Hi,

It's been a while since I've posted, really hope those of us in the Northern hemisphere are enjoying the summer months. For me here in the states it's been a good summer. On the phone side, I'm neutral, leaning towards the side of frustration. I'm not here to beat a dead horse; just to see if anyone actually has some new info I, and people who might be in the same boat as me, can find useful. (There are definitely some people in the same boat, I BBM 3 of them everyday).

1. Any credible news about a new flagship, FULL TS device coming to N.America/Europe? My guess is we've been abandoned (which honestly, might make sense financially, in regards to hardware... might not). But I sure would like to replace my Z10, with something shiny, upscale, AND new (I don't want a Z30). Has there been a yes, or no statement on this by Blackberry - it's kind of not fair to loyal users. At this point I almost feel like I'm being held hostage, bound by my loyalty & hope. Obviously I can leave at my own will, & get a new phone - trust me, I contemplate it often. I've been eligible for an upgrade via VZW since June 3rd. Loyalty & hope have kept me here, however, I don't want stupidity to further my suffering.

Since the VZW update:

SMS - which used to be damn near perfect has become almost, 'shady' for lack of a better word. I can't quite put my finger on it, but SMS is just not trustworthy for me anymore. Recipients don't always receive, in entirety, and, when I send messages. It lags, like really lags. sometimes I type in the message, just to see that the text box has stopped registering what I'm typing... I have to then wait for it to catch up. In addition to that, sometimes I have to hit send multiple times.

Battery Life - man, this one hurts; especially when I think back to my 8830 days. I carry 2, & sometimes 3 batteries. I secretly change them when nobody is looking, or when I'm around people who won't make fun of me. Battery life is horrible - the 2 extra batteries are under 5 mos old. I've become a wall hugger, not in the sense of always having to charge my battery - but being held captive by horrible battery life. A prisoner without a cord.

ETC - there are other issues, but the 2 above are the most important. I have work-arounds that keep my Z10 functional, but how much longer will I have to do some of these things?

I know some people will come and tell me to leave... if that's what I wanted to do, I'd have done it. Some people will ignore the fact that I want a new phone, that's a Full TS, and tell me to get a Z30, or a Passport they've missed the point. I'm not here to bad mouth BB, hell, I have shares. I just want to know some things, I want answers. I'm reaching out to the community in frustration wondering if I'm the only one, yet hopeful good answers are on the way.

*Now would be a perfect time to release a killer phone. I feel like the media, and people in general are truly convinced we no-longer exist. I don't get looks from random people anymore when I pull out my phone, just jokes from my friends, who know my struggles. At least with them there are still things I can do, that they can't. But for how much longer will that be the case, with a phone 2yrs old?

** Sorry for any misspellings. I have a splint on my left hand. 2 broken fingers.

Signing off,
    Hank
    08-04-15 01:16 PM
    I read the thread title, immediately said to myself "this will be yet another thread about a new flagship full-touch BB10 phone", clicked on it anyway and seen that my gut was correct!

On topic - it seems that the overwhelming vast majority of smartphone users don't want a third option. BlackBerry 10 could be the greatest OS ever created and it could be ran on the greatest mobile hardware ever and the resulting phone would still be a flop simply because almost everyone on this planet is perfectly happy with either iOS or Android.

I don't think it is right, and it is sad that that there isn't more competition in the marketplace, but it is what it is.

BlackBerry was arrogant and foolish to believe that the world wanted another option. Microsoft is learning that lesson as well.

