Apple iOS operating system found most immune to spyware attacks

Is this true? I thought BB is supposed to be most secure. I do not have any hacker knowledge. Can anyone enlighten me as to why this my be the case?
    systemvolker likes this.
    08-13-14 04:21 PM
    well BB10 isn't vulnerable to FinnSpy even though BBOS is. Keep in mind its one tool.
    08-13-14 04:23 PM
    It is also unclear as to whether FinSpy can breach the newer Blackberry BB10 operating system based off of QNX. As far as we know, older Blackberry's and Android smartphones are most vulnerable to such attacks.
    notafanboy likes this.
    08-13-14 04:31 PM
    I was now about to ask the same question (when the helpful title search informed me a similar topic was found).....

I saw an article on Digital life however here:

smh.com.au/digital-life/consumer-security/why-surveillance-companies-hate-the-iphone-20140812-1032na.html

Was really curious about this...
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 08-13-14 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Fixed link.
    08-13-14 07:45 PM
    Sorry but this is laughable. There is nothing spy ware free about Apple. The author of this article is living in a dream world with a pink colored sky. Just Google NSA and Angry Birds and read. Quite shocking at how easy it was for the NSA to follow/track mainly Apple consumers.

Posted via CB10
    Camelhmpz and MiSsY_ like this.
    08-13-14 10:56 PM
    I love how the article singles out BlackBerry in its very first paragraph, yet they say at the end that so far they have not hacked into BB10, and they show that a lot of other OS's have been hacked, like every modern Android version. But they still single out BlackBerry... Typical...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-14-14 01:59 PM
    We really don't know which OS has the most vulnerabilities. The main targets are usually the most popular OS like windows and android. I OS and bb10 are not bombarded with attacks because there isn't much of an incentive for attackers to.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 06:15 PM
    If anyone actually spends the time to read the FinSpy documentation it is clear that on BBOS it has to be installed like any other BBOS application. Of course once installed and given permission it is able to access all kinds of information, but the same can be said for iOS and Android. The application is clearly visible on the phone to the user and MDM administrators.

However on Android and versions of iOS with an untethered jail break it can be installed in an undetectable fashion. So which OS is more vulnerable?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 04:16 AM
    Apple iOS operating system found most immune to spyware attacks

Is this true? I thought BB is supposed to be most secure. I do not have any hacker knowledge. Can anyone enlighten me as to why this my be the case?
    Dude, this author is trying to sugarcoat apple.
    Don't believe on them. We have fact check.

And most of the people in this world are stupid. They believe what they see and hear in a heartbeat.

Lots of Bullsh*t today in media. All they want is money.
    It's hard to trust people these days. Even roommates screws another roommate up.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 11:08 AM
    better to report to fact check then

Posted via CB10
    saint613 likes this.
    08-18-14 10:17 AM
    Don't believe anyone is immune to spyware. Your best bet is a closed ecosystem.... which BlackBerry doesn't have.

If you only get apps from BlackBerry World and you limit what those apps can and can not do, you should be in pretty good shape. You live in Malaysia and follow the directions to use the 1Mobile App Store, and I really doubt you are immune.
    08-18-14 03:23 PM
    No system is 100% immune from spyware and/or hacks. Just today I read a big hospital management group was hacked and 4.5 million folks personal data is affected.

I read about stuff like this all the time and I am afraid it is getting more and more common. Bottom line is that if your are connected to the grid via internet and/or cellular net, you are subject to having your personal data hacked.

That's just the way it is in today's society with the technology these criminals have access to. My advice is quit worrying about it, look at you bank statements regularly and enjoy life. Added stress worrying about this type of thing only shortens your lifespan, just my two cents.

Sent using my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    08-18-14 04:48 PM