09-27-14 01:08 PM
201 ... 23456 ...
tools
    "Look at our awesome new flagship phone! Now ignore it completely while we show you the flagship we're introducing next spring!"

Not gonna happen.
    Ummm that's what happened with Z10 and Q10 lol

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 03:59 PM
    I use to be excited for BB Blend but then when I heard that it would be a separate client install and not through the browser, I was disappointed.
    Gerii likes this.
    09-23-14 04:05 PM
    I don't know why you people come up with all these crazy expectations only to be disappointed when they don't happen.

Obviously Blend will be the reveal as it's never been officially mentioned and anything else would have leaked. Maybe BBM 3.0 for iOS and Android with native interfaces and BBM Meeting for video since we know this is a product.
    09-23-14 04:06 PM
    BB10 has always been available for licensing by other manufacturers, but there's a HUGE problem: anyone else who makes a BB10 phone will lose the right to Google Play for their Android phones.

So, anyone who makes Android phones would have to walk away from that business to build BB10. I can't see that happening anywhere, can you?
    I've never actually heard of this. What companies were even discussing using BB10 for their own branded handset, OEMs that don't have their own Android like Pegatron/Foxconn?

I agree with the many posts that Blend will be debuted. A few members here have had access to previews so it follows that it will make the stage tomorrow.
    09-23-14 04:12 PM
    It's really discourging that BlackBerry is making the passport the flagship, i mean they should have released an all touch with it to..

Posted via CB10
    Different question, different thread.

There have already been two full-touch BB10s, and neither of them exactly lit up the market. Some of us think it's cool that they're trying something out of the box this time...
    09-23-14 04:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Bit of a different situation, and that's all due to a fairly significant communication blunder on Heins' part.

Back at BlackBerry World in 2012, Thorsten Heins showed off the new virtual keyboard for BB10. It was a very cool demonstration, and actually seemed to back up the claim that BlackBerry was going to produce "the best virtual keyboard ever" (spoiler: they did). Trouble was, there was absolutely ZERO mention of a keyboard phone, and many media outlets--including reputable ones like the New York Times-- reported that BlackBerry was abandoning physical keyboards. And the market took it really badly, too. I think the stock lost close to 10% that day, just on that news.

Heins had to hastily make the point the next day that there would also be a physical keyboard BB10 phone as well.

The trouble is, that "BlackBerry is ditching keyboards!" meme carried on all summer, to the point where Heins really had to show the Q10 at the Z10 launch.

I think Heins had a lot of strengths, but he definitely could have used some media coaching.
    09-23-14 04:36 PM
    I've never actually heard of this. What companies were even discussing using BB10 for their own branded handset, OEMs that don't have their own Android like Pegatron/Foxconn?

I agree with the many posts that Blend will be debuted. A few members here have had access to previews so it follows that it will make the stage tomorrow.
    Heins said on several occasions that BlackBerry was open to licensing BB10, and I assume that they would welcome such a deal now. Nobody's hammering on their door, but maybe in a few years...

In a sense, the Z3 really strikes me as kind of a licensing deal with Foxconn, tbh. BlackBerry isn't making a ton of money off it, and Foxconn is really assuming at least some of the risk.
    09-23-14 04:41 PM
    Slider!!! Visa / Victoria...

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 04:45 PM
    Major acquisition, or BlackBerry being bought.

BB10 made available for free to other mobile phone manufacturers.

Posted via CB10
    I think this would be huge now that they have amazons app store manufactures might want to jump on board since it has the eco system they have been wanting. I guess we will see tomorrow!
    09-23-14 04:47 PM
    I hope it's a licensing. I don't see why not.

BB10 is still here, it's improved and has a bigger app selection. All that wasn't the case back in 2013.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 04:57 PM
    Unlikely that there will be any big news that we at CrackBerry don't already know about.
    09-23-14 05:08 PM
    Could be the OP is stringing us along or how about Microsoft Office for BB10.
    chabouma likes this.
    09-23-14 05:13 PM
    Most of us have accepted there will be no big reveals, but one odd thing is, how everything else is already pretty much revealed.

The pics, the OS, the locations, the prices all well in advance of the official launch, and some even by Chen, he was a little premature especially with the pricing being lower than usual that I hope he isn't going for a Heins special launch whereby he rehashes stuff we all (including the media) know about.

Posted via CB10
    abwan11 likes this.
    09-23-14 05:14 PM
    Most of us have accepted there will be no big reveals, but one odd thing is, how everything else is already pretty much revealed.

The pics, the OS, the locations, the prices all well in advance of the official launch, and some even by Chen, he was a little premature especially with the pricing being lower than usual that I hope he isn't going for a Heins special launch whereby he rehashes stuff we all (including the media) know about.

Posted via CB10
    Truth be told We and the Interested Media know but lets face it, that is a relatively small group.

For the most part the rest will be learning of most of this for the first time...
    09-23-14 05:23 PM
    Truth be told We and the Interested Media know but lets face it, that is a relatively small group.

For the most part the rest will be learning of most of this for the first time...
    True, kind of but truth be told again, i think *we* and our beloved *media* are the only ones who will hear/see what BlackBerry has to offer, i really do not expect any heavy marketing/advertising for "the rest", but... I really hope I'm wrong and the rest do see all this for the first time.

It would make a great change to hear about BB10 from someone other than me, likelihood? Well, only a day to go

Posted via CB10
    stealthbob likes this.
    09-23-14 05:26 PM
    I'm hoping it is the announcement of a new all-touch model! The successor to the Z30!
    09-23-14 05:30 PM
    No more Blackberries in the USA

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:31 PM
    Netflix will finally launch a native app.
    09-23-14 05:35 PM
    There is an article online that the Classic will be co-released:

http://m.christianpost.com/news/blac...watch--126878/

Why not? LOL.

Of course, this is still a longshot.

Z-30 / STA100-5 / 10.3.0.1154 / T-Mobile USA
    09-23-14 05:40 PM
    No no. It's the new Z50 that's the secret. Also. They'll be pushing out 10.3.1..

*VI* Posted Via CB10 on my Z10*VI*
    09-23-14 05:46 PM
    Let's not stretch the truth. There was a delay with the U.S. launch, absolutely. But people in the UK could buy Z10 the next day and in Canada, the next week with many other countries quickly thereafter.
    09-23-14 05:48 PM
    Classic software was delayed, the Classic is jot coming out tomorrow...

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 05:51 PM
    BTrouble was, there was absolutely ZERO mention of a keyboard phone
    Qui?
    Another Big reveal tomorrow-blackberry-10-launch-event.jpg

In pictures: BlackBerry 10 launch - Mobility - Software - Photo Galleries - CRN Australia
    09-23-14 05:52 PM
    Qui?
    Different events.
    09-23-14 05:54 PM
    Bbm video chat available to all platforms

Posted from my powerful tool Z30.
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    09-23-14 05:56 PM
201 ... 23456 ...