BB10 had years to catch on. It didn't. Putting BB10 on better hardware won't change the fact that BB10 isn't either iOS or Android.
    jas1978 and H_O_Boomaye like this.
    08-04-15 04:06 PM
    OP - I am also on VZW, and I decided to make the jump from Q10 to Z30. My best friend here has a Z10. Two points I will offer:
    1) Z30 is a fantastic and legitimate upgrade from Z10 (and Q). Is there a reason you're not giving it a chance? Everything is better. The screen is great. The sound is amazing. The battery life is unbelievable. It packs a quad core GPU which is an ENORMOUS upgrade for gaming; I play every game I can get my hands on now and they run flawlessly.
    Now - All this being said - No, the specs are not at the level of say, the LG G4, but why is that critical?
    I personally still prefer my Q for typing, but the best part is - I can just switch back and forth between the phones depending on what I have going on.
    2) I have also noticed a host of unresolved bugs, as have various VZW users apparently, since 10.3. Reloading the OS didn't help. Not sure what the deal is on this one. Have you tried contacting BB online support?
    I am annoyed by BBM displaying the message "There are no recent feeds" when minimized to name just one.

Posted via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    08-04-15 06:46 PM
    I'm waiting for a full touch screen to
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    08-10-15 06:21 AM
    The fact that you won't upgrade to a z30 or passport, both of which would solve all the annoyances you have right now, makes me wonder what you're asking for here.

A new 'flagship 'all touch is going to be exactly a z30 save for slightly faster performance and most likely a better camera and screen. The OS will remain the same. Stop wasting your time, get a used z30 from less than $200 and you'll see what you have been missing.

When the slider comes out you can upgrade to that and never pull out the keyboard.
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    08-10-15 06:38 AM
    Hi,

It's been a while since I've posted, really hope those of us in the Northern hemisphere are enjoying the summer months. For me here in the states it's been a good summer. On the phone side, I'm neutral, leaning towards the side of frustration. I'm not here to beat a dead horse; just to see if anyone actually has some new info I, and people who might be in the same boat as me, can find useful. (There are definitely some people in the same boat, I BBM 3 of them everyday).

1. Any credible news about a new flagship, FULL TS device coming to N.America/Europe? My guess is we've been abandoned (which honestly, might make sense financially, in regards to hardware... might not). But I sure would like to replace my Z10, with something shiny, upscale, AND new (I don't want a Z30). Has there been a yes, or no statement on this by Blackberry - it's kind of not fair to loyal users. At this point I almost feel like I'm being held hostage, bound by my loyalty & hope. Obviously I can leave at my own will, & get a new phone - trust me, I contemplate it often. I've been eligible for an upgrade via VZW since June 3rd. Loyalty & hope have kept me here, however, I don't want stupidity to further my suffering.

Since the VZW update:

SMS - which used to be damn near perfect has become almost, 'shady' for lack of a better word. I can't quite put my finger on it, but SMS is just not trustworthy for me anymore. Recipients don't always receive, in entirety, and, when I send messages. It lags, like really lags. sometimes I type in the message, just to see that the text box has stopped registering what I'm typing... I have to then wait for it to catch up. In addition to that, sometimes I have to hit send multiple times.

Battery Life - man, this one hurts; especially when I think back to my 8830 days. I carry 2, & sometimes 3 batteries. I secretly change them when nobody is looking, or when I'm around people who won't make fun of me. Battery life is horrible - the 2 extra batteries are under 5 mos old. I've become a wall hugger, not in the sense of always having to charge my battery - but being held captive by horrible battery life. A prisoner without a cord.

ETC - there are other issues, but the 2 above are the most important. I have work-arounds that keep my Z10 functional, but how much longer will I have to do some of these things?

I know some people will come and tell me to leave... if that's what I wanted to do, I'd have done it. Some people will ignore the fact that I want a new phone, that's a Full TS, and tell me to get a Z30, or a Passport they've missed the point. I'm not here to bad mouth BB, hell, I have shares. I just want to know some things, I want answers. I'm reaching out to the community in frustration wondering if I'm the only one, yet hopeful good answers are on the way.

*Now would be a perfect time to release a killer phone. I feel like the media, and people in general are truly convinced we no-longer exist. I don't get looks from random people anymore when I pull out my phone, just jokes from my friends, who know my struggles. At least with them there are still things I can do, that they can't. But for how much longer will that be the case, with a phone 2yrs old?

** Sorry for any misspellings. I have a splint on my left hand. 2 broken fingers.

Signing off,
    Hank
    Short answer: nope, no credible news regarding a new full touch premium device.
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    08-10-15 06:58 AM
    The fact that you won't upgrade to a z30 or passport, both of which would solve all the annoyances you have right now, makes me wonder what you're asking for here.

