07-31-14 10:03 PM
432 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Why would anyone want to run chrome browser on a BlackBerry. The BlackBerry 10 browser puts chrome to shame.
    07-21-14 12:06 PM
    Why would anyone want to run chrome browser on a BlackBerry. The BlackBerry 10 browser puts chrome to shame.
    Depends on one's needs. If one works on multiple machines and needs synced information (like bookmarks, search results, etc) the BB10 browser might not cut it.
    TgeekB and agp101 like this.
    07-21-14 12:10 PM
    Synced bookmarks and history

Please join my photography channel
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-21-14 12:14 PM
    Synced bookmarks and history

Please join my photography channel
    Useful to some I suppose. I don't use that feature so I didn't know that. I see that as a privacy concern though. But hey, call me paranoid. I happen to like my privacy and security.
    07-21-14 12:21 PM
    Useful to some I suppose. I don't use that feature so I didn't know that. I see that as a privacy concern though. But hey, call me paranoid. I happen to like my privacy and security.
    Privacy? What browser do you use on desktop?

But that's why options are so important to a mobile platform's future. Synced browsers are great productivity tools.
    07-21-14 12:27 PM
    Wow... that's funny!
    Either the guy writes on contract or he is a weathercock writer but Andy Boxal after his stupid bashing just wrote another neutral/positive article about the last video of the Passport (by last, i mean the first demonstration of the trackpad we discovered few days ago).
    They understood Passport's buzz just brought some clicks on their site so they may continue to talk about it...
    But how can you manage to write such opposite articles in 24H and still pretend to be taken seriously?
    Unusual BlackBerry Passport revealed on leaked video | Digital Trends
    Last edited by BroncoVAL; 07-21-14 at 07:23 PM.
    07-21-14 12:27 PM
    We do a lot more than email and browsing buddy.

The official email apps are garbage as far as I can tell on my Moto X, the HUB is much more than a basic email app.

The BlackBerry stock browser works fast and does the job well, no need for chrome but if I wanted to, I could run chrome.

It's called the android run-time.

#BBFactcheck

Posted via CB10 Right on Cue
    I even have chrome running smoothly but can't use it.

Also what is the guy talking about basic email apps? Bb10 doesn't even have native email app but to call the hub basic? Stupid stuff

Posted via CB10
    shaleem likes this.
    07-21-14 12:45 PM
    If you read the replies/comments below the article, the author managed to dig up a lot of BlackBerry support vs Apple support. He may have achieved what he was trying to avoid, a BlackBerry resurgence. Anyhow, the passport will obtain it's goal successfully hitting it's target market. It isn't for the consumer masses. The best and future value of the passport is its keyboard on more consumer oriented devices. I for 1 am looking forward to testing out a tactile keyboard with touch screen capabilities. That's what the competition is really afraid of.....and guess what? BlackBerry Has another patent!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 12:46 PM
    Privacy? What browser do you use on desktop?

But that's why options are so important to a mobile platform's future. Synced browsers are great productivity tools.
    What browser? What do you think I was going to say? IE11? I use Firefox ESR with lots of tweaking and addons for adblocking, security and privacy. I do a very large amount of reading about privacy and security not just for the PC but also for phones/tablets. That's why you see me complain about android all the time. The more you KNOW about android, the more you realize just how bad your privacy and security are compromised using that platform on a phone or tablet. I wouldn't touch android with a ten foot pole. But that's another subject.
    07-21-14 01:32 PM
    Absolutely true. Not to say that things won't change in the future but not at the present time. People on here said the same thing before the Z10 came out - called it the iphone killer I believe. Just goes to show that you have to wait and see what consumers say before making bold predictions.

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    Way more fun this way. Deja vu is so sexy.

Remember when QNX and the ability to play five YouTube videos simultaneously were indisputable indications of success?
    07-21-14 05:10 PM
    This is the battle that BlackBerry has in front of them from the tech media. The Passport and Classic will most likely not be well received in general. There are going to be some scathing reviews because it's a BlackBerry and because it's a form factor that will not appeal to the masses.

Z10
    I don't know that we can assume that. Oddly enough, the early reaction seems to be curiosity more than anything else.

The Passport is a novelty. The press loves novelty, because it gives them something to write about. If the novelty in the Passport's case translates to genuine usability benefits, I think it could get a warm reception.
    07-21-14 05:23 PM
    Way more fun this way. Deja vu is so sexy.

Remember when QNX and the ability to play five YouTube videos simultaneously were indisputable indications of success?
    Lol. Why so angry? No one said it was the be all and end all. And I don't ever remember anyone talking about playing 5 youtube videos at once. What many have done is explained a real world scenario to you where the powerful multitasking of BB10 is quite useful. The youtube example is one. Desktop Windows has the ability to do this. If we are to believe the hype that the phone will one day totally supplant desktops and laptops, then robust multitasking is a must.
    07-21-14 10:08 PM
    I've tried the Androids and every time I try to do something, nearly anything, I can do it more readily on my Blackberry.
    lift likes this.
    07-21-14 10:21 PM
    And why my half basked PB is still making me buy second hand BBOS7 devices and pay a sub to my carrier... When my nostalgic PB dies so does my 8 years BB loyalty and BIS sub. BB has removed everything I loved about its products even if BB10 is solid its still not a BB anymore, its a device with a BB logo...and million like me followed suit long ago.
    07-21-14 10:30 PM
    Lol. Why so angry? No one said it was the be all and end all. And I don't ever remember anyone talking about playing 5 youtube videos at once. What many have done is explained a real world scenario to you where the powerful multitasking of BB10 is quite useful. The youtube example is one. Desktop Windows has the ability to do this. If we are to believe the hype that the phone will one day totally supplant desktops and laptops, then robust multitasking is a must.
    Angry? More so entertained. The five video thing was hilarious.
    07-21-14 10:38 PM
    Angry? More so entertained. The five video thing was hilarious.
    And I'll reiterate what I said. Robust multitasking is not a bad thing. Not sure why you continue to belittle it as a meaningless feature.
    07-21-14 10:48 PM
    And I'll reiterate what I said. Robust multitasking is not a bad thing. Not sure why you continue to belittle it as a meaningless feature.
    Look at it this way: there is a reason BBRY itself never used said feature (playing multiple YouTube videos the same time) in promos.

