07-25-13 04:48 PM
30 12
tools
    Great adoption rate already.

Sixty percent of U.S. Fortune 500 companies are already testing or using the system to manage BlackBerry's new line of devices, the company said on Wednesday, as U.S. carriers began to roll out its new keyboard-equipped Q10 smartphone.
    The Q10, which comes with the tiny physical keyboard that many BlackBerry fans admire, is the second device powered by the new BlackBerry 10 operating system.
    The touchscreen Z10 launched earlier this year.
    The U.S. market is crucial for Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry as it seeks to win back market share ceded to Apple Inc's iPhone, Samsung's Galaxy smartphones and other devices powered by Google's Android operating system.
    "This is a very exciting day for us, launching with all four major U.S. carriers," BlackBerry Chief Operating Officer Kristian Tear said in an interview.
    Tear said BlackBerry, which has long had a strong base of corporate and government users, expected the Q10 to allow it to win back customers who have been using other devices.
    He believed demand for the smartphones would be helped by the fact that a majority of top U.S. companies were testing or installing the BlackBerry Enterprise Service system that would allow them to manage the new devices on their internal networks.
    "Since everybody is migrating toward this, we expect it will definitely create pull for our (smartphone) products," he said.
    "There are a lot of very loyal BlackBerry keyboard users out there who have been waiting for this and I think, with the Q10, we will also be able to win back prior BlackBerry customers, who are now trying other platforms."
    The Q10 launched in Canada, Britain and a few other countries two months ago. The U.S. launch was delayed due to a longer carrier-testing process.
    The device is already on sale through T-Mobile in the United States, while rivals Verizon and AT&T have begun to accept pre-orders for shipping later this month. Sprint plans to begin selling the devices this summer.
    (Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Janet Guttsman and Bernadette Baum)
    BlackBerry says majority of top U.S. firms testing its new devices
    06-05-13 02:16 PM
    Wonderful news. BlackBerry is certainly doing everything in their power to turn the company's fortune around.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 03:03 PM
    It would be higher. If they came with Blackberry 10 earlier
    06-05-13 09:12 PM
    What about other companies from Canada, UK and all of Europe. N4BB I believe or Rapid Berry, one of them writing an article stating over 2000 companies world wide were either testing BB10 or already using them with BES10.

I can't wait for the years final Quarter numbers. I can see BB10 take the number 2 spot kicking iOS down one by middle of 2014 IMO.
    theRock1975 and Acumenight like this.
    06-06-13 09:24 PM
    The largest employer in Canada is the federal government which has over 300,000 employees all over the country.

Most of the departments have BB10/BES 10 pilot projects running right now. We can expect huge orders for devices and software this summer in line with the comments made here about DND (Department of National Defence).

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 09:16 AM
    My company tested the Z10 and BES10 and I don't think we are going with either. About 25% of our BB population has switched to the iPhone and keeps increasing. Android will be a choice soon.
    06-07-13 12:33 PM
    Lol who uses iPhone? The z10 beats my old sg3. The sg3 destroys the iphone5.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 11:27 PM
    Good news to BlackBerry and BlackBerry supporters!

Keep it up BlackBerry!
    06-08-13 12:02 AM
    My company tested the Z10 and BES10 and I don't think we are going with either. About 25% of our BB population has switched to the iPhone and keeps increasing. Android will be a choice soon.
    Not going with Z10 across the board is fine, but why not BES10.1? That will manage the huge plethora of devices your company allows on its network and will give you device to device chat, whats not to like? Show me one MDM solution that is better bang for the buck

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 08:45 AM
    AMERICAN HEADLINES READ:

40% of Fortune 500 Companies NOT using BB10, BB Dead
    06-08-13 09:28 AM
    If you are fortune 500 CIO no 1 thing on your mind is information security. If you have BYOD you would be even more concerned...Either way with BES 10 BlackBerry wins !!!!

Posted via CB10
    FSeverino likes this.
    06-08-13 12:32 PM
    AMERICAN HEADLINES READ:

Yes, that's actually probably a more appropriate framing for the news, given BB's former domination and the fact that ~100% of these companies have iphone programs. (not including your silly "BB dead")

Incidently, a number of posters have been asking about the sales claims you made about BB in a response to me in another thread)
    06-08-13 04:48 PM
    Many people in our company have been switching back to BlackBerry 10 smartphones from iPhone 5's.

We have roughly 1000 employees.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 05:20 PM
    Yes, that's actually probably a more appropriate framing for the news, given BB's former domination and the fact that ~100% of these companies have iphone programs. (not including your silly "BB dead")

Incidently, a number of posters have been asking about the sales claims you made about BB in a response to me in another thread)
    but do those iPhone programs run the same way the DoD's does? where the entire phone is crippled and they have to use BlackBerry software on the IT end?