A new 'flagship 'all touch is going to be exactly a z30 save for slightly faster performance and most likely a better camera and screen. The OS will remain the same. Stop wasting your time, get a used z30 from less than $200 and you'll see what you have been missing.

When the slider comes out you can upgrade to that and never pull out the keyboard.
    I am sure that I missed out on that grossly underspecced device.
    Such a beautiful 295 ppi display it has, with that incredibly nice 720p resolution.
    The dual core CPU performance allows it to leapfrog... Well... The Z10! Yes, it leapfrogged that one.
    A worst in class leading camera. Not to forget the 4-5 generation old GPU!

Yeah, you're right, I missed out on so many great things when I refused to let BlackBerry steal me blind with their initial price tag.

The Passport sadly has a 1:1 screen and a 3 row keyboard. One of them would be enough to not make me buy the device...
    Both together just made the Passport one of the worst purchases I ever made, and I returned it within 1 week (my IT department killing off the BlackBerry support enterprise wide, didn't exactly make me want to keep that phone either).

So, the Passport at least has the raw specs, but executed in a poor form for everyone who likes touchscreen phones or keyboard phones with a normal 4 row layout.

Buying a slider, if you don't want to type on keys is just idiotic and a money waste. 99.8% of the market buys touchscreen only devices. It's not hard to figure out what form factor is needed right now.
    The suggestion of buying the slider without using the keyboard, is a fanboy delusion. Nobody in their right mind will do that, just because there is a BlackBerry logo on the phone (obviously fanboys are excluded here, as fanboy logic is not rational).

Buying a Z30 nowadays....
    No thanks, I don't need a downgrade to my current phone.
    (of note: I am a fan of the slider. I actually love sliders. I will surely buy the slider if the specs are adequate and it has a normal touch sensitive 4 row keyboard. But your reasoning is just so incredibly flawed, that it needed to be pointed out.)

In case of you wondering, no, I am not the OP you originally responded to.
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 08-10-15 at 07:49 AM.
    techvisor and H_O_Boomaye like this.
    08-10-15 07:28 AM
    I am sure that I missed out on that grossly underspecced device.
    Such a beautiful 295 ppi display it has, with that incredibly nice 720p resolution.
    The dual core CPU performance allows it to leapfrog... Well... The Z10! Yes, it leapfrogged that one.
    A worst in class leading camera. Not to forget the 4-5 generation old GPU!

Yeah, you're right, I missed out on so many great things when I refused to let BlackBerry steal me blind with their initial price tag.

The Passport sadly has a 1:1 screen and a 3 row keyboard. One of them would be enough to not make me buy the device...
    Both together just made the Passport one of the worst purchases I ever made, and I returned it within 1 week (my IT department killing off the BlackBerry support enterprise wide, didn't exactly make me want to keep that phone either).

So, the Passport at least has the raw specs, but executed in a poor form for everyone who likes touchscreen phones or keyboard phones with a normal 4 row layout.

Buying a slider, if you don't want to type on keys is just idiotic and a money waste. 99.8% of the market buys touchscreen only devices. It's not hard to figure out what form factor is needed right now.
    The suggestion of buying the slider without using the keyboard, is a fanboy delusion. Nobody in their right mind will do that, just because there is a BlackBerry logo on the phone (obviously fanboys are excluded here, as fanboy logic is not rational).

Buying a Z30 nowadays....
    No thanks, I don't need a downgrade to my current phone.
    (of note: I am a fan of the slider. I actually love sliders. I will surely buy the slider if the specs are adequate and it has a normal touch sensitive 4 row keyboard. But your reasoning is just so incredibly flawed, that it needed to be pointed out.)

