01-21-13 08:23 PM
31 12
tools
    Folks, Mr Big Hand's written piece also highlights indirectly another advantage for RIM. By developing a PLATFORM that works efficiently, the parts inside the phone just get cheaper. So while Samsung is throwing an 8 core monster into its S4, RIM runs circles around it with a cheaper dual core. Imagine if these cost savings are passed on to the consumer. There could be a 200-300 dollar price differential in the phones. No wonder Samsung along with other Android based companies are sweating bullets. RIM might have figured out how to bring a premium device into the middle range market.
    That's what I'm hoping for. I guess we'll find out next week if that is the plan, or if the plan is for RIM to pocket the difference.
    01-21-13 08:10 AM
    Folks, Mr Big Hand's written piece also highlights indirectly another advantage for RIM. By developing a PLATFORM that works efficiently, the parts inside the phone just get cheaper. So while Samsung is throwing an 8 core monster into its S4, RIM runs circles around it with a cheaper dual core. Imagine if these cost savings are passed on to the consumer. There could be a 200-300 dollar price differential in the phones. No wonder Samsung along with other Android based companies are sweating bullets. RIM might have figured out how to bring a premium device into the middle range market.
    Well yeah its cost effecient,greener and all that jazz it should be cheaper for us but im dont see price dropping.All Oems all are doing is cheapening hardware for everyone one else.There's quadcore budget cyborg devices now thats why there's talk of octo core.Outside dual core no facts have been presented that more cores makes the phones better.Facebook does'nt demand these things considering ithey are just phones that do not multitask to the level of a power pc user its comical for these more cores culture.More money needs to be loss for these oems and the rest to wake up.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-21-13 at 05:17 PM.
    01-21-13 08:44 AM
    Well yeah its cost effecient,greener and all that jazz it should be cheaper for us but im dont see price dropping.All Oems all are doing is cheapinig hardware for everyone one else.THere's quadcore budget cyborg devices now thats why there's talk of octo coreoutside dual core no facts have been presented that more cores makes the phones better.Facebook does'nt demand these things considering itsphones do not multitask to teh level of a power pc user its comicalfor these cores.More money needs to be loss for these oems and teh rest to wake up.
    last i heard Samsung was supposed to use a quadcore A15 chip not an Octa core, intel doesn't even make an octa their i7 pros are quads that appear as 8 but only AMD actually has an octa
    01-21-13 09:34 AM
    last i heard Samsung was supposed to use a quadcore A15 chip not an Octa core, intel doesn't even make an octa their i7 pros are quads that appear as 8 but only AMD actually has an octa
    Well i read huewei and compysome are planing octa core and 6+ inch each phones.
    01-21-13 05:18 PM
    i don't know if any of you follow cars but the old saying by those muscle car fans is " theres no replacement for displacement" meanign the bigger the engine the better. truth be told companies like Ferrari, Honda, Audi, BMW have proven this theory wrong, taking smaller engines and putting otu the same power and blowing the pants off those cars with massive 7 liter V8 engines.

The BEST car company that proves "...no replacement for displacement" theory wrong is Porsche (in my opinion). They have even smaller displacement engines than the cars listed above. Also, they do EVERY sports car they make with only a 6 cylinder engine, whereas Ferrari, Lambo, Audi, BMW, Benz, etc use 8 and 10 and 12 cylinder engines. So Porsche still performs better even with a "smaller" engine AND less cylinders. And somehow they still run laps around the competition on the Nuremberg and breakaway on the straight-aways (and costs less than a Ferrari too)...

But, I digress...
    01-21-13 06:08 PM
    inline with thread's petrolhead theories, nevertheless it is correct that bigger doesn't mean better.
    case in hand, top gear 2.0 turbocharged mitsubishi evo vs lamborghini murcieaago.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&...&v=Ees2aZcDUn8
    just astounding how you can extract so much juice with the right combinations.
    and as proven, BB10 is like this evo facing the quad or octa core phones. with the right combination, minimalists could be as deadly as brutal power.

Sent from my unsliding slider BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-21-13 08:23 PM
31 12