Also, comparing BBs dominance in the field when there was actually no competitor to 60% of a market with 3 strong options is a totally different ball game.

By looking at it like that you can also say the iPad market share has dropped by a HUGE margin, since iPad was once about 100% owner of the market, and is now much lower.
    Acumenight likes this.
    06-08-13 11:36 PM
    but do those iPhone programs run the same way the DoD's does? where the entire phone is crippled and they have to use BlackBerry software on the IT end?.
    Nope. There are actually solid deployed platforms for management, and from what I've seen the iphone is not restricted notably more than any of the other business phones - not that it would matter to Apple anyways.

Also, comparing BBs dominance in the field when there was actually no competitor to 60% of a market with 3 strong options is a totally different ball game..
    You've missed the point entirely. It hardly matters if the environment has changed, in fact, that's the whole point: change. It goes without saying that even if all other things had been constant (which of course they are not) that BB"s dominance has changed markedly, and that's why it is so notable.

By looking at it like that you can also say the iPad market share has dropped by a HUGE margin, since iPad was once about 100% owner of the market, and is now much lower.
    Indeed it has, though the comparison is completely irrelevant. First, as noted above, you've missed the point and seem entirely concerned (no doubt carried away with emotion) about the drop itself. Second, it isn't a comparable drop in that.....whew...where to even begin?

-We weren't talking about marketshare.
    -Despite Apple's loss of marketshare, sales have skyrocketed
    -fortune 500 is a market of fixed size and (mainly) constant players
    -we're not talking about an iteration of a current product but a completely new market

Look, I could go on and on, but again, that's not even the point, and I know you won't "get" this anyways. The fact that you have given such a discombobulated reply (let alone your history of such posts) suggests strongly that we will not be able to have any kind of coherent or rational discussion. I believe you will continue your habit of throwing out non sequitur points, although I do not know whether you are being purposely obtuse or it represents a sincere effort on your part. Either way, we will not resolve anything.

Note again, people are asking for the data on which your claims were based in the thread on: BB still in 3rd place.
    06-09-13 04:23 AM
    What percentage of Fortune 500 companies had BES last year?
    VR6 likes this.
    06-09-13 04:43 AM
    Thanks for this. Stoked and excited for this quarter's fiscal results.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 04:55 AM
    Nope. There are actually solid deployed platforms for management, and from what I've seen the iphone is not restricted notably more than any of the other business phones - not that it would matter to Apple anyways.

You've missed the point entirely. It hardly matters if the environment has changed, in fact, that's the whole point: change. It goes without saying that even if all other things had been constant (which of course they are not) that BB"s dominance has changed markedly, and that's why it is so notable.

Indeed it has, though the comparison is completely irrelevant. First, as noted above, you've missed the point and seem entirely concerned (no doubt carried away with emotion) about the drop itself. Second, it isn't a comparable drop in that.....whew...where to even begin?

-We weren't talking about marketshare.
    -Despite Apple's loss of marketshare, sales have skyrocketed
    -fortune 500 is a market of fixed size and (mainly) constant players
    -we're not talking about an iteration of a current product but a completely new market

Look, I could go on and on, but again, that's not even the point, and I know you won't "get" this anyways. The fact that you have given such a discombobulated reply (let alone your history of such posts) suggests strongly that we will not be able to have any kind of coherent or rational discussion. I believe you will continue your habit of throwing out non sequitur points, although I do not know whether you are being purposely obtuse or it represents a sincere effort on your part. Either way, we will not resolve anything.

Note again, people are asking for the data on which your claims were based in the thread on: BB still in 3rd place.
    I get what you're saying, and totally agree. I'm just saying that everyone knows that BlackBerry share is down, but rather than look at the positive and say ' wow it looks like BlackBerry is getting make to majority' they say 'lol BlackBerry lost 40%'.

Any company that makes billions of dollars in an emerging market where they are the only product would be stupid to assume no one else would come in. BlackBerry knew other people would come in and apple and Android did. I'm not doubting for a a second that the other platforms are capable, I just know that some are being used in heavily altered states and mentioned it. Is there any market where one company initially owned 100% (or vast majority) of the share and 10--15 years later still does (honest question) ... THAT was the point I was making with the ipad comparison.

I know that BlackBerry is failing, I've been watching it happen. I have ZERO emotional attachment to the brand, Z10 is my first BlackBerry. Why I DO hate is people lying and deceiving others into making ANY company fail and cost thousands of hard working people their lively hood... Regardless of the company.

So I DO agree with what you are saying... all I wanted to add was 'so what that they dropped about 40% in 10+ years... CHANGE happens'

Like.you said, I agree it is change... and.change is what makes technology advance (the only reason why BB10 was so important), but why does a company 'NEED' to have 100% or even 75%? I.think 60%, especially in an area with 2 other great competitors is fantastic news. The point I was making with the headline is that fear mongering media types will spin it, and people will believe it... which is what continues to happen with BB.

