06-18-14 10:27 PM
103 ... 2345
tools
    yeah it really is a interesting phone. Has some real innovation actually. It might be gimmicky but i look at it more like a proof of concept and things that are coming in the feature in the industry perhaps
    Yup... I see some serious patent profits from Amazon. They're basically demoing first response abilities with concepts that can be taken a lot further.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    06-18-14 01:46 PM
    Rumored specs are for headphones with own power source that require a different connection. They did just buy Beats which makes high end headphones. . .

Posted via CB10
    I have to correct something there. Beats makes high PRICED headphones... Their sound quality suck. they are just popular because they are considered "cool" now so everyone has to buy a pair just to wear on their neck. You barely see anyone actually listening to them, it's just male jewelry... If you want actual high end headphones, get a set of Sennheisers...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    rally5464 likes this.
    06-18-14 01:46 PM
    Though I must admit, some of what they're doing is utilizing Google Goggles technology and tailoring it to benefit their own needs.

06-18-14 01:48 PM
    If this phone comes to Canada with all the services, and blackberry goes under, I gotta go with amazon.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 01:49 PM
    200 USD on contract and AT&T exclusive. I call DOA.
    06-18-14 01:51 PM
    Multiple front facing cameras to improve facial recognition to unlock the device is actually a good move. No more spoofing with a photograph. Unless you have a 3D replica of a person's head... you can't spoof it.

06-18-14 01:53 PM
    att exclusive is a downfall i think
    06-18-14 01:54 PM
    att exclusive is a downfall i think
    I'm curious as to whether it's an "initial" exclusive, meaning 6 months later it will release on other carriers. Or a permanent exclusive. I can't imagine it being a permanent exclusive. Google, Apple, and Microsoft will be very quick in emulation for many of those features. In fact, with Google IO coming up very shortly, I'd be surprised if a lot of that hasn't already been pounced upon.

06-18-14 02:00 PM
    Does look pretty wild, watching the amazon presentation on cnet.
    06-18-14 02:00 PM
    I agree that being an exclusive in this day and time is not a good strategy for Amazon - but I wouldn't go as far as DOA. T-Mobile and Sprint are picking up a lot of new subscribers due to all the specials (free iPhone5S & they'll pay ETF). But too Verizon and their excellent coverage areas (only carrier that works in most places I go) has a LOT of customers. Of course maybe they are just testing the waters to see how it sells - who wants to build millions of phones to only have them sit in a warehouse......
    06-18-14 02:03 PM
    I do like the Mayday feature. Assuming Amazon customer service stays on top of their game (and in my experience, they usually do). I won't need the service myself, but it would significantly reduce a lot of my incoming calls.

06-18-14 02:06 PM
    the price kills it and makes it DOA pretty much. there isnt a huge incentive to get this over android right now. The hardware is nice and the software looks nice but overall for $650 they are crazy
    06-18-14 02:08 PM
    the price kills it and makes it DOA pretty much. there isnt a huge incentive to get this over android right now. The hardware is nice and the software looks nice but overall for $650 they are crazy
    Agree. I am pretty shocked at the price tag, does not seem to follow amazon's business model. I think the pricing is related to the AT&T deal, which is not a good idea either. If I could have got it at a reasonable price off contract for verizon, I might have given it a shot. I don't see how they are flipping anyone from iOS or Android at that price point.
    06-18-14 02:16 PM
    for 300 of contract i would hav picked it up as another play device
    06-18-14 02:19 PM
    Does anyone know what the specs are?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 02:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    "The Fire Phone has a 4.7-inch, 720p display, aluminum buttons, a Qualcomm processor, Adreno 330 graphics, and 2GB of RAM. It's 0.35 inches thick, and weighs 5.64 ounces. Bezos talked a lot about the phone's build, from the injection-molded connectors to the chamfered edges. There's a set of stereo speakers that Bezos promised are better than your average phone, and a set of headphones he swears that won't tangle."

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/18/58...the-fire-phone

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 02:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    pretty good specs, on par with nexus 5 i think with a screen that is suppose to be extremely good and bright for seeing in all light conditions. Atleast 5 cameras and some nice design cues with physical camera button.
    06-18-14 02:30 PM
    Amazon Smartphone Specs, Features Now Official — Will Anyone Buy It? | BGR

Spot on to what i think most of the tech world sees with todays events
    06-18-14 02:41 PM
    I won't even consider this device. I shop on amazon, but nowhere near enough to justify using Fire OS over real Android, and a 720p screen in 2014 is a no go for me. I don't care about 3D as well.

I don't want my phone to be a hub to a store. I had the Kindle Fire and absolutely hated it.
    06-18-14 02:59 PM
    Sd card expandable? Because their kindle devices are not and that's a deal breaker for me... Not that I'm in the market for an all-touch anyway, just curious.

06-18-14 03:00 PM
    Better to wait for the next high end BlackBerry It will probably have all the same features I'm pretty sure that I read that the Windemere was supposed to have a 3D display as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 03:50 PM
    I dunno if they could knock the price down though. With the added camera lenses etc... I'm really not surprised that $199 with contract is the best they could do. This coming from the company that sells the Kindle Fire tablets at rock bottom prices.
    06-18-14 04:09 PM
    I won't even consider this device. I shop on amazon, but nowhere near enough to justify using Fire OS over real Android, and a 720p screen in 2014 is a no go for me. I don't care about 3D as well.

I don't want my phone to be a hub to a store. I had the Kindle Fire and absolutely hated it.
    The 720p is a no go for me too. Next device I get has to have a full HD screen for me to even consider it.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-18-14 06:46 PM
    Sd card expandable? Because their kindle devices are not and that's a deal breaker for me... Not that I'm in the market for an all-touch anyway, just curious.

SD card is a deal breaker for me too.

That the whole reason that if I ever did leave BlackBerry I'd never switch to the iPhone. They're nuts if they think I'm going to pay an extra $200 for 16 more gigs of memory. I got a 32gb microSD card on Amazon.com for $19.95. A 64gb card for my tablet was only $39.95!

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    slagman5 likes this.
    06-18-14 06:50 PM
    its 32 GBs for the 199/650 pricing which isnt bad at all but still more than i expected from Amazon
    06-18-14 06:59 PM
103 ... 2345