02-27-14 08:57 AM
87 1234
tools
    Meanwhile what did others announced

Better android than android. The future is black....
    The S5. It's completely different from the S4. It has a heart rate monitor and a cheaper plastic case. Whoa baby.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-25-14 04:53 PM
    They announced their low-end devices, people. If you're waiting for the high end products, that will be announced at a different event.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-25-14 05:43 PM
    Why would BlackBerry users want wearable? Why would business users want wearable? Why would enterprise users want wearable? Wearable? Seriously. Wth.

I would rather BlackBerry get back to update current hardware spec with the Q20, update a Z30x, Z3 and get huge traction with qnx into automobiles. Give me that in 2014 and i'll be seriously impressed. Preview a slider in q3 for a Xmas launch and call it a good year.
    02-25-14 05:46 PM
    Btw, what's this talk of Sony doing something interesting... aren't they dead yet lol. seriously, what are they up to with their phones??? I haven't seen anything in store promotions to indicate anything worthy of buzz...
    02-25-14 05:48 PM
    Btw, what's this talk of Sony doing something interesting... aren't they dead yet lol. seriously, what are they up to with their phones??? I haven't seen anything in store promotions to indicate anything worthy of buzz...
    Sony Xperia M2 hands-on | Android Central
    Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet first look | Android Central
    Sony Xperia Z2 hands-on | Android Central
    Sony announces Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet and mid-range M2 at MWC 2014 | Android Central
    wincyUt likes this.
    02-25-14 05:50 PM
    Oh btw, it's not good to bash any platform or phone or device. BlackBerry users don't like it either.
    02-25-14 06:20 PM
    About the only worthwhile thing I got out of today's news is that the 10.2.1 MR (25xx and up) is probably going to show up in April. Maybe 10.2.2 with the Q20 in the second half of the year.

I was hoping for something about a 8974 full-touch phone by early 2015, so news about a trackpad QWERTY and a new Curve aren't exactly my cup of tea.
    Whattt??? I don't remember reading about 10.2.1 MR

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:27 PM
    The S5. It's completely different from the S4. It has a heart rate monitor and a cheaper plastic case. Whoa baby.
    That's it? S5 only ?

Better android than android. The future is black....
    02-25-14 06:30 PM
    Ya to announce they are focusing on cheaper sub par devices and stepping back in time.... Great stuff. Do you hear Samsung saying "yes we are going to make cheaper phones with less specs than anyone out there AND going to go back to the original S series phone to make all our older and past consumers happy" .... Nope, they announce a bigger screened, faster, heart monitoring, finger print reading device as will Apple...those companies are moving forward with high tech advancements. We have some darn good devices in our line up that are already produced...should have at least attempted to bring them up to today's specs... That's all.
    After all the hype I sure hope the Q20 is the right decision and is a well built beautiful looking phone with awesome specs.... Otherwise we are jus the poor kids on the side of the court with a deflated ball.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    Presses the *beeep* button.

Yes, Samsung did. Sony did, And few other high profile tech companies did, for previous MWC sessions.
    02-25-14 06:34 PM
    Not disappointed at all.
    BB is finally learning to manage expectations.
    Chen said not to expect much, so I didn't expect much.
    And they didn't announce much.

It could be a blip on the radar, or it could be that Chen knows how bad of form it is to over-promise and under-deliver like past BB execs have done...
    southlander and JeepBB like this.
    02-25-14 06:40 PM
    and yet "quite a few people" that doesn't have an iPhone 5S or C seems to be having bug issues with BBM. I will get flamed for this but everyone that i know (real world example) that has a iPhone 5,4,4S is having issues with their BBM due to bugs and battery drain. Sure people will say no not true (in fact i know someone will reply to this and say I'm lying theirs works fine) but for the mass population is having those issues with 4,4S and 5 believe it or not.

Those bugs need to be addressed first before any new project gets started. BBM is it's own sector now, what are they doing all day? These independent Devs like telegram for example: 5million downloads in a day with cross platform which they haven't been working on for the past 10+years like blackberry and they are just as far as BBM cross platform within a couple weeks being on the market. The funny thing is: this app is non profit so most likely this is a side project for the 2 devs vs Blackberry employees who are getting paid.

WP should have came already and all bugs for all devices should have been fixed (Android and Blackberry's seem to be flawless) Video should have already been launched to all 3 of those platforms. At this point the BBM team should be concentrating on BBM PC client like they have given us a preview of in the past and which should be launching this summer. Blackberry is way too slow and they have no breathing room to be messing around at this point of time.
    You do raise some good points. BlackBerry certainly does need to improve the cross-platform BBM experience. But I'm optimistic that they will get there. The first couple versions of WhatsApp were absolutely horrible, but they managed to improve it and grow their subscriber base to 450 million. I do believe that if BBM continues to improve, they too will be able to increase their subscriber base.

