04-13-15 11:59 PM
233 12345 ...
tools
    I'd take this offer.. trade in my Z30 for iPhone 6 Plus. And hook my sim card in my old Sony Ericsson keep the iPhone in the box, wait till the slider is out, sell the iPhone and buy the slider. Beat this Apple!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 01:03 PM
    It's not my imagination. Do done unbiased research.

Manufacture vs manufacture. Samsung vs Apple. Apple is eating Sammys lunch. And that's a fact supported by several published indicators.

BlackBerry hates America!
    Keep ignoring the reality that 80% of smart phone users use something else. That's not a little bit of a difference, but a resounding statement that Apple is simply not as popular as you make it out to be.
    03-18-15 01:18 PM
    Going back to my first post, very desperate move on apples part.

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    So they make more money in a week than BlackBerry makes in a year or phone sales, and they are desperate? If only BlackBerry were desperate during to gain customers and get devices out there.....

Posted via CB10
    Dookieman and techvisor like this.
    03-18-15 02:47 PM
    Why would somebody want to downgrade for an Apple? LOL

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:48 PM
    Keep ignoring the reality that 80% of smart phone users use something else. That's not a little bit of a difference, but a resounding statement that Apple is simply not as popular as you make it out to be.
    How many of those 80% can't afford an iPhone and/or are in low end or emerging markets? If you put and iPhone 6 and a SGS5 in front most of these 80% and said pick one for free, what would most pick?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:52 PM
    This will be abused for people to resell iPhones from trading in old, broken or junk phones.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 03:16 PM
    As one of that pair of WinPhone owners, I resent that! LOL

Not wanting to derail the thread, but I was intrigued to learn today that WinPhone10 will be available to install on (some) Android handsets - it overwrites the android OS with WinPhone. I can see that being the sort of try before you buy offer that some might take-up... Just to see what WinPhone is like. More than would do the irrevocable traditional kind of trade-in deal mentioned in this thread.

Back on topic, I agree with the poster above - I'm sure there are several Z10 owners out there that are disappointed that no full-touch upgrade path is available to them... and they might be tempted to take up Apple's offer.
    Hi i am the other windows phone owner so i am not alone, i dont resent Apple not including us in the offer, but i am incensed that they think i would trade in one of my Blackberry phones for an i phone,
    03-18-15 03:24 PM
    So they make more money in a week than BlackBerry makes in a year or phone sales, and they are desperate? If only BlackBerry were desperate during to gain customers and get devices out there.....

Posted via CB10
    Most seem to be looking for something more than what I'm saying. My comment was that apple was on top for so long (yes took BlackBerry out easily) but now they are seeing a partnership starting between Samsung and BlackBerry in the enterprise market that can and will bleed in to the consumer market. With apple already loosing ground to Samsung (no not BlackBerry) they are on the defensive to curb that trend. iProducts have a following for sure, no one can deny it. Their follower base is much larger than BlackBerry. But can a company survive on their base or do they always want more market?

BlackBerry is running on their base right now but it's not where they want to be. If they had the chance to steel apply clients as the bleed started, they certainly would have. They just didn't have the product at the time.

Now BlackBerry does have a great product (yes this is mine and others opinion) but they need an ecosystem that android and apple already have. Working with Samsung I'm sure will help them with that and apple should know that.

So in short, do I think apple is afraid of BlackBerry alone? Of course not. That would be ridiculous as they would just buy them. However, are they concerned about the trend? Of course or they wouldn't be giving away phones just to sell a watch that frankly is ******** that it only works with their phone.

Trying to force a market WILL blow up in their face and I for one will never go and buy from someone who tried to corner me in to only buying from them. I will buy what's best for me... not what I'm told I need to buy.

Rant over, please continue on with your commercial.

