With all the new features that have been added post BlackBerry 10, I think BBM Money has kind of gone dark. Does anyone have any info? The pilot program was in Indonesia, maybe someone on the forum was involved and could say how it was going?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 02:19 PM
    Yeah anybody in Indonesia can update us?

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 03:05 PM
    Something I want on my bbm

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-21-14 03:06 PM
    I think it's coming, consumers are going to need to purchase things from the BBM store somehow

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 03:19 PM
    I think it's coming, consumers are going to need to purchase things from the BBM store somehow

Posted via CB10

In app purchase...

- Developer of PinGuin
    02-21-14 04:10 PM
    BBM is a separate department now, they are pushing out features way too slow. I don't know what they are doing.

It's not like the updates are perfect either. For my BB10, BBOS, Android it's golden but people that I know who are using an iPhone under 5S it drains battery and buggy.

We hear of all these big things but it took them for ever just to release voice to everyone which I was expecting video to come with it.

They need to speed it up, to keep up with the KIK and Whatsapp (especially since facebook now owns it) updates...
    02-21-14 06:03 PM
    BBM is a separate department now, they are pushing out features way too slow. I don't know what they are doing.

It's not like the updates are perfect either. For my BB10, BBOS, Android it's golden but people that I know who are using an iPhone under 5S it drains battery and buggy.

We hear of all these big things but it took them for ever just to release voice to everyone which I was expecting video to come with it.

They need to speed it up, to keep up with the KIK and Whatsapp (especially since facebook now owns it) updates...
    IMessage hasn't added any features since it started 3 years ago...

- Developer of PinGuin
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    02-21-14 06:42 PM
    BBM needs to deliver video fast, people are starting to notice bbm on iPhone and Android but if they don't step up from the competition they will return to WhatsApp and the other messaging service they already are confortable with. One update that really helped was finding friends already on BBM it reduced complains of not being easy to add contacts, voice is nice and useful but video is a most to compete, also needs to increase the size of video that can be sent, some times I have to send the video through WhatsApp due to its to big for BBM.

Posted on my flagship Z30 10.2.1.2141
    02-21-14 07:20 PM
    IMessage hasn't added any features since it started 3 years ago...

- Developer of PinGuin
    iMessage is just a fancy way of SMS for iPhones only. I wouldn`t compare iPhone to Blackberry anyways. No matter how much BB10 gets better and kills iPhone in many categories they will break another record in sales.

I`m not here to bash, if you see any of my previous posts I`m pro blackberry.

I`m pretty sure Apple doesn`t have a department/sector dedicated to iMessage; like Blackberry has with BBM since Chen. I was happy when Chen did that but I was also expecting faster updates.

A better comparison would be skype/hangouts/whatsapp/KIK etc.

Hopefully at MWC they have a trick up their sleeves.
    02-21-14 07:23 PM
    Thanks for hijacking my thread and making it about something that it wasn't meant to be about. BBM sour face.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    02-21-14 08:57 PM

Yup, you're right. Sadly BlackBerry is too busy goofing around in Indonesia. And I've got nothing against Indonesia... but anybody who thinks that's the most important market is simply delusional.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-21-14 09:07 PM
    i'm from indonesia

while lot of people drop BB phone (from 37% marketshare to 14% marketshare) but lot of people still choose BBM as their main IM

BBM Money it is DOA (Dead on Arrival)...there are no buzz and ads for BBM Money, never see any merchant accepting payment with BBM Money, and it is only being supported by medium scale Bank (Permata) not the large one

Yup, you're right. Sadly BlackBerry is too busy goofing around in Indonesia. And I've got nothing against Indonesia... but anybody who thinks that's the most important market is simply delusional.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    yeah...maybe Indonesia is not the most important market. but in other largest population country BB have less than 1% (China, india, US), and in total worldwide sales they only have 0.6% marketshare last quarter...at least even if it is keep dropping 14% marketshare in indonesia is good enough for BB.
    02-22-14 12:31 AM
    Can anyone give us a brief description on how BBM Money work or at least how to use it. Thanks.

Then the rest I would probably be able to figure out.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 03:32 AM
    Can anyone give us a brief description on how BBM Money work or at least how to use it. Thanks.

Then the rest I would probably be able to figure out.

Posted via CB10
    From what I understand it lets you transfer money from within BBM
    02-22-14 01:36 PM
    From what I understand it lets you transfer money from within BBM
    Is it via BBM message or something?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Something like thay, I', not too sure how it worked.
    02-22-14 02:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Us north American people don't exactly know how it works, but to us it seems like a payment method similar to PayPal but on BBM.

Indonesian people on the forums would be able to tell you what it is exactly

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 05:06 PM