30 34.88%
  • Real and Unwarranted Responses

15 17.44%
  • Fake

41 47.67%
10-09-13 06:11 PM
37 12
tools
    He's a fool for telling a troll to take him off his email list. Like that's going to happen.....
    10-09-13 12:23 AM
    He's a fool for telling a troll to take him off his email list. Like that's going to happen.....
    Why not just put him on ignore, if he was such an annoying person for Alec Saunders, through blacklisting his email adress?

Sounds easier than a "Eff you, put me off of your mailing list".

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    10-09-13 01:28 AM
    Whether the reply is fake or not, that's bad form and totally uncalled for.
    In my opinion, the only 'genuine' sounding aspect of the whole exchange -was- his response.
    He'd most likely endured somewhat more antagonising by the sender than is presented in the clearly biased (and edited) BGR version of events.
    I've responded similarly to uninvited and harassing social-engineering emails and feel his only error was to have allowed his reply to be CCd to those particular recipients, (if that is indeed what happened).
    It reeks of a set-up to me and I believe the contents of his antagonist's emails to be absolute pure unadulterated bulldust.

Z10 via CB10
    10-09-13 02:01 AM
    Even if it is real, unless I'm reading it wrong all Alec had to say was "take me off your email list". I'd want off "Sha Sa's" list too, he seems like a bit of a tit.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-09-13 07:30 AM
    This entire story sounds like bull****.
    10-09-13 07:44 AM
    The comment that QNX is junk leads me to believe it's fake. It simply is not and no one is stupid enough to say it is.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 08:44 AM
    Something's not right about the whole thing. It seems very out of character for someone at that level.

On the other hand, This has been around for 24 hours (at least) now, and I haven't seen any denials from BBRY or Mr Saunders, nor apology or mention of a retraction from BGR.

Any updates anyone?
    Last edited by elite1; 10-09-13 at 01:21 PM. Reason: removed portion quoting troll
    10-09-13 08:56 AM
    You say this with such confidence it makes me think that perhaps you are right - but - and I do not know Alec at ALL, this seems perfectly in-line with my perception of that group....juvenile, and over-their-heads. Fake or not, that is telling - I see Alec spewing out the same insulting spin he's been doing the entire time - a misread and misfire in my opinion....other than a tiny fraction of CB, that kind of spin is simply seen as an insult and a shot to one's own credibility at this point. Clewley's shot at somebody who was trying to be helpful (and who was correct), and subsequent failure to acknowledge that and/or apologize.......the vapid music videos (yeah...a joke...but a stupid one....20 second clip....ok, waste of resources, but sure...as a one off......two entire vids? Ugh)....it gives me the impression of overgrown nerds who have yet to gain the perspective, maturity, and taste necessary for their positions. Being an overgrown nerd isn't bad...I am myself proudly one - to some degree, but it is NOT necessarily a good trait for their positions, and if not carefully managed it is prone, to go off on wild tangents - is this why BB management has sometime. s gone so very wrong? Don't know.

As to the validity of the emails? Unknown. The response? COMPLETELY INAPPROPRIATE - those who don't see that....well....you shouldn't be in a position of authority at BB either. Put it this way, going to twitter, email to an untrusted source, or otherwise say something you wouldn't want BGR publishing? Don't do it. That isn't rocket science.

That is the most disturbing part about the CB response...there is no way for any of us to be sure (well completely) whether it's fake or not....but those who say there was no problem with the response, or even that it was good/commendable? I don't think your judgment on the matter is good.
    Hey richardat,

I appreciate you using your obvious first-hand expertise in vapidness to call out those videos for us. I also love that you're willing to share your expertise in corporate communications and management with us. And then to condescendingly take the CB community to task for showing disturbingly bad judgement? This post is a veritable goldmine of awesomeness!

Its posters like you that make the CB forums such an entertaining AND educational place to visit.

As Alec would no doubt INAPPROPRIATEly say:

Rock on richardat. Keep up with the awesome posting! You parasite.
    br14 likes this.
    10-09-13 11:34 AM
    That's the problem with this entire thread. As we don't know whether the e-mails are real or fake, it's blowing something up that needn't be. Best to find out the truth first before accusing a person.
    Which is why I'm abstaining from voting.
    10-09-13 12:20 PM
    Sha sa has posted a tweet. Maybe she is just as embarrassed as Alec?

The Alec Saunders Email Meltdown  - Poll-img_00000413.jpg
    r0v3rT3N and Pete The Penguin like this.
    10-09-13 12:25 PM
    Alec Saunders of all people would probably have a more official signature at the end of an email than the default "Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone. "

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 06:05 PM
    Alec Saunders of all people would probably have a more official signature at the end of an email than the default "Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone. "
    Kind regards,
    Alec Saunders

Sent from my Samsung galaxy s4

Dun dun duhhhh

Posted via CB10
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
    10-09-13 06:11 PM
37 12