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    03-18-15 03:33 PM
    Why don't you condsider the Z30 to be a flagship all-touch?
    03-18-15 03:38 PM
    Why don't you condsider the Z30 to be a flagship all-touch?
    Because it was announced on September 18th, 2013 and received next to no marketing lol. 2013. Nevermind the fact that it's not even in production any longer and what devices are out there are already accounted for.
    03-18-15 05:06 PM
    Why would somebody want to downgrade for an Apple? LOL

Posted via CB10
    I know, right?!
    no seriously, I would never ever go back, I need my Hub! Life just doesn't make any sense without the HUB!!! <3
    03-18-15 05:14 PM
    mmmm...bacon

 Posted via Z10 
    There's a thread for that... :-)

  Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....  
    tmf06 likes this.
    03-18-15 05:23 PM
    Tim Cook sounds like Legere (back then) now...

  Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....  
    03-18-15 05:26 PM
    What a load of cobblers, sod apple. Yes there a good company but not the only company, I love blackberry and they have made a good come back, especially with the passport.

Posted via BBPP
    03-18-15 05:49 PM
    Damn right lizzy well said. The hub is so. Great and blackberry as a whole is so much more productive than any phone company.

Posted via BBPP
    03-18-15 05:50 PM
    Damn right lizzy well said. The hub is so. Great and blackberry as a whole is so much more productive than any phone company.

Posted via BBPP
    BB10 is not only more productive, it's highly Intuitive, Intelligent, Fast, Smooth and offers the best Gesture experience ever.
    Home Button? Lol ya Apple can keep that irritating experience to themselves. LOL

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 06:00 PM

Posted via BBPP
    and the thing is: whenever I show friends my BB - and I "only" have the Z10 - they are amazed and impressed by the OS and the features and if I ask them, why they didn't consider a BB, they usually say, they didn't know they had new "real smartphones"
    It's like nobody actually knows that BB exists anymore. I know John Chen always stresses that they are not for mainstream customers and that BB has a really hardcore - small - user group but you can't live off a few hundred thousand/million people. They need to show the world that BB IS the better OS, better than Android and better than iOS (which, let's admit, is not that hard, even the iPhone 6 does not come with the newest technology and still, people wait in line for hours just to get their hands on those ridiculously overpriced phones.) I'm not saying that we need the easily impressed 14 year old customers and wannabe badass 20 year olds as customers but we do need more people who actually KNOW that BB is not stuck in the early '00s anymore!
    nt300 likes this.
    03-18-15 06:32 PM
    I know, right?!
    no seriously, I would never ever go back, I need my Hub! Life just doesn't make any sense without the HUB!!! <3

Posted via BBPP
    BB10 is not only more productive, it's highly Intuitive, Intelligent, Fast, Smooth and offers the best Gesture experience ever...

Posted via CB10
    Relax you guys, Chen has already made plans to bring the Hub and other BlackBerry software goodies multiplatform, so you'll be able to have your Hub on BlackBerry, Android, iOS, or WP! And what a beautiful world it will be...

See? There's nothing to worry about. :-)
    03-18-15 06:35 PM
    Are you irritated that there's no BlackBerry flagship all-touch? Or maybe it's creepy Google that has you climbing the walls? Well, your friends at Apple feel your pain and are willing to part with some of their hard-earned cash to make it easier for you to get yourself into a new iPhone 6 or 6+. Exit strategy, here you come.

That's right, Apple is rumored to be launching yet another trade-in plan for your BlackBerry or Android smartphones, because, uhm, why not??? Here's a link to the story: Apple will pay you to ditch your Android or BlackBerry smartphone - The Inquirer

Note: Windows Phones are apparently not invited, which ought to surprise no one, as even the brilliant minds at Apple can find no value in those devices. Pity that.

No details yet on what amounts various phones will be offered at trade, but I figure Apple doesn't have to offer too much to convince those who may be looking to leave their current ecosystem.

How do you guys think this promotion will impact BlackBerry at this stage of the game?
    If true, then this is their strategy to slow down the sale of Samsung's galaxy s6. Haha

People will get confused which one to get. Some will get iPhone and will get stuck in a 2 year contract and wont be able to get new Samsung.

