09-09-14 09:49 PM
94 ... 234
tools
    Is someone still saying blackberry has "never" been hacked??

Not true folks.
    Other than one story about NSA hacking legacy devices by tricking the user into installing an unapproved app from a non-BB source u have never been able to find any evidence for BlackBerry is hackable.

If you have links to reliable stories from reliable reporters please post them here so we can all see for ourselves.

Z10
    09-09-14 05:39 AM
    Other than one story about NSA hacking legacy devices by tricking the user into installing an unapproved app from a non-BB source u have never been able to find any evidence for BlackBerry is hackable.

If you have links to reliable stories from reliable reporters please post them here so we can all see for ourselves.

Z10
    Wasn't the Z-10 hacked through a carrier backdoor?

That one's been covered here quite a bit too.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-09-14 06:02 AM

I believe a vulnerability was discovered and quickly patched before being exploited.

Z10
    09-09-14 06:08 AM
    I believe a vulnerability was discovered and quickly patched before being exploited.

Z10
    I believe so too. Still,....the point stands. No?

09-09-14 06:10 AM

Yes, due to a third party software vulnerability that BlackBerry had allowed root access for carrier updates. This wasn't just BlackBerry either. Of course, in hindsight, BlackBerry, and others, should have scrutinized that software before allowing it access but it wasn't a break in the OS itself.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-09-14 06:40 AM
    I'll give you 1/3 of a point on that but it's misleading because no hack occurred and I do not equate a quickly patched but unexploited vulnerability to a hack.

By comparison, look at the most recent iCloud massive breach of users "private" files which was most definitely an exploited vulnerability.

Z10
    09-09-14 06:44 AM
    I get the comparison, and Apple is certainly to blame for not having rate-limiting in place, but I think iOS itself is very secure.

But I was just pointing out that BlackBerry CAN be exploited.
    09-09-14 06:50 AM
    I get the comparison, and Apple is certainly to blame for not having rate-limiting in place, but I think iOS itself is very secure.

You can still jail brake an iPhone. Show me how to hack a BlackBerry today. With my current official OS.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-09-14 07:47 AM
    You can still jail brake an iPhone. Show me how to hack a BlackBerry today. With my current official OS.

Posted via CB10
    I'd like to see that, too. No starting a flame here, just out of curiosity.

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    lift likes this.
    09-09-14 08:16 AM

Yes, it is. iOS is definitely very secure. Not as secure as BlackBerry, that's for sure, but still very secure. It's used by many security conscious companies such as Ericsson.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    09-09-14 08:57 AM
    Yes, it is. iOS is definitely very secure. Not as secure as BlackBerry, that's for sure, but still very secure. It's used by many security conscious companies such as Ericsson.

IOS has had many security issues...just take a look at all the lock screen bypass' that were found and could be executed by unskilled people like myself...loved showing these to my friends when they popped up.

Try a Google search for IOS security vulnerabilities and have a read.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 09:29 AM
    IOS has had many security issues...just take a look at all the lock screen bypass' that were found and could be executed by unskilled people like myself...loved showing these to my friends when they popped up.

Try a Google search for IOS security vulnerabilities and have a read.

Posted via CB10
    I'm aware of its issues. Still very secure overall and trusted by many security conscious companies.

09-09-14 09:55 AM
    Now who is ignoring inconvenient facts?

IOS has had huge security holes in its software, to the point that it is on equal footing with Android (malware excluded).

Android, iOS and BlackBerry are all used by security conscious companies....it doesn't mean that one isn't hands down more secure than the others.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-09-14 09:59 AM

At best I would say that for a very brief period in the past that BB10 could have been hacked by a skilled/determined person but it didn't happen.

Z10
    09-09-14 10:11 AM
    He said, she said, you said, they said.

I said ...
    Discuss the topic and stop the bickering and attacking each other.
    [WARN]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and dont get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If youre on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they wont be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/WARN]
    09-09-14 11:21 AM

Enjoy

Actually I referenced cases of iOS being insecure, like lock screen bypass, issues with unencrypted email attachments, backing up to a cloud service that can be brute force hacked. One only needs to look to Google for 5 minutes for countless examples. Are these not security issues? And I'm not even counting all the NSA back door shenanigans that are rumored.

EDIT: Self edited for politeness.
    Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    09-09-14 11:36 AM

Enjoy

lift likes this.
    09-09-14 11:42 AM
    and...

enjoy.
    lift likes this.
    09-09-14 11:47 AM
    Enough. Of. This.
    mornhavon likes this.
    09-09-14 09:49 PM
94 ... 234