09-09-14 09:49 PM
94 1234
tools
    Why is it so difficult to get proof of this?

Posted via CB10
    Little interest? Hard to say.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to actually prove unhackable either.
    09-07-14 01:21 PM
    Little interest? Hard to say.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to actually prove unhackable either.
    I'm not making the claim it is unhackable. I'm saying no one can show me it being hacked.

The sun comes up every day... I don't have to prove it will continue to rise. BlackBerry hasn't been hacked.... I don't have to prove it's unhackable...

There is ample evidence of other platforms being hacked. BlackBerry has been around for years, and it has been used by the most prominent businesses and governments around the world.... so let's not fool ourselves into thinking there isn't interest in hacking it.

Right now I'm seeing hacking a BlackBerry being the equivalent of going to mars... sure the US government may be able to do it, if they throw a ton of resources at it... but there is zero chance of Joe public doing it.

I'm waiting patiently for someone to show me how to hack my BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 04:04 PM
    I'm not making the claim it is unhackable. I'm saying no one can show me it being hacked.

The sun comes up every day... I don't have to prove it will continue to rise. BlackBerry hasn't been hacked.... I don't have to prove it's unhackable...

There is ample evidence of other platforms being hacked. BlackBerry has been around for years, and it has been used by the most prominent businesses and governments around the world.... so let's not fool ourselves into thinking there isn't interest in hacking it.

Right now I'm seeing hacking a BlackBerry being the equivalent of going to mars... sure the US government may be able to do it, if they throw a ton of resources at it... but there is zero chance of Joe public doing it.

Posted via CB10
    Yes you do. Prove it to me. You keep demanding video proof that it is hackable. I want video proof it isn't.

Stop arguing semantics. BlackBerry is obviously more secure than other platforms. However, that doesn't mean that the others are lax on security or easily hackable by the average person.

If you want to keep arguing the point then I want video proof that BlackBerry isn't hackable.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    09-07-14 10:13 PM
    Yes you do. Prove it to me. You keep demanding video proof that it is hackable. I want video proof it isn't.

Stop arguing semantics. BlackBerry is obviously more secure than other platforms. However, that doesn't mean that the others are lax on security or easily hackable by the average person.

If you want to keep arguing the point then I want video proof that BlackBerry isn't hackable.

This is a foolish stance. I'm asking for proof BlackBerry is like other platforms. You're asking for proof of being unique.

I can propose necessary content for the proof I seek.... yet the proof you seek has no criteria.

Compare it to asking for proof of God. I ask for proof god exists... you say he doesn't. People can argue over this point forever.... but here's my point:

Belief in any one deity has no significant impact on the outcome of one's life other than the influence on one's actions due to the moral guidance of the scripture presented by the historical references of their beliefs. People of all faiths have equal chance of success and failure in the world, and religious belief has no impact other than internal psychological impact of perceived affect.

Knowing "faith" has no influence over my life allows me to make sound logical choices, regardless of my religion. This scientific method of fact searching leads us to discoveries and establishment of knowledge for the benefit of future generations. It's serves no purpose to argue with you, other than to satisfy my own process of thought, and re-confirm that my logic is sound for my own benefit. Thank you for your help.

It's simple. I have IOS devices that are jail broken.
    I have android devices that are rooted.

I do have several BlackBerry devices. I can't alter the software from BlackBerry. I'm waiting for someone to show me how.

Please... cb community... reach out to every one you know... and find someone who can tell me how to root / jail break / hack / crack / or otherwise alter my BlackBerry!

Simply asking me to prove it can't be done, is the equivalent of asking me to prove I didn't kill someone. The burden of proof is in the process of proving an event took place. (or can happen). There is an endless supply of events I haven't done to prove. There is a limited supply of things I have done. It's obvious which is easier to prove. I seek proof of a specific event. Any solid evidence will suffice. ANY

Posted via CB10
    09-07-14 11:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't saying you were asking for that. I was merely making a comment that too bad in this case it isn't practical to prove something by demonstrating the opposite.
    09-08-14 08:32 AM
    It is reported that NSA can do it. You should email them and ask for the video evidence.

Though, they might not send you the video. If they don't, you should take that as proof that even NSA can't hack BB. After all, if you can't trust the government, who can you trust.

It was reported here, and in many other places.

http://crackberry.com/report-claims-...ndroid-and-ios
    Last edited by JeepBB; 09-08-14 at 02:53 PM.
    09-08-14 09:00 AM
    It is reported that NSA can do it. You should email them and ask for the video evidence.