In case of you wondering, no, I am not the OP you originally responded to.
    You're a fool in the regard that, as I mentioned, the z30 resolves all issues the OP had. Don't know what your issues are.
    You owned a passport for a week ? Was it significantly faster than the z30 you never owned? With double the specs? Not to mention it's not a phone for everyone, though once I got used to it I could not imagine using a device less wide.
    Have you ever seen the z30 screen in person ? Numbers don't speak a whole lot. The iphone 5 shipped with barely 300ppi, never heard anyone say it had a terrible screen.
    The z30 has best in class battery, speaker quality, microphone quality and reception, miracast, usb otg, and I'm sure plenty more features I've forgotten. Bb10, even with the android runtime, runs extremely well on it. Having both I can guarantee even double the specs on the passport has only a marginal increase in speed. Android apps run decently on either, not to mention the runtime only has access to 2 cores and not the 4 cores of the passport so there's almost no difference in that regard.

The initial price tag was insane though. I'll agree with that. But the phone is actually great which is why people still buy it to this day.
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    08-10-15 09:24 AM
    "I have an iPhone 5s but I want an iPhone with a better/bigger screen, better battery, better camera, and better processor but I refuse to get the iPhone 6 because it's not what I want. Why can't I just get a premium version of the 5s? I want a better iPhone 5s!!"

I hear that all the time from customers and it irritates me to no end. I'll give you the same answer I give them.

You have exactly what you're looking for as an option--the only option you have right now, but for some reason you have decided you don't want it. Sorry. Nothing we can do for you.

If there's a new all touch BB10 phone coming it won't be until mid-late next year and most likely won't be flagship. It'll be like another Z30 with an actual name with last year's specs to keep it just current enough to last another two-three years. BB10 doesn't need monster specs to function well so I expect the touch series to be mid range until the end.

Posted via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    08-10-15 02:06 PM
    I read the thread title, immediately said to myself "this will be yet another thread about a new flagship full-touch BB10 phone", clicked on it anyway and seen that my gut was correct!

On topic - it seems that the overwhelming vast majority of smartphone users don't want a third option. BlackBerry 10 could be the greatest OS ever created and it could be ran on the greatest mobile hardware ever and the resulting phone would still be a flop simply because almost everyone on this planet is perfectly happy with either iOS or Android.

I don't think it is right, and it is sad that that there isn't more competition in the marketplace, but it is what it is.

BlackBerry was arrogant and foolish to believe that the world wanted another option. Microsoft is learning that lesson as well.

BB10 had years to catch on. It didn't. Putting BB10 on better hardware won't change the fact that BB10 isn't either iOS or Android.
    I agree with you and the points you've brought up. I do want to ask, putting those things aside - why with an update should the functionality/dependability of a good phone decrease?

I understand my experience might differ from most, but it's the only experience I can speak on - so I post my opinion based on such.

BlackBerry as an organization made a lot of big mistakes; over & underestimating different segments of smartphone users.

Thanks for your comments though. I like hearing other people's thoughts.
    08-11-15 03:43 PM
    OP - I am also on VZW, and I decided to make the jump from Q10 to Z30. My best friend here has a Z10. Two points I will offer:
    1) Z30 is a fantastic and legitimate upgrade from Z10 (and Q). Is there a reason you're not giving it a chance? Everything is better. The screen is great. The sound is amazing. The battery life is unbelievable. It packs a quad core GPU which is an ENORMOUS upgrade for gaming; I play every game I can get my hands on now and they run flawlessly.
    Now - All this being said - No, the specs are not at the level of say, the LG G4, but why is that critical?
    I personally still prefer my Q for typing, but the best part is - I can just switch back and forth between the phones depending on what I have going on.
    2) I have also noticed a host of unresolved bugs, as have various VZW users apparently, since 10.3. Reloading the OS didn't help. Not sure what the deal is on this one. Have you tried contacting BB online support?
    I am annoyed by BBM displaying the message "There are no recent feeds" when minimized to name just one.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your thoughts - much appreciated. The main reason I'm not giving it a chance - personal selfishness/pride. I'm not rich man, but a cell phone is one of the few luxuries I can afford to buy premium, when I want. I like that privilege. I want a newer phone, not just a new to me phone, but preferably new to market. In all honesty, I like some of the new gimmicky things. I'd love to have a phone that is water-resistant; it's a feature that's been out for a while now. I'd love to have a wireless charging dock. I'd like to have a 20+ mp camera. Again, I know all these things don't make the 'phone', but they're available on a lot of competitors & I'd love to be able to have them on BB. I personally don't play many games on my phone, I use my PS4. But all your points are very valid, I'm not trying to ignore any of them.

