Well regardless of what people think Apple seems to be doing something right....

Apple Inc named world’s most valuable brand, surpassing Coca-Cola | Financial Post

here is the text:

Apple has unseated Coca-Cola as the worlds No. 1 brand, as the company founded by Steve Jobs is a leader in design, performance and focuses on customers, according to a study of the Top 100 brands by Interbrand Corp.

Apple Inc.s brand value jumped 28% to US$98.3 billion, Google Inc. is now in second place at US$93.3 billion, and Coca-Cola Co. has slipped from the top seat after 13 years to third place at US$79.2 billion.

Every so often, a company changes our lives not just with its products, but with its ethos, Jez Frampton, chief executive officer at New York-based brand consultancy Interbrand, said in a statement. Current Apple CEO Tim Cook has assembled a solid leadership team and has kept Steve Jobs vision intact a vision that has allowed Apple to deliver on its promise of innovation time and time again.

Related
    Apples iMac revamp: All-in-one desktop line now speedier than before
    Apple Inc says it sold record-breaking 9 million iPhone 5S and 5C handsets during first weekend
    Advertisement

The annual study, closely watched by the industry, determines a brands value by examining its financial performance, role in influencing consumer buying and ability to secure earnings. The Top 10 is rounded out in descending order by IBM, Microsoft, GE, McDonalds, Samsung, Intel and Toyota. The 100 companies on the Interbrand list have a combined brand value of US$1.5 trillion, an 8.4% increase from last year.

Technology names were among the biggest climbers. Googles brand value rose 34%, while Samsungs advanced 20%. Yahoo and BlackBerry fell off this years ranking. Nokia dropped to 57th place from 19th with the largest decline in brand value in the history of the 14-year study.

New names on the list include Discovery, Duracell and Chevrolet. The fastest-rising brands were Apple, Facebook, Prada, Google and Amazon.
    09-30-13 10:57 AM
    and they deserve it.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    09-30-13 11:02 AM
    Considering they partially base this apparently on a brands 'ethos' I'm surprised that Google is climbing. Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting ethos?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 06:59 PM
    Is this a joke? Apple is more valuable then Google? Whaaaat ahahaha? If apple is gone tomorrow I couldn't give a **** because there is no apple product out there that can do something others haven't tried. Now if Google was gone the Internet would never be the same!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 09:39 PM
    Well, any company that gets to this status must be doing something right, lol. I just wish BlackBerry would learn something from their wisdom. Sigh.........

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 09:52 PM
    Is this a joke?
    No. It isn't.
    Apple is more valuable then Google?
    Yes. It is.
    Whaaaat ahahaha? If apple is gone tomorrow I couldn't give a **** because...
    Doesn't matter. MY individual opinion doesn't either.
    Now if Google was gone the Internet would never be the same!
    Here I agree, but that really isn't the metric to judge this by.
    adiafzal likes this.
    09-30-13 09:58 PM
    It's simple. Take a generic smartphone or any technology product and put an Apple logo on it and it will sell at a premium price. Put a Google logo on it and it and people will wonder why it isn't free like everything else Google.
    09-30-13 10:07 PM
    It's simple. Take a generic smartphone or any technology product and put an Apple logo on it and it will sell at a premium price. Put a Google logo on it and it and people will wonder why it isn't free like everything else Google.
    Put a BlackBerry logo on it and people will assume for some reason that it wont work
    adiafzal and bigbmc26 like this.
    09-30-13 10:19 PM
    Hmmm... I agree that Apple deserves the status. I don't buy their products, but still deserved.
    There are no Google services that I use except Youtube either.
    kcstrike likes this.
    09-30-13 10:54 PM
    Well, a lot of folks out there own, or want to own, Apple i-products and Macs - so not surprising to see they're so successful. From personal experience, the MacBook Pro I use is the longest-lasting notebook computer I've had to date, and it survived a tour to Iraq and multiple drops, so I'm sold on the Macs.
    kcstrike likes this.
    10-01-13 12:01 AM
    Absolutely well deserved. I already thought they were for years now.
    10-01-13 12:03 AM
    Put a black berry logo on it and say coming soon...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 02:23 AM
    Top 3 For sure but Top 1? I don't know..

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 02:24 AM