Alec will now take care of the newly created QNX cloud !

Here's the P.R
    We are pleased to tell you that Alec Saunders has accepted the role of Vice President, QNX Cloud, effective February 3. In his newly created role, Alec will be responsible for establishing the QNX Software Systems business unit as a leading provider of cloud solutions for the ever-expanding “Internet of Things”. Alec will help to build an organization that enables focus on solutions that address the convergence of embedded and connected domains.

As Alec transitions from his current role as Vice President of Developer Relations and Ecosystem Development, we have the opportunity to even more closely align teams that share a common mandate and similar business objectives. To that end, effective immediately, Marty Mallick will undertake the role of VP, Global Alliances and Ecosystems, combining Developer Relations with his current Business Development and BlackBerry World Teams.

These changes underscore BlackBerry’s continued efforts to drive collaboration across BlackBerry operating units, while leveraging top talent to help seize emerging business opportunities.

We want you to know that we value our relationship and remain dedicated to delivering the high quality products and services you have come to expect. Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to building upon our relationships with you.
    QNX Software Systems Launches New Cloud Business to Power the Internet of Things | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    Congrats Alec and Marty !!!
    bigbadben10 and Javid Gozalov like this.
    01-23-14 12:11 PM
    01-23-14 12:37 PM
    Someone in this forum actually predicted this days ago.
    01-23-14 12:49 PM
    I don't like this....coupled with no new native road map......doesn't feel very good.

Posted via CB10
    allengeorge and _dimi_ like this.
    01-23-14 12:56 PM
    Now let's make QNX Cloud consumer based! I would love to save all my calendars and photos and contacts on a BlackBerry secured server in the cloud vs. iCloud! Probably won't happen but let's push for it and it just may!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 01:46 PM
    Kudos on the title rofl

I want this available for consumers too tho

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-23-14 01:51 PM
    Now let's make QNX Cloud consumer based! I would love to save all my calendars and photos and contacts on a BlackBerry secured server in the cloud vs. iCloud! Probably won't happen but let's push for it and it just may!

Posted via CB10
    I've always wondered why BlackBerry has not set this up yet. Apple's iCloud has contacts, calendar and their email but Google has the best model of this. You sign in with your gmail account and everything just gets pulled to your device. BlackBerry needs this so badly, especially with all their security to wrap it in.
    Stewartj1 and mphillips828 like this.
    01-23-14 02:40 PM
    I don't like this....coupled with no new native road map......doesn't feel very good.
    Along with no new sales & marketing initiatives.
    01-23-14 10:57 PM
    It is apparent BlackBerry will not put any substantive resources into native app development at least not for consumers-oriented apps that populate BlackBerry World now. This will be taken care of by Android apps ala OS 10.2.1.

Maybe they will keep polishing the SDK and send team to selected clients in Government or regulated industries to help them build bespoke apps for themselves. But not until BlackBerry turn around financially big time will they consider resuming consumers-oriented drives again. Face it, we are how holding the most consumer-driven BlackBerry phones in a whole to come. Enjoy the moment.

Posted via CB10
    allengeorge likes this.
    01-24-14 12:06 AM
    He's cool and I've always liked his personality in the videos he's been in on here and through BlackBerry.

Glad he's sticking around, even if the writing on the wall also says that app development has taken a backseat to other focuses.
    01-24-14 02:33 AM
    Internet Of Things, yet another thing nobody ever wanted from BlackBerry.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    01-24-14 03:29 AM
    Internet Of Things, yet another thing nobody ever wanted from BlackBerry.
    BD, you should try something else at breakfast
    Just make the link with what we've previously discussed (BES in the cloud) and I believe you'd be one of the very first happy campers ...
    Isn't it ?
    01-24-14 03:38 AM
    BD, you should try something else at breakfast
    Just make the link with what we've previously discussed (BES in the cloud) and I believe you'd be one of the very first happy campers ...
    Isn't it ?
    Nah, I'm moving back to BIS since I got my carrier to add it back to my account.

As for the internet of things, that future scares me, aren't we being tracked enough?

Thing is I never looked down at my BlackBerry and thought: hmmm I wish I could connect it to all my appliances in the my house.

If anything I'm gonna side with returning to a more analogue way of life. (Starting with film photography and a darkroom )

milo53 likes this.
    01-24-14 03:43 AM
    Nah, I'm moving back to BIS since I got my carrier to add it back to my account.
    As for the internet of things, that future scares me, aren't we being tracked enough?
    Thing is I never looked down at my BlackBerry and thought: hmmm I wish I could connect it to all my appliances in the my house.
    If anything I'm gonna side with returning to a more analogue way of life. (Starting with film photography and a darkroom )
    The everlasting question of trust ... I trust BlackBerry. If they can offer a service that has value to me, I agree to PAY for. They have no need to finance it by tricky means ...

P.S: Therefore, I don't trust MS, Google, Apple and many more "free" services.
    "If someone's pretending a service is free over the Internet, chances are the product is actually ... you".
    01-24-14 06:59 AM
    The everlasting question of trust ... I trust BlackBerry. If they can offer a service that has value to me, I agree to PAY for. They have no need to finance it by tricky means ...

P.S: Therefore, I don't trust MS, Google, Apple and many more "free" services.
    "If someone's pretending a service is free over the Internet, chances are the product is actually ... you".
    I hope when they roll out BES in cloud, it will be open not only to biz but also consumers. I am happy to pay decent fee for BES service for my Z10 if I only have the private key.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-24-14 07:10 AM