ignored my point on attending a Webinar and replying to emails simultaneously.. Can you do that on Android? I don't think so..
    I use all platforms.

Yes.

I'm required to watch a webinar every month. I have to take notes via Evernote simultaneously and post live notes. No biggie. Not something that I'd ever go around saying "look what I can do!"

That does not somehow make me cool, and I doubt Sergei or Larry are high-fiving each other glee because I l proved Android's efficacy.

There are several things Android cannot do, that BlackBerry can and vice versa. I apologize for being unable to feel "embarrassment" for circuitry.

I wish Android focused on the peripheral services. I wish WP8 had better content. I wish BB10 had a better native ecosystem. And somehow, I enjoy them all.

Can we stop the silly comparisons about platforms that don't share blood with us? There are better things to posture about, like offspring and whose dad can beat up whose.
    07-22-14 01:20 PM
    It kinda is the best way..imho of course
    I don't doubt that at all.
    07-22-14 01:21 PM
    People like you = not blackberry enthusiasts that frequent a Blackberry enthusiast forum. Apparently only Blackberry users need to have realists visit on a daily basis to give us a our daily reality check. Why does this form even exist anyway? May as well just close it up since BBRY has no chance and is going out of business. Sigh...

No one said multi-tasking alone would help them yield massive sales, but it also is not a bad thing for the OS to be able to do it.

In terms of the 5 videos at the same time argument, I agree, idiotic.

I'll leave it at that and we'll agree to disagree. Enjoy your Android. And I hope you don't mind if we all enjoy our Blackberry's.
    We agree on more than you know. It's a shame that silly things like confused assumptions lead to labeling.

I generally respect your point of view, even if I don't always agree with them, and that doesn't change. I understand that some folks do the "us against them," but life is too short.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    07-22-14 01:25 PM
    @ Tre Lawrence - What is your point besides making this into Android vs. BlackBerry?
    spikesolie, Clanked and lift like this.
    07-22-14 01:27 PM
    Author seems struggle a heavy inner disquietness...
    Poor you, I'd consider professional help or a change in your life...
    No need to blame BlackBerry, if he's frustrated with his silly job or his private life...

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    07-22-14 01:41 PM
    I agree with your views of what you can't live without, as it is the same for me. Further, I find the auto correct and word suggestions to further the divide, and particularly for me with multi language support (English and French). Probably also is the sound quality on my Z30 and reception. Oh and battery life. Funny how when we travel, it's not the iPhone users looking for the restaurant for dinner but me on my Z30. If they have any juice left, they are saving it for that one last 2 minute call.

Further, I do use it a lot for the Web browsing, which is twice as fast as the closest rival (iPhone). Which has lead me to save Websites like Uber, United Airlines, and others as app icons (add to home screen feature). These work really really well.

I have music on my phone, Netflix for leisure, and I think the partnership with Amazon will strengthen those areas.

The only thing weighing down BlackBerry devices is a lack of apps, which they are addressing with Android app support. Maybe Google services is the other thing.

I do use an Android tablet as well, which together addresses everything I need.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 04:19 PM
    The only thing weighing down BlackBerry devices is a lack of apps, which they are addressing with Android app support. Maybe Google services is the other thing.

I tend to agree. With hindsight, I think native is better, but we'll see how the Amazon thingie works out.
    07-22-14 05:31 PM
    When someone talks about stock price in a device review, that's when you know it's personal..
    No that's actually valid in my opinion. I wouldn't want to buy a device from a company that might not be there in a couple years to support it. I know that isn't the case with BlackBerry right now, but I think discussing stock price is relevant. I don't think you can say anyone mentioning stock is attacking BlackBerry and making it personal.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    07-22-14 06:08 PM
    Well when he taunts asking if the Z10 is working on Virgin yet, who is he hinting at? The phone or the service provider. Some people get their knickers in such a twist their thought process also gets entangled within!

Posted via CB10
    evodevo69 likes this.
    07-22-14 06:19 PM
    Is the stock price truly relevant? The phones would continue to operate well beyond the day that BBRY ceases operations, so you wouldn't get new OS updates; you buy the phone for what it is, not what some speculative updates months or years later will turn it into. The average consumer will replace their phone every year or two, as upgrade cycles permit, so if BBRY fails as of the next quarter, you'll just replace your still operating BlackBerry once you can upgrade again. Even if you bought a new BlackBerry phone when inventory is cleared out when the business winds down, you would get the use you paid for just like any other phone. Speaking of the failing stock price is only meant to create fear in naive consumers.

BB for Life
    07-22-14 06:54 PM
    No that's actually valid in my opinion. I wouldn't want to buy a device from a company that might not be there in a couple years to support it. I know that isn't the case with BlackBerry right now, but I think discussing stock price is relevant. I don't think you can say anyone mentioning stock is attacking BlackBerry and making it personal.

I can't disagree.
    07-22-14 06:56 PM
    Is the stock price truly relevant? The phones would continue to operate well beyond the day that BBRY ceases operations, so you wouldn't get new OS updates; you buy the phone for what it is, not what some speculative updates months or years later will turn it into. The average consumer will replace their phone every year or two, as upgrade cycles permit, so if BBRY fails as of the next quarter, you'll just replace your still operating BlackBerry once you can upgrade again. Even if you bought a new BlackBerry phone when inventory is cleared out when the business winds down, you would get the use you paid for just like any other phone. Speaking of the failing stock price is only meant to create fear in naive consumers.

BB for Life
    Fair point.

On paper, I agree somewhat. I think folks need to purchase devices for what they do at the time of purchase.

On the other hand, in this day and age when people invest in ecosystems, the overall long term health of a company might be important.
    07-22-14 06:57 PM
    Fair point.

On paper, I agree somewhat. I think folks need to purchase devices for what they do at the time of purchase.

On the other hand, in this day and age when people invest in ecosystems, the overall long term health of a company might be important.
    Well it depends on what the author sets out to judge. The brand or the phone itself

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 07:09 PM
    Wow, anyone who attacked Tre, one of the most level-headed and fair posters on Crackberry, needs to rethink their words. Some of us actually use more than one OS and don't find it necessary to wage war against the ones we don't use. Let's face it, most of the OS's today are more than capable of doing what 99% of people need done. It's personal choice.

Posted with my Q
    07-22-14 07:54 PM

BB for Life
    Perhaps, however since BB10 is a new OS that was released with lots of problems, a lack of updates would be a valid concern.

More importantly would be warranty repair or replacement.

07-22-14 09:37 PM
    Wow, anyone who attacked Tre, one of the most level-headed and fair posters on Crackberry, needs to rethink their words. Some of us actually use more than one OS and don't find it necessary to wage war against the ones we don't use. Let's face it, most of the OS's today are more than capable of doing what 99% of people need done. It's personal choice.

Posted with my Q
    If tre says bs, I'll call him out on it. If I say bs someone else will. This isn't a **** kissing forum X,'D not leveled at you.. just a general statement

Posted via CB10
    afhstingray likes this.
    07-22-14 10:48 PM
432 ... 910111213 ...