Haven't seen it on the forums, if another thread exist please close.

Citing SA:

BlackBerry buys cyber security consultancy

Feb 24 2016, 07:53 ET | About: BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY) | By: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor

BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) has acquired U.K.-based cyber security consultancy Encription, moving the company deeper into the services business as a software-focused entity.

The purchase will bring a team of about 40 cyber security professionals, who have helped test network vulnerabilities for both government agencies and large corporate entities, into the BlackBerry fold.

In September, the company agreed to buy security software maker Good Technology for $425M. That deal came soon after its acquisition of privately-held AtHoc, a provider of secure, networked crisis communications.

One of the last BlackBerry aficionados in PR. Passport island life.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-25-16 06:28 AM
    Nice find. I had not read about it either, and here is Reuters link with a bit more commentary:

BlackBerry buys cyber security consultancy; moves deeper into services | Reuters
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-25-16 06:37 AM
    Chen has a goal...... and he is willing to spend the needed cash to attempt to reach that goal.

Sadly that doesn't included marketing for the PRIV. But the software side of things is starting to shape up.
    jas1978 likes this.
    02-25-16 07:50 AM
    Nice find. I had not read about it either, and here is Reuters link with a bit more commentary:

BlackBerry buys cyber security consultancy; moves deeper into services | Reuters
    Thanks for extra info.

02-25-16 08:42 AM
    Looks like Chen plans to monopolize the Mobile Cyber Security business.
    02-25-16 09:55 AM
    Love how this is news in the forum before it is on CB.
    brian4591 likes this.
    02-25-16 10:03 AM
    Article February 24th. By Bla1ze

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-exp...urity-services

Posted via CB10 - Z10 /STL100-3/ 0S10.3.2.2474
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-25-16 10:23 AM
    Article February 24th. By Bla1ze

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-exp...urity-services

Posted via CB10 - Z10 /STL100-3/ 0S10.3.2.2474
    I feel dumb now. I read that one while working yesterday. My bad for doubling posts.

02-25-16 10:59 AM
    I think security is going to become a major issue not only for the corporate folks, but also at the consumer level. I know a lot of folks out there think the average consumer doesn't care about device security.

Well, that's not all that accurate. Most folks here in the USA feel as long as it doesn't affect them directly and/or happens in their back yard, they could care less.

With all the global events and more and more sophisticated computer systems being hacked or breached and the latest issue with Apple and the government over privacy has raised a few eyebrows here.

I have always believed that if I build a good fence and do things to keep those little bugs and critters from destroying the things I cherish BEFORE they are allow to infest themselves, I keeps me sane and allows me to focus on the important things in life.

I think Chen has invested allot of cash into security released software companies and might be on to something here. Only time and future global events will determine if he made the right choices?
    02-25-16 03:32 PM
    The software side of things is surely shaping up bit by bit. Hope they do thrive and keep inovating on the security front of things

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-25-16 06:51 PM
    I think security is going to become a major issue not only for the corporate folks, but also at the consumer level. I know a lot of folks out there think the average consumer doesn't care about device security.

Well, that's not all that accurate. Most folks here in the USA feel as long as it doesn't affect them directly and/or happens in their back yard, they could care less.

With all the global events and more and more sophisticated computer systems being hacked or breached and the latest issue with Apple and the government over privacy has raised a few eyebrows here.

I have always believed that if I build a good fence and do things to keep those little bugs and critters from destroying the things I cherish BEFORE they are allow to infest themselves, I keeps me sane and allows me to focus on the important things in life.

I think Chen has invested allot of cash into security released software companies and might be on to something here. Only time and future global events will determine if he made the right choices?
    Security.... has been what would save BlackBerry for as long as I've been here - eight years now. Back then Android was brand new, and a security mess.... yet somehow it has gone on to dominate the market.

Chen's problem in the EMM/Software market is that the EMMs that are becoming more popular are the ones that offer more than just basic EMM solutions. I think Chen knows that to succeed, BlackBerry has to be able to offer IT more than just one solution.

But who really cares.... most of us aren't EMM users, and most of us were only here for the hardware. I wish BlackBerry well, and hope they are able to make a go of it in software. As it's pretty clear too me that Chen is not staying in the hardware business...
    02-26-16 02:00 PM
    I feel dumb now. I read that one while working yesterday. My bad for doubling posts.

Not dumb if people find it useful, and linking the story in your thread gets more people to look at the story, so don't be so hard on yourself. Made a title edit to clarify what the thread is about, though.
    02-27-16 12:05 AM
    One of the most important aspects of Encription's business is the company's ability to track down hackers. Encription has a Forensic Services practice that, in addition to working to minimize the damage hackers cause, is also capable of determining how they gained access to the network. The practice can also determine, in some cases, where the attack came from. With Encription's help, BlackBerry is now in the business of hunting down hackers.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 07:19 AM
    Love how this is news in the forum before it is on CB.
    But hey, newest article is about saving 50% on screen protectors.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 09:53 PM