Samsung and BlackBerry had a partnership.

Moto X 2k14 Posted via
    03-18-15 06:41 PM
    Relax you guys, Chen has already made plans to bring the Hub and other BlackBerry software goodies multiplatform, so you'll be able to have your Hub on BlackBerry, Android, iOS, or WP! And what a beautiful world it will be...

See? There's nothing to worry about. :-)
    to be honest, I don't think I would ever go back to an iPhone even WITH the possibility to have the Hub.
    It's like vegetarians or vegans who eat "pork" or "chicken" made out of soy and stuff like that. It almost tastes like the real thing but it isn't. So if I'm against eating meat, why would I want to eat something that TASTES like it?
    I also don't want to start a war about food and ppls preferences, everyone is entitled to eat whatever they want, I just thought it would be a good example on how I would feel about having an iPhone with a Hub

of course for the future and for survival everyone, not only BB will have to commit to multi platform support, even Apple is trying to spread to other platforms. In the end the customer decides, and if enough ppl want an iPhone with a Hub or a BB with iOS well then it's gonna happen eventually.
    03-18-15 06:48 PM
    and the thing is: whenever I show friends my BB - and I "only" have the Z10 - they are amazed and impressed by the OS and the features and if I ask them, why they didn't consider a BB, they usually say, they didn't know they had new "real smartphones"
    It's like nobody actually knows that BB exists anymore. I know John Chen always stresses that they are not for mainstream customers and that BB has a really hardcore - small - user group but you can't live off a few hundred thousand/million people. They need to show the world that BB IS the better OS, better than Android and better than iOS (which, let's admit, is not that hard, even the iPhone 6 does not come with the newest technology and still, people wait in line for hours just to get their hands on those ridiculously overpriced phones.) I'm not saying that we need the easily impressed 14 year old customers and wannabe badass 20 year olds as customers but we do need more people who actually KNOW that BB is not stuck in the early '00s anymore!
    I think they know about the new BlackBerry but they always think that it is idealy used for business personnel.

Moto X 2k14 Posted via
    03-18-15 06:48 PM
    I think they know about the new BlackBerry but they always think that it is idealy used for business personnel.

Moto X 2k14 Posted via
    I agree.
    Ironically most of their work phones are iPhones though granted they usually don't pick those themselves lol
    03-18-15 06:53 PM
    This is perfect. I trade in my Z30 for a brand new iPhone. Then sell it to buy a passport and classic for the same price? Winning?

Just kidding I would totally keep the iPhone
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    03-18-15 08:35 PM
    "Note: Windows Phones are apparently not invited, which ought to surprise no one, as even the brilliant minds at Apple can find no value in those devices. Pity that."

Ouch!!! all of the Windows phone users out will be upset about that comment, probably both of them.....lol
    They probably say the same thing about BlackBerry users.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-18-15 10:49 PM
    Are you irritated that there's no BlackBerry flagship all-touch? Or maybe it's creepy Google that has you climbing the walls? Well, your friends at Apple feel your pain and are willing to part with some of their hard-earned cash to make it easier for you to get yourself into a new iPhone 6 or 6+. Exit strategy, here you come.

That's right, Apple is rumored to be launching yet another trade-in plan for your BlackBerry or Android smartphones, because, uhm, why not??? Here's a link to the story: Apple will pay you to ditch your Android or BlackBerry smartphone - The Inquirer

Note: Windows Phones are apparently not invited, which ought to surprise no one, as even the brilliant minds at Apple can find no value in those devices. Pity that.

No details yet on what amounts various phones will be offered at trade, but I figure Apple doesn't have to offer too much to convince those who may be looking to leave their current ecosystem.

How do you guys think this promotion will impact BlackBerry at this stage of the game?
    I would rather use an old flip phone.
    nt300 likes this.
    03-19-15 12:19 AM
233 12345 ...