Amazon just launched a streaming music service for Prime members (I'm one), pretty cool. The downside is BlackBerry devices are apparently not supported from what I see at their website; so whatever phone they plan to announce I seriously doubt it will have anything to do with BlackBerry.

Amazon launches music streaming for Prime members: Associated Press Business News - MSN Money
    I loaded the app via SNAP and works just fine.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    06-14-14 06:28 AM
    I loaded the app via SNAP and works just fine.

Can't you just download and install directly from the Amazon App Store app?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 08:06 AM
    Can't you just download and install directly from the Amazon App Store app?

Posted via CB10
    You could, or the way I did it. Matter of preference.

06-14-14 11:34 AM
    Maybe Amazon's new phone is going to be built around QNX instead of Android?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 12:35 PM

Posted via CB10

Absolutely no chance.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-15-14 08:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Maybe. Maybe Jaimie Alexander is going to call me up and ask me out for dinner tonight.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-15-14 08:59 AM
    Maybe. Maybe Jaimie Alexander is going to call me up and ask me out for dinner tonight.

I'd switch to android for Jamie Alexander.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 01:05 PM
    I'd switch to android for Jamie Alexander.

Posted via CB10
    So would I!

06-15-14 01:21 PM
    Gahhh ok ok just a thought!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-14 04:29 PM
    The Amazon phone and the Nokia X help BlackBerry and the other smaller OSs that use Android apps.
    If there is a big enough share of users without access to Google Play, developers won't lock their apps to that store using exclusive Google APIs and they would have to ship their apps to multiple stores.
    If these alternative ecosystem grow enough even Samsung could decide to fork Android. Google would have to expand their services to the forks.
    So, I'm cheering for the Amazon phone. A fragmented Android opens the door for other OSs and weakens Google.
    lnichols and The Big Picture like this.
    06-16-14 02:31 PM
    Yup just heard on Today that AT&T will officially announce exclusive deal with Amazon very soon.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 09:18 AM
    By this time tomorrow we should know exactly what their doing.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 02:56 PM
    It will certainly be difficult for Amazon to make inroads into the mobile hardware market.
    Same was said about Apple, before they went from zero to the lion's share of the mobile phone industry profits.
    06-17-14 04:08 PM
    Same was said about Apple, before they went from zero to the lion's share of the mobile phone industry profits.
    Absolutely. I'm not suggesting it will be impossible by any means. Just that it will be a long road for them not an over night success.

06-17-14 08:58 PM
    Absolutely. I'm not suggesting it will be impossible by any means. Just that it will be a long road for them not an over night success.

Big difference was that Apple had already begun turning things around with other products people wanted. They were not viewed as negatively like BlackBerry is once Jobs had their computers redesigned and iPods came out. IPHONES were not the devices that started the turnaround.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 10:17 PM
    Big difference was that Apple had already begun turning things around with other products people wanted. They were not viewed as negatively like BlackBerry is once Jobs had their computers redesigned and iPods came out. IPHONES were not the devices that started the turnaround.
    He was talking about Amazon's challenging task, not Blackberry's impossible one.
    06-18-14 08:12 AM
    He was talking about Amazon's challenging task, not Blackberry's impossible one.
    Yes, I was referring to Amazon.

BlackBerry's would be significantly more difficult.

06-18-14 01:24 PM
    Dunno if anybody here is watching the unveiling of the new Fire Phone. But it has some really cool features that I would never have anticipated.

Sent from my T100TA using Tapatalk
    06-18-14 01:28 PM
    BlackBerry officially announces partnership with Amazon. If Amazon announces a BlackBerry/Amazon phone...I think I might die.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 01:30 PM
    Dunno if anybody here is watching the unveiling of the new Fire Phone. But it has some really cool features that I would never have anticipated.

Did they already reveal it? Where can I watch?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 01:31 PM
    Did they already reveal it? Where can I watch?

Posted via CB10
    I've been following http://live.theverge.com/amazon-phone-liveblog/

06-18-14 01:33 PM
    I have to say that phone actually looks pretty cool.

DenverRalphy likes this.
    06-18-14 01:38 PM
    yeah it really is a interesting phone. Has some real innovation actually. It might be gimmicky but i look at it more like a proof of concept and things that are coming in the feature in the industry perhaps
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    06-18-14 01:39 PM
    I can't say the same. It sounds nice, but I need to see it in action.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 01:41 PM
    I have to say that phone actually looks pretty cool.

Yep. Can't wait for hands on reviews. Especially those features that are hardware dependent like the multiple camera lenses for depth/3D perspective adjustments in photos. And some minor software/server reliant features like the Movie/TV title/scene recognition which is basically a video version of Shazam/Soundhound.

06-18-14 01:43 PM
103 12345