11-06-14 09:09 AM
110 ... 2345
tools
    Interesting, and not what VZW tells you. Wouldn't using the Sim card in another phone violate your contract?

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.3253/3182 Radio
    The contract is there because you got the phone cheap for that account. It doesn't matter what phone is there but as long as you pay off the contract.

I switch between phones on my Verizon account all the time just by swapping the sim card.

All I want for Christmas is a Passport
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-14-14 07:36 PM
    Well this looks promising. The other phones you swap with also have to be Verizon models, right? Do you use the same BBID on all phones too?

The contract is there because you got the phone cheap for that account. It doesn't matter what phone is there but as long as you pay off the contract.

I switch between phones on my Verizon account all the time just by swapping the sim card.

10-15-14 10:14 AM
    Well this looks promising. The other phones you swap with also have to be Verizon models, right? Do you use the same BBID on all phones too?

Yes and yes.
    Ragbert likes this.
    10-15-14 02:19 PM

Yes and yes.
    10-15-14 03:54 PM
    Attachment 300560

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure why but I have a little crush on her!
    10-16-14 04:49 PM
    Not her again! Hahaha

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 07:03 AM
    I'm not sure why but I have a little crush on her!
    As you should, she's hot!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    10-22-14 08:27 PM
    Are you implying that the Verizon customer should just insert the Verizon SIM card and begin using the Passport? Because, for the millionth gazillionth time, the US CDMA carriers do not use or support SIM cards.
    My Verizon Z10 has a Micro-Sim card in it....?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 12:27 PM
    My Verizon Z10 has a Micro-Sim card in it....?

Posted via CB10
    It does if you're getting LTE. If you're not, get one.
    10-29-14 12:40 PM
    Passport is nano though.
    10-29-14 05:15 PM
    Passport is nano though.
    So cut the SIM.....?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:37 PM
    Verizon doesn't use the sim for basic voice but, for LTE, they are matching the rest of the world. Once they get Voice over LTE, they can start using the same devices as everyone else. The Passport does not have CDMA, so it won't work for basic voice on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 06:13 PM
    You could cut the SIM, but others have claimed something is blocking the use of LTE band 13 even though Verizon is legally obligated to allow the Passport on that channel because the feds had strings attached.

I am not sure what the deal is, but Verizon better figure it out because BlackBerry people are a powerful minority. We get things done and I know lots of lawyers with a BlackBerry!
    10-29-14 08:47 PM
    They have the Z30 back online for sale. I thought they canceled it.
    10-29-14 08:50 PM
    Yeah same here. That is a good sign!
    10-29-14 08:56 PM
    Verizon doesn't use the sim for basic voice but, for LTE, they are matching the rest of the world. Once they get Voice over LTE, they can start using the same devices as everyone else. The Passport does not have CDMA, so it won't work for basic voice on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    This is a straight up lie. Since LTE has rolled out to devices, their phones have acted just like every other phone. Pull out your SIM, and you'll lose ALL service. Put it in a new Verizon device, and you'll get your service in that phone.
    10-29-14 09:04 PM
    But you don't know the details. They could have exclusivity for 3 months. Telus is the exclusive carrier for only 7 days.

So don't give up hope. I would have thought Verizon had more enterprise customers than any but maybe not.
    True . Exclusive does not have to be forever. I mis spoke.
    10-29-14 10:04 PM
    Yeah same here. That is a good sign!
    Something's cooking...
    so we hope for all CB folk on Verizon... :-)

? ? ? Qchen ? ? ?
    10-30-14 01:52 AM
    I talked with a Verizon Corporate Regional Rep a few weeks ago.... She said the Z30 was still an active item, that it was just on backorder. She indicated it was very popular among their corporate users, and they had see sales of both the Z30 and Z10 increase a lot. She didn't think the Q10 was selling very much at all, but the 9930 was still selling better than all of them. So from that I think BES conversion is working! But I also think that for the most part people don't want a QWERTY device....