Point being that features are great, but showing how they can be benefit a user is even better.

If playing multiple videos was in such high demand, BB10 would have cornered the market.
    07-21-14 11:05 PM
    Look at it this way: there is a reason BBRY itself never used said feature (playing multiple YouTube videos the same time) in promos.

Point being that features are great, but showing how they can be benefit a user is even better.

If playing multiple videos was in such high demand, BB10 would have cornered the market.
    That is one example that illustrates the multitasking capabilities of the OS. It is the multitasking capabilities that are important, not playing 5 youtube videos at once. Yet you keep focusing on the youtube example and choose to ignore the broader capability of the OS, so far as to write it off as a useless feature. I beg to differ. It is an important feature. If BB10 could not multi-task, I can only imagine what you (and people like you) would say then. D2mned if they do, d2mned if they don't. I know I would be annoyed if I could only do one thing at a time on my desktop and had to choose between doing something like browse the web or download a torrent. Who needs to multi-task anyway? It's not in demand. LOL!
    Timbosaurus and spikesolie like this.
    07-21-14 11:13 PM
    That is one example that illustrates the multitasking capabilities of the OS. It is the multitasking capabilities that are important, not playing 5 youtube videos at once. Yet you keep focusing on the youtube example and choose to ignore the broader capability of the OS, so far as to write it off as a useless feature. I beg to differ. It is an important feature. If BB10 could not multi-task, I can only imagine what you (and people like you) would say then. D2mned if they do, d2mned if they don't. I know I would be annoyed if I could only do one thing at a time on my desktop and had to choose between doing something like browse the web or download a torrent. Who needs to multi-task anyway? It's not in demand. LOL!
    Don't mind Tre. He said himself that he's a cynical man. I think he should consider gardening as a hobby for therapeutic purposes. It should lighten him up. :P

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence and spikesolie like this.
    07-21-14 11:18 PM
    People like me?

Let's stroll back a little. I'm not disrespecting (heaven forbid) BB10's ability to multitask. Nor am I saying multitasking is silly.

I am poking isolated fun at folks way back who presented a silly (IMHO) example to prove the awesomeness of QNX. Think about it for a minute... if I had the proverbial friend at dinner who showed this to me, I'd laugh my head off. Let's ignore the fact that this is possible on both Android and iOS, BTW, to a degree.

There are better ways to showcase the feature, no?

What you are seeing as an attack on a BB feature is simply an LOL at over enthusiastic fans.

Makes sense?
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 07-22-14 at 12:21 AM.
    07-21-14 11:24 PM
    Don't mind Tre. He said himself that he's a cynical man. I think he should consider gardening as a hobby for therapeutic purposes. It should lighten him up. :P

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Mobile technology (and my fellow, testy enthusiasts) keeps me young.
    07-21-14 11:27 PM
    Edited: My mistake guys.
    Last edited by slagman5; 07-22-14 at 02:38 AM.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    07-22-14 12:10 AM
    [WARN]One last warning...discuss the topic and not individual posters.[/WARN]
    07-22-14 01:46 AM
    People like me?

Let's stroll back a little. I'm not disrespecting (heaven forbid) BB10's ability to multitask. Nor am I saying multitasking is silly.

I am poking isolated fun at folks way back who presented a silly (IMHO) example to prove the awesomeness of QNX. Think about it for a minute... if I had the proverbial friend at dinner who showed this to me, I'd laugh my head off. Let's ignore the fact that this is possible on both Android and iOS, BTW, to a degree.

There are better ways to showcase the feature, no?

What you are seeing as an attack on a BB feature is simply an LOL at over enthusiastic fans.

Makes sense?
    Show us a video demonstrating this "degree" there bud. We won't ignore it then.

Posted via CB10 on the Z "Dirty" 30
    07-22-14 02:25 AM
    One positive thing that i can make out of this article is that the Passport is going to replace a lot of iPhones.
    That author is just intimidated by Passport.
    Quite possibly the truest statement in this thread. However, the pricing of the BlackBerry Passport MUST be reasonable which means CAD450.00 off-contract and unlocked. A few MBAs touting a BlackBerry Passport combined with potentially a few law enforcement agencies won't be enough to sustain the company nor make the product a "market success." The days of premium pricing for BlackBerry ended some time ago yet the CEOs and CMOs fail to awaken from their "golden palace dream." In my opinion, the BlackBerry Passport, properly marketed and priced, could lure college and university students both as a communications device as well as a device to take notes, read lecture notes and supporting documents, etc. The BlackBerry Passport could be a smartphone and tablet rolled into a single device without the bulk of a phablet.
    07-22-14 03:29 AM
432 ... 89101112 ...