Typing was once the best thing on my Z10. I preferred it to my work 'apple device'. But since the upgrade it's almost as if I can't type anymore. The swipe function goes haywire. I've had to explain some of the most unfortunate/ironic words in my messages, that I definitely didn't mean to use. But oh well.

Z30 might be an option I guess, but it will have to be compared hand to hand with whatever else catches my eye at the time.

Thanks for your comments.
    08-11-15 03:56 PM
    I'm waiting for a full touch screen to
    How long are you willing to wait, and what do you use currently - as a daily driver?
    08-11-15 03:57 PM

Thanks. I guess that makes sense. But to me, that is exactly some of what the problem is.

Upgrade to a Passport, not really an option - because I 'want' a TS.
    Upgrade to a Z30, yes, this is an upgrade over the Z10. But it neglects that I asked/want to know when are we getting a New Flagship Touch device. Yes, I get it, I can get a new phone and be rid of my Z10. But I want to know if I have something to look forward to. It's a lot easier to buy a 2yr old phone as a replacement, if I know for a fact that something better is on the horizon, at least that's how I see it.

The only problem I know for sure would be addressed with getting a Z30 is my battery issue. I don't know for sure that SMS, autocorrect etc wont be an issue since they'll be on the same OS, on the same network.

What I asked was simple, A new flagship touchscreen. Not like I'm asking them to reinvent the smartphone. I'll have to look into the slider and see if it's as good as a lot of people think it will be.

Thanks
    08-11-15 04:03 PM
    Thanks for getting straight to the point.
    08-11-15 04:04 PM
    Thank You!
    08-11-15 04:06 PM
    "I have an iPhone 5s but I want an iPhone with a better/bigger screen, better battery, better camera, and better processor but I refuse to get the iPhone 6 because it's not what I want. Why can't I just get a premium version of the 5s? I want a better iPhone 5s!!"

I hear that all the time from customers and it irritates me to no end. I'll give you the same answer I give them.

You have exactly what you're looking for as an option--the only option you have right now, but for some reason you have decided you don't want it. Sorry. Nothing we can do for you.

If there's a new all touch BB10 phone coming it won't be until mid-late next year and most likely won't be flagship. It'll be like another Z30 with an actual name with last year's specs to keep it just current enough to last another two-three years. BB10 doesn't need monster specs to function well so I expect the touch series to be mid range until the end.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your response - this was expected.

You know what else is irritating? When people name only a few things that 2 devices have in common, and then try to say someone is irrantional, etc for not wanting to 'take' what you're force feeding them.

Maybe I didn't mention it in my original post, I don't write for a profession so I don't always articulate what I intend to.
    However,.. I would like a 'new phone'.

The example you use works to an extent, yes. The Z30 is a bigger phone, slightly newer, better in many capacities, but no, it's no.
    The Iphone 6 came out maybe a year and change at the most after the Iphone 5. We don't even have a rumor of a new FS touch device. I don't want a new old phone, so yes, maybe I'm irritating. I would like a New, New Phone; or to at least be told it ain't coming.

In addition, yes, specs & gimmicks aren't everything. But you know what happens with gimmicks? They become standard. I'd love to have a 15+mega pixel camera, wireless charging, water resistance, maybe even a fingerprint reader, 'fast charging' - all this stuff is becoming industry standard.

So nah, I don't have exactly what I'm 'hoping'/looking for.

However, your last paragraph, now that to me is good information. Thank you.
    454vette likes this.
    08-11-15 04:19 PM
    How long are you willing to wait, and what do you use currently - as a daily driver?
    I currently own a z30 and I'll wait another year or two max
    08-16-15 04:48 PM