04-26-14 06:10 PM
36 12
tools
    At best AAPL will win heart of media creators (yet difficult how they will place iPad as a necessity between Mac and iPhone) and BBRY in enterprise space.
    Is this a quote from 2010? LOL.
    04-24-14 11:41 PM
    "Whereas throughout 2011 Samsung sold just under a million tablets in the U.S"

Makes Playbook look less fail.
    Back in 2011, Samsung tablets were shipping with Gingerbread. Those tablets sucked, without a doubt. But since Android 4.x has been released, the Android tablet market has exploded.
    04-25-14 12:32 AM
    I think what it means really Is that tablets are not like the phone market at all!

Most people who have tablets that are even a couple years old will not desire an upgrade as much as a couple year old phone. Phone typically gets much more use and wear and tear so more quickly required to upgrade. Tablets could last year's before requiring an upgrade in hardware for the average user. Someone who has an iPad from 2 years ago won't need to rush out to buy one this year. And there was such a boom of sales the first years that most people have a tablet now that wanted or needed one and now they won't rush out to replace it until it breaks.

Posted via CB10
    This is true for me. As many phones as I buy, I've still got my iPad 3, which works perfectly on iOS7. No need to get a new one.
    When I get a new tablet it will probably be an iPad. I love the one I've got.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    04-25-14 02:29 AM
    Back in 2011, Samsung tablets were shipping with Gingerbread. Those tablets sucked, without a doubt. But since Android 4.x has been released, the Android tablet market has exploded.
    And yet .....

http://www.cultofmac.com/276061/ipad...mBrh8C7LOqZ.99
    04-25-14 07:07 AM
    Microsoft is being crashed in the tablet market. The Surface should be less dependent on seasonality being more oriented to productivity, and I'd expect strong growth from the contender. But Surface sales fell even more than iPad compared to the previous quarter.

Now I understand why Ballmer allowed the Office for iPad months before the Office for Surface (touch). The Windows tablet is agonizing, not as dead a BB10 yet, they still have a chance, but everyday the "window" of opportunity is smaller.

Microsoft is in similar trajectory than BlackBerry in devices, but they accepted the situation faster and they are adopting iOS and Android in all their units.
    04-25-14 09:33 AM
    And yet, web traffic has little to do with sales. Most people buy tablets to use APPS. Also, I'd submit that most Android users are likely to still have PCs, with much bigger screens, and use those for web browsing most of the time, reducing the need to browse on a tablet and its smaller screen. I know for myself, no tablet is going to equal my 27" monitor.
    04-25-14 06:08 PM
    And yet, web traffic has little to do with sales. Most people buy tablets to use APPS. Also, I'd submit that most Android users are likely to still have PCs, with much bigger screens, and use those for web browsing most of the time, reducing the need to browse on a tablet and its smaller screen. I know for myself, no tablet is going to equal my 27" monitor.
    iPad users are even more likely to have PCs.
    The iPad has better and more apps (optimized for tablets), so less incentives to access the web sites.

Units sold It's not the same as revenue, and It's not the same as usage. I think most of the android tablets sold are $70 models that are forgotten in a couple of weeks. You can see this in the web traffic after Christmas, Android jump heavily but after a few weeks It lost most part of the increase. The iPad fall after Christmas relatively much smaller.
    04-25-14 09:32 PM
    I use my iPad primarily in bed. I leave the laptop downstairs and I use the iPad upstairs. Shoppies!!!!
    Also use it for movies on the plane when I travel. Gets as much use today as when I bought it in 2012.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    04-26-14 09:13 AM
    I think what it means really Is that tablets are not like the phone market at all!

Most people who have tablets that are even a couple years old will not desire an upgrade as much as a couple year old phone. Phone typically gets much more use and wear and tear so more quickly required to upgrade. Tablets could last year's before requiring an upgrade in hardware for the average user. Someone who has an iPad from 2 years ago won't need to rush out to buy one this year. And there was such a boom of sales the first years that most people have a tablet now that wanted or needed one and now they won't rush out to replace it until it breaks.

Posted via CB10
    Unless it's a pb. I had to replace mine and soooo happy I did. Love my Toshiba Encore
    04-26-14 09:32 AM
    iPad users are even more likely to have PCs.
    The iPad has better and more apps (optimized for tablets), so less incentives to access the web sites.

Units sold It's not the same as revenue, and It's not the same as usage. I think most of the android tablets sold are $70 models that are forgotten in a couple of weeks. You can see this in the web traffic after Christmas, Android jump heavily but after a few weeks It lost most part of the increase. The iPad fall after Christmas relatively much smaller.

iPad is a higher, and therefore likely a more deliberate investment. I can grab a cheapo droid tablet quickly, but because I didn't pay much for it, it's no big deal if I leave it lying around.

The retina display on the new iPads is pretty neat. And so is the one on the Nexus 10. Both expensive, high end tablets, and therefore an investment and much nicer to use. Bing backgrounds on the Nexus are noooiiiiice....
    04-26-14 04:55 PM
    The ipad is going out of the business!