So many complain about the Amazon App store on our BlackBerry phones and say that it's not good at all, so just wanted to share this article Amazon Appstore: A surprisingly good alternative to Google Play | Android Central .
    There have been a few apps in the free giveaways that have been good (Remote desktop app and also the Docs to Go that allows browsing on Google Drive files unlike the native BlackBerry 10 version among a couple others)

Amazon Appstore: A surprisingly good alternative to Google Play | Android Central

Attachment 353116

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.680 CB10
    05-16-15 08:57 AM
    thanks for the info!
    05-16-15 01:32 PM
    It is a good alternative, but not a great one. All titles do not run on BlackBerry 10.
    05-17-15 11:07 AM
    It is a good alternative, but not a great one. All titles do not run on BlackBerry 10.
    ... but getting there. Kindle app needs work, though.
    Stalled my Android runtime. Had to uninstall. :-D

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    05-17-15 05:10 PM
    You can polish **** all you like, in the end your still going to have ****, with a shiny finish.
    05-18-15 05:47 AM
    I'm sure it works great on an Android device, but so many reports of apps being blocked I don't even mess with it. I just use SNAP.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 08:22 AM
    Plus there is the fact it is running all the time and you can't delete it.

Amazon App Store as an alternative-img_20150518_093630.png

Basically BlackBerry is putting Amazon Bloatware on our devices and Amazon is collecting whatever info thought out the day about what we are doing.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-18-15 08:38 AM
    There's also the fact that they specifically blacklist BB10 devices from many popular apps, saying that they are not compatible for those devices, when in reality most of those apps were working fine for many months before the BlackBerry-Amazon deal became official (and even with less polished versions of the run time).

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 09:21 AM
    There's also the fact that they specifically blacklist BB10 devices from many popular apps, saying that they are not compatible for those devices, when in reality most of those apps were working fine for many months before the BlackBerry-Amazon deal became official (and even with less polished versions of the run time).

Posted via CB10
    I don't think "they" do this. The developer chooses which devices that they consider compatible.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 09:24 AM
    Also I must say the latest version of both of the amazon apps, run perfectly on 10.3.2, and except for having to hit "install" twice (once in the appstore and once in the Android installer) it is a seamless experience now.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 09:29 AM
    I don't think "they" do this. The developer chooses which devices that they consider compatible.

Posted via CB10
    In many cases, yes. You're right. If I develop an app to run on Android, I mean it to run on Android. Not BB10.

This whole "partnership" basically amounts to Amazon making Blackberry it's abused girlfriend.
    05-18-15 01:39 PM
    I prefer Google Play
    05-18-15 02:21 PM
    Amazon app store is a poor alternative to Google Play on Android devices. The only reason people even bother with Amazon one is the free app of the day and the deals Amazon likes to dole out from time to time on its app store. Other than that, the UI is clunkier, apps get updated much less often and some apps are simply not there. Oh, and it is the only place to officially get Amazon Instant Video app. I love Amazon as a retail presence and I have Prime membership, but its app store well, so so at best. But even so so at best is still way ahead of BlackBerry World, that's the saddest thing.
    05-18-15 05:36 PM
    Biggest drawback for me is the fact that there are little to no native Dutch apps in there.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 06:32 AM