I understand where you are coming from when you mentioned that BBM should already available on Windows phones and that cross-platform BBM video calls should already be available. BlackBerry definitely has a lot if work to do, but I do believe that under CEO Chen, they are moving in the right direction.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    02-25-14 06:42 PM
    Whattt??? I don't remember reading about 10.2.1 MR

Posted via CB10
    Well, Jakarta has 10.2.1, it's coming out in April and the fact that people are spotting 10.2.1.25xx/26xx/27xx OSs. They're developing something, and until they say otherwise I'll call it the 10.2.1 MR.
    02-25-14 06:54 PM
    Well, Jakarta has 10.2.1, it's coming out in April and the fact that people are spotting 10.2.1.25xx/26xx/27xx OSs. They're developing something, and until they say otherwise I'll call it the 10.2.1 MR.
    I do like that:P

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:00 PM
    I was expecting a Blackberry Blend announcement, 10.3/10.2.2 roadmap or something to get people excited like Q20 spec sheet.

I might be a downer but I love the Blackberry events where they announce something huge. I've been behind Blackberry for at least 10 years since it's in my home city (Waterloo). I try to contribute as much as possible.

Non of these announcements are worth while to the average person.

People who want trackpads is such a minority unless they put it into the space bar which would be cool and/or the "multi-function" keyboard. But the rest of the "Belt" is useless on BB10 it's all just 1 swipe away... Trackpad + BELT is not the only reason why people from BBOS7 have moved on or stayed on their Legacy Blackberry.

If they use BBOS7 devices selling better then BB10 that is because it's dirt cheap and probably the most simple OS to use. BIS+50-100mb data =golden. That is a terrible argument.

The only good announcement that happened today was the BES. It's a step forward to get everyone on the most current BES with an upgrade.

Z3 is awesome too but will not help first world countries perspective of Blackberry and BlackBerry will continue to sink. BBOS7 will continue to sell better because of compressed data, less then 200$, easy OS; in third world countries.

They need some innovative ideas. Look at Sony's show that was amazing, you go any any tech forum/reddit and look at the hype of new and improved Sony. Even Samsungs was pretty brutal.
    It's taking Blackberry too long to turn ideas into a product which is the reason why blackberry is falling behind in the first place. Ex Blend!!
    Listen listen listen people calm down,!!!! Here's the deal.. Blackberry released a new Operating system aka BB10 With BB10 they released 3 devices. 3 devices with a fresh new concept and the ability to put android apps onto it.. The market, and the adoption of BB10 was met with joy from a pool of loyalists but that was it The adoption stopped there For many power users, they balked at the idea of the new OS because it lacked features that made power users happy.

Long story short BB10 was still not attractive to the 1st world because blackberry's name was tarnished and lack of a real marketing strategy.. In 2nd and 3rd worlds, it wasn't attractive because it was out priced. Android had the start up market on lock, which is where they stole the power from Apple Blackberry has shifted its focus on the market that android has had a stronghold The market that wants a smartphone but can not afford one I for one like that approach for now "Gettem early, gettem often" Blackberry has done the reckless roadmap thing, it doesn't serve them to release a flagship phone that will just fall on deaf ears. The street loves it, and thats where blackberry needs to point its attention. They can't waste money right now, and they are doing what they should have done a year ago.
    02-25-14 07:02 PM
    It was good to see the news of their acknowledgment of WP

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 08:07 PM
    On the one hand people are demanding road maps, on the other hand they're complaining that BlackBerry should stop announcing things as "coming soon",which is precisely what a road map is.

You can't please everybody.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt, CDM76 and Nharzhool like this.
    02-25-14 09:09 PM
    On the one hand people are demanding road maps, on the other hand they're complaining that BlackBerry should stop announcing things as "coming soon",which is precisely what a road map is.

You can't please everybody.

Posted via CB10
    very true my bad, I guess i'm just one of those roadmap people :P
    02-25-14 11:07 PM
    The problem is you are comparing apples to apples which it's really apples to oranges. BB10 is nothing like BBOS7 especially a cheap full screen touch.
    NAILED IT!

BBOS IS nothing like BB10.

This is my theory of dinosaurs I mean People. It is mine and belongs to me.

Ahem.

People like familiar things and really different interesting things.

BBOS devices were different and interesting in 2004, then became familiar.

