I think I found the application that might make me go to another device if executed successfully.

I tried out Android (via a OnePlus One device) but missed the hub and it's simplicity of managing my multiple email accounts and social media connections. But while searching for a desktop client that had a similar feature I found this application in the works: Unified Inbox https://unifiedinbox.com/.

Anyone heard of it? While I am interested to see where it goes, I also wonder if BlackBerry has any patents that might stop this application. Because, right now the hub is a one of a kind for a BB device...
    03-17-15 08:47 PM
    The concept is far from new and has been done over and over. If this app is be better than the others, good for iOS users.

Nothing BlackBerry can do about it since they really didn't create the idea (and some BBOS users even seem to think separated inboxes are the right way to go).
    03-17-15 08:53 PM
    What is their security and what type of log in do they have. Not sure I would have all my accounts in a centralized location if they don't need great security measures. Now let's find out what they have
    03-17-15 08:58 PM
    Agreed, it is nothing new and right now Unified Communications is the next major thing companies are working on. I just figured someone else might know more than I do... As I am usually the last to find out about things...

And I do agree, there are some major questions like security etc that first have to be answered...

Edit:

And from there site:
    Yes, your account information is stored on a central server so no matter which device you use to access your account, it will always be completely up to date.
    It just became a little less appealing...
    Last edited by menaknow; 03-17-15 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Account information from FAQ added...
    03-17-15 09:48 PM
    Agreed, it is nothing new and right now Unified Communications is the next major thing companies are working on. I just figured someone else might know more than I do... As I am usually the last to find out about things...
    I don't consider unified communications as the "next big thing" companies are working on at all. The hot fields right now are mobile payments, biometric identification, virtual reality, and wearables. On a completely random tangent is driverless cars.

Among less buzzworthy tech trends, Microsoft continues to improve its voice assistant; but, Apple and Google have stagnated and shelved it as a fad of yesteryear. Microsoft is also working on an OS scalable to a number of different form factors (Windows 10). Google is working on Project Ara/modular smartphones.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    03-18-15 06:56 AM
    The HUB rocks any unified messaging/e-mail etc platform. It's one of a kind, highly efficient and works well.
    Without Hub, BB10 would have suffered big time. Hub rocks.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 07:01 AM
    snowball and HUB for android are also competitors of the HUB there are many more. Accompli is the best emailing app out there (yes, better than BlackBerry mail). There is a lot of work needed on the HUB. It isn't capable of handling 20+ headless applications with constant notifications under the "Notifications Tab (not HUB integrated) due to lack of filtering, dumb bell and no HTML5 on the page where you press the notification which makes it an app launching page making it very useless.

Seems like they are having issues with something so simple, Dark HUB, never mind making it more usable. I should be able to make the HUB purple if desired by now. Amazing concept but lack of support again by BlackBerry.
    03-18-15 10:36 AM