Though, they might not send you the video. If they don't, you should take that as proof that even NSA can't hack BB. After all, if you can't trust the government, who can you trust.

It was reported here, and in many other places.

http://crackberry.com/report-claims-...ndroid-and-ios
    If this is possibly a built in back door, it isn't hacking. It's authorized access.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 10:57 AM
    If this is possibly a built in back door, it isn't hacking. It's authorized access.

Posted via CB10
    I'm confused.

So BB have allowed the NSA to build a back-door into their devices?

Aren't BB all about security?

Like I say, you should ask NSA how they did it. How can it hurt?
    09-08-14 11:43 AM
    Did it occur to you that they never even bothered to consider trying a BB due to it's low popularity? There's a saying someone coined recently about BB and WP not being targeted by hackers for the same reason there are few developers for them - low popularity. The saying was security by obscurity is no security at all.

You're welcome:
    Is Blackberry ?NSA-proof?? Don?t bet on it - National | Globalnews.ca
    This was the same theory for Mac os years ago, now because of its popularity rise for the coolness it's getting hacked just as much.

Blackberry was the popular status before the iPhone, and it was never hacked or cracked. If you know different, provide proof but to this day, popular or not it still has not been hacked like the others.
    09-08-14 11:52 AM
    But macs were never used in government or by banks.

BlackBerry has been this whole time. It's not about popularity. It's about value. BlackBerry has always had high value customers.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 12:35 PM
    Playbook has had its boot loader unlocked.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-08-14 07:11 PM
    Its called dinglenuts or something.

09-08-14 07:11 PM
    Its called dinglenuts or something.

Dingleberry

Sent from my White Q10 using Tapatalk
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-08-14 07:12 PM
    Playbook has had its boot loader unlocked.

If I recall, that was a pre release os, and none of the subsequent official releases had that vulnerability.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 08:56 PM
    [sarcasm]Yes it hurts me a lot because of all my Android devices.[/sarcasm]

It hurts you that BlackBerry is doing so poorly due to all of it under delivering products, so you continue to talk about BlackBerry security. It's all BlackBerry has left, and clearly isn't enough. Truth hurts doesn't it.

What? I didn't buy a BlackBerry because they sell a lot of devices. I don't care how many they sell or don't sell. I'm not a sheeple. I bought a BlackBerry for it's security and privacy. Security is all BlackBerry has left?? Security is what BlackBerry has been about all along. LOL, you didn't know that?? LOL.
    09-08-14 10:20 PM
    [sarcasm]Yes it hurts me a lot because of all my Android devices.[/sarcasm]
    Well you are a member of android central and you post there. So I assume you posses android devices.
    09-08-14 10:21 PM
    What? I didn't buy a BlackBerry because they sell a lot of devices. I don't care how many they sell or don't sell. I'm not a sheeple. I bought a BlackBerry for it's security and privacy. Security is all BlackBerry has left?? Security is what BlackBerry has been about all along. LOL, you didn't know that?? LOL.
    Lol is the standard posting of a person who doesn't have a valid arguments to make.

09-08-14 10:23 PM
    I'm with the OP. Unless there are white papers or videos showing a BlackBerry being hacked, then it is safe to assume that it has never happened.
    09-08-14 10:24 PM
    Well you are a member of android central and you post there. So I assume you posses android devices.
    Yes I have one Android tablet. Which I use to watch movies on airplanes. So it "hurts" me that they are so easily hacked. Somebody could see all of movie rips.

09-08-14 10:25 PM
    I'm with the OP. Unless there are white papers or videos showing a BlackBerry being hacked, then it is safe to assume that it has never happened.
    Lol is the standard posting of a person who doesn't have a valid arguments to make.
    My statement was valid. So what is your point?
    09-08-14 10:26 PM

No it isn't.

09-08-14 10:26 PM
    No it isn't.
    All you are doing is trying to start an argument with someone and I'm not going to risk getting in trouble here because of your remarks. I'm done with you.
    09-08-14 10:29 PM

All you are doing is trying to start an argument with someone and I'm not going to risk getting in trouble here because of your remarks. I'm done with you.
    When you make comments like, "The truth hurts doesn't it?" you are the one looking for an argument.

09-08-14 10:31 PM
    I post here. I don't own any blackberry devices.

"Mobile Nations" man!!
    09-09-14 04:04 AM
    Is someone still saying blackberry has "never" been hacked??

Not true folks.
    09-09-14 04:06 AM
94 1234