AnandTech | A quick look at Blackberry 10.2 and web browsing performance on Z10

I was pleasantly surprised by this as I found the coverage of BlackBerry on the mainstream and top tech sites was severely lacking or more like BB10 and BlackBerry were being completely ignored except for the bad news of course. Even though the benchmarks could be called into question given all of the cheating we've read about and the article neglects to mention the benefits of the Z10's high web standards compliance (which might mean it's actually doing more rendering work per page than the competition), I found the comments section particularly interesting especially the tone of praise and general satisfaction of actual users of the devices. This could be a spark of hope that helps ignite a turnaround. When the techies at Anandtech.com start saying good things about a product then other techies take notice and they talk to their friends and families and so on. Let's hope we see more coverage like this and BlackBerry starts to nail the critics with products that will make them unable to say "but" after anything positive.

Posted via CB10
    southlander and needforbbx like this.
    10-29-13 02:19 PM
    AnandTech | A quick look at Blackberry 10.2 and web browsing performance on Z10

I was pleasantly surprised by this as I found the coverage of BlackBerry on the mainstream and top tech sites was severely lacking or more like BB10 and BlackBerry were being completely ignored except for the bad news of course. Even though the benchmarks could be called into question given all of the cheating we've read about and the article neglects to mention the benefits of the Z10's high web standards compliance (which might mean it's actually doing more rendering work per page than the competition), I found the comments section particularly interesting especially the tone of praise and general satisfaction of actual users of the devices. This could be a spark of hope that helps ignite a turnaround. When the techies at Anandtech.com start saying good things about a product then other techies take notice and they talk to their friends and families and so on. Let's hope we see more coverage like this and BlackBerry starts to nail the critics with products that will make them unable to say "but" after anything positive.

Posted via CB10
    i like bb10.2 i've noticed some great improvements with regards to performance when the device gets hot, it doesn't lag the way it used to when the phone builds up in temperature, it also doesn't get near as hot as it did before. geekbench tests have been pretty high my average is 1850 now before was a little closer to 1800.

also the added notification enhancements with little tweeks have changed the over all user expereince for the better. had my stylist BBM me a few hours after we did the update on his Z10 saying hes loving the new update, coming from a guy who is looking to switch to Androind because the app he is getting built for his salon is only for Android and iOS and the developer wants more to build it for BB10
    10-29-13 03:00 PM
    Interesting. So they imply the hardware is what's holding back the performance.
    10-29-13 03:05 PM
    Specs don't matter!
    10-29-13 03:23 PM
    i like bb10.2 i've noticed some great improvements with regards to performance when the device gets hot, it doesn't lag the way it used to when the phone builds up in temperature, it also doesn't get near as hot as it did before. geekbench tests have been pretty high my average is 1850 now before was a little closer to 1800.

also the added notification enhancements with little tweeks have changed the over all user expereince for the better. had my stylist BBM me a few hours after we did the update on his Z10 saying hes loving the new update, coming from a guy who is looking to switch to Androind because the app he is getting built for his salon is only for Android and iOS and the developer wants more to build it for BB10
    If the App he is getting built for his salon is only for Android then he can tell the developer to convert it to a bar and either sideload onto his phone or just have the devs convert the APK to bar and submit it to blackberry world. Trust me I develop apps and I can say that it's really ridiculous that more Android devs aren't building from the ground up to support BlackBerry 10.2 as well as Android. We're building our Android and BlackBerry 10.2 app simultaneously and testing first on a BlackBerry Z10. BlackBerry 10 runs Android Apps and runs them well! Tell your friend to tell his devs that.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 03:36 PM

Yeah, now he can tell the developer to just make the Android version and he can sideload it onto the blackberry himself.
    10-30-13 01:51 AM
    Don't bother with the forums there, However. The gadgets gear and phones section is highly anti BlackBerry and has been for some years.

Posted from my RIM 850 wireless handheld
    10-30-13 02:48 AM
    They don't even attempt to imply that, they pretty much demonstrated it through the benchmarks.
    (The hardware used by BlackBerry is subpar, compared to other equally priced devices. Most noticeable in the Z30 and Q5...)

Specs don't matter!
    Since your avatar is so funny and laughs straight into my face, I'll take your comment with a big stealthy sarcasm tag.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    10-30-13 03:33 AM