Then iPhone came and was new and interesting then People decided to set aside the familiar BBOS devices and migrate to the new and interesting.

iPhone and Android stay new and interesting with new apps and OS updates.

BB10 is not interesting and different enough to get iOS and Android users to abandon what is both (by now) familiar AND interesting to them. EDIT but in some was it is different in an unpleasant way (gestures, no home button, missing apps)

Sadly BB10 is not familiar or interesting enough to get BBOS users to migrate either.

Adding the Belt may make BB10 familiar enough and interesting enough to get lots of BBOS users to migrate.

Belted BB10 may be different and interesting enough to get some Android and iOS users to try it, once BlackBerry Ltd. doesn't seem to be on the verge of bankruptcy.

EDIT: And once more users are on BB10, more different and interesting and also familiar and interesting apps will come to BB10, which will make BB10 devices both more interesting in good familiar ways and also more interesting in good different ways.

That is my theory about dinosaurs I mean People.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 02-26-14 at 04:12 PM.
    Eupathic Impulse likes this.
    02-25-14 11:18 PM
    Not disappointed at all. I didn't let myself get caught up in all the crazy rumours and unrealistic expectations. They took the Z3 from theory to working model in 3 months, that's insanely fast. It was great to hear that they're bringing BBM to Windows Phone (clearly listening to consumers) and that they're taking their promised focus on enterprise seriously. Announcing a new high end device was a bonus surprise for me because, like I said, I didn't buy into the rumours.

Look what other platforms did. Samsung announced the S5 which is less of an upgrade over the S4 than the Z30 was over the Z10. Nokia is releasing an Android phone which will probably be pulled once Microsoft completes its acquisition. Nothing new or revolutionary from anyone. Relatively speaking, I'm quite impressed with BlackBerry. Name me one company in the mobile world that has advanced more than they have in the last year. If anything, they've raised our expectations too much.
    02-26-14 12:22 AM
    it is not about phone this year for BB. BB keep it down in hardware business but still monitoring Z3 and Q20 perform in thr market

it is all about BES and BBM ...2 things people want from BB. if i BB investors i will be thrilled with this news, it means BB get their priority straight...software first, hardware second
    02-26-14 12:26 AM
    I guess but that's where the roadmap comes in. We as blackberry enthusiasts would like to know what's next? We are basically all they got as of now, give us a list of things that you are working on for the next OS or app(wallet, file manager cloud extended and etc) or blend. Grab our attention.

I'm not expecting them to fly to the moon or burn billions on advertising/R&D.
    So say they released a road map and had to delay a planned release. What then? Everyone gets up in arms and says "typical BlackBerry " and then complain how bad BlackBerry is. By NOT giving us a road map we have no such time line expectations. It's as much about managing people's expectations as anything.

Internally I'm sure they have goals, timeliness and projected end dates. Just because it's not on a sexy graphic doesn't mean they don't have a "road map " to follow.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:48 AM
    Too much worry involved in this thread! Quit acting like the CEO, leave the worrying to Mr. Chen, I'm sure he's not worrying but that's why he's the CEO.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    02-26-14 01:19 AM
    They actually announced more than I thought they would. Granted it's coming later then I would like but none of it was intended for me anyway as I see it.
    It really was great news as I did wonder what generational design will procede forward after the Q and Z series?
    BlackBerry has the standard on keyboard functionality I would like to see a BlackBerry with qwerty with a larger screen.

Posted Via CB10/SQN100-3 on official 10.2.1.537/1925
    02-26-14 01:50 AM
    Yes, you might be disappointed but remember: BlackBerry ain't rich no more

They've got to pick their battles well...

Posted via CB10 | Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    02-26-14 03:12 AM
    The OP wants a roadmap?

Why? So when BlackBerry cancels a device or changes something, everyone can scream "BLACKBERRY LIED! FIRST THEY DELAYED BB10, THEN NO BB10 ON THE PLAYBOOK, NOW THIS!"

Roadmaps have never been offered by BlackBerry. They've been leaked. BlackBerry needs to manage expectations, and that's exactly what they're doing. There's no "Z3 launching in select markets," it's "Z3 launching in Indonesia in April."

As a BlackBerry fan, I'd love to be excited about the Z3. But I'm not. It's low end and not even for the U.S. Would I have wanted to see the Q20 there? Definitely, but my guess is that its design isn't finalized, they were just saying, "We've heard your complaints and are bringing you what you want later this year."

I love these types of threads. All they show is that you really can't please everyone. Some people will just never be happy.

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    02-26-14 04:13 AM
87 1234