But she did not believe they would be carrying the Passport. She know they had tested it, but there were issues with the software and it was not believed that it would sell well enough to justify them carrying it. Of course that could change....
    11-03-14 03:20 PM
    I talked with a Verizon Corporate Regional Rep a few weeks ago.... She said the Z30 was still an active item, that it was just on backorder. She indicated it was very popular among their corporate users, and they had see sales of both the Z30 and Z10 increase a lot. She didn't think the Q10 was selling very much at all, but the 9930 was still selling better than all of them. So from that I think BES conversion is working! But I also think that for the most part people don't want a QWERTY device....

But she did not believe they would be carrying the Passport. She know they had tested it, but there were issues with the software and it was not believed that it would sell well enough to justify them carrying it. Of course that could change....
    Well Verizon clearly screwed up on that one....
    Unless waiting for VoLTE isn't really that big of a deal.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 11:24 PM
    Well Verizon clearly screwed up on that one....
    Unless waiting for VoLTE isn't really that big of a deal.

Posted via CB10
    How did they screw up?

They have a number of VoLTE devices... some even BlackBerries. They just aren't ready to go full VoLTE yet, so they are limiting the devices that can use VoLTE (no BlackBerries yet). With plans to expand the network capabilities and maybe by 2016 they will have VoLTE only devices. But unless you are a Verizon Customer that gets a LTE signal all the time... you realize that this is still a new technology that will take time to get fully implemented. And I don't know of anyone else with the LTE coverage that Verizon has.... so who is doing a better job?

Unless you are saying not carrying the Passport was a mistake... that remains to be seen as we don't know the real production/sales numbers.
    11-04-14 09:53 AM
    How did they screw up?

They have a number of VoLTE devices... some even BlackBerries. They just aren't ready to go full VoLTE yet, so they are limiting the devices that can use VoLTE (no BlackBerries yet). With plans to expand the network capabilities and maybe by 2016 they will have VoLTE only devices. But unless you are a Verizon Customer that gets a LTE signal all the time... you realize that this is still a new technology that will take time to get fully implemented. And I don't know of anyone else with the LTE coverage that Verizon has.... so who is doing a better job?

Unless you are saying not carrying the Passport was a mistake... that remains to be seen as we don't know the real production/sales numbers.
    I was talking about them thinking it would have very low sales....
    It seems to be selling pretty well to me but we are not totally sure yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 11:35 AM

Like I've always said, there will not be a vzw based passport. It would have to go through the FCC channels again and that takes months to do. Give them three months for fcc approval then three months after for labeling, boxing, shipping, etc.

I always thought the software excuse is BS. Every single OS has the same framework. VZW has always given that excuse for every single OS update with BlackBerrys but yet iPhones can have final say on its OS and VZW can suck on it.

11-04-14 12:26 PM
    Like I've always said, there will not be a vzw based passport. It would have to go through the FCC channels again and that takes months to do. Give them three months for fcc approval then three months after for labeling, boxing, shipping, etc.

I always thought the software excuse is BS. Every single OS has the same framework. VZW has always given that excuse for every single OS update with BlackBerrys but yet iPhones can have final say on its OS and VZW can suck on it.

POWER - Apple is in the driver seat, they negotiated with Verizon (Verizon begged) for the iPhone. If BlackBerry had a product that was in demand then they could negotiate a similar update process.

Also Verizon is a huge company... they have almost 100 Million subscribers. Personally I can understand why they do things differently than most of the carrier in the world that are MUCH, MUCH smaller.
    11-04-14 01:56 PM
    For what it's worth, I was just chatting with a Verizon salesperson online, through their website. I asked if they were going to carry the Passport and she said "Yes, it releases next month". I took a screen shot of the conversation but don't know how to attach it to my post. If this is true, I'll be upgrading my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 02:32 PM
110 ... 2345