I hope that cleared things up

Sidenote: what were you talking about with the other thread?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:41 AM
    I get what you're saying, and totally agree. I'm just saying that everyone knows that BlackBerry share is down, but rather than look at the positive and say ' wow it looks like BlackBerry is getting make to majority' they say 'lol BlackBerry lost 40%'.
    That's fine, but there is no onus on the media or anyone else to spin the "positive", and yes, I would call that "spin". Quite frankly, omitting the previous position of the company would be an alarming oversight, and irresponsible. Of course, when a corporation loses 40%, we expect this to be reported - where they are now in comparison to where they were. Not a purposely naive assertion of 60%, as if they are a brand new entity making gains.

I
    I know that BlackBerry is failing, I've been watching it happen. I have ZERO emotional attachment to the brand, Z10 is my first BlackBerry. Why I DO hate is people lying and deceiving others into making ANY company fail and cost thousands of hard working people their lively hood... Regardless of the company.
    Again, the media reporting a loss of 40% as opposed to having 60% is NOT "lying and deceiving", in any sense of the term. As I pointed out above, in fact, it would be deceptive not to report it as a loss of 40%. An investor would be quite unhappy with any investment advisor would he present info as "they have 60% testing programs!!!!", and failing to mention that they used to have near 100% - that would be duplicitous - spin at it's finest and well worthy of any politician!
    I
    So I DO agree with what you are saying... all I wanted to add was 'so what that they dropped about 40% in 10+ years... CHANGE happens'
    Yes, change happens, but it is not "lying or deceiving" to report it.
    I
    Like.you said, I agree it is change... and.change is what makes technology advance (the only reason why BB10 was so important), but why does a company 'NEED' to have 100% or even 75%? I.think 60%, especially in an area with 2 other great competitors is fantastic news. The point I was making with the headline is that fear mongering media types will spin it, and people will believe it... which is what continues to happen with BB.
    No, now you're on to another point completely: what marketshare does BB need. A large, and completely separate issue. This is NOT what was being discussed, nor does it affect the reporting of those facts. It is you who are then spinning it: ie. they should not report/illustrate it as a loss, because they don't need 100% anyways! If you can't see how ridiculous that rationalization is, then there is no hope of us ever agreeing. That statement represents fanboy reasoning at it's worst.

I
    Sidenote: what were you talking about with the other thread?
    I sincerely thank you for replying there. While I strongly disagreed with your post and it's reasoning, explaining one's earlier claims is not often done by some people here, and is to be applauded!
    06-09-13 04:20 PM
    richardat...

my only issue is that the media is constantly picking on the negative aspects and NOT the positive ones. yes, BB having ONLY 60% is a bad thing compared to where it initially was in the market... but is it not a GOOD thing that it has 60% compared to where it was a little while ago?

CHANGE happens, the media had no problem ****ting all over BB when they lost share... why can they not admit that there is a slight increase here and call it what it is?

That is all. if you disagree fine. but do not say that the media is NOT deceiving people. Harsh toned titles in a fall of a company, and then plain numbers once the company shows gains IS deception... again, if you do not agree that is fine.
    06-09-13 04:58 PM
    No, now you're on to another point completely: what marketshare does BB need. A large, and completely separate issue. This is NOT what was being discussed, nor does it affect the reporting of those facts. It is you who are then spinning it: ie. they should not report/illustrate it as a loss, because they don't need 100% anyways! If you can't see how ridiculous that rationalization is, then there is no hope of us ever agreeing. That statement represents fanboy reasoning at it's worst.
    I think you are not understanding the point... i am not saying it isnt newsworthy that BB lost all that share. it is A HUGE story. What I meant by BB 'not needing' the 100% market share is that they did not need that in order to stay alive. The market is vast, and a 60% share is incredible in its own right. Yes they have faltered, BIG, but is it not also an accomplishment to have 60% of a market DESPITE the fact that everyone in the media and tech world continue to belittle the strides and methods BB is using?

These Fortune 500 companies NEED the most reliable products to conduct their billions of dollars worth of business, and if a product does not meet those standards THESE companies will be the first to drop them. A lot of companies HAVE dropped BB, but it is clear that if 60% of them are still interested there must be a reason...

BB, according to this article, has 60% of the Fortune 500 companies in a time where it is the joke of media/tech for at least two years and US sales have plummeted. What is a better story worthy of TRUE journalism... a company that everyone loves for advancements and innovations that has taken a market by storm OR a company that is somehow managing to keep 60% of the top companies even though it has the apparent worst devices and systems on the market and has seen its stock slide 90%?

If I was a journalist I would look in to how it is possible that all these intelligent, innovating companies would stay with a brand that everyone is considering as a failure and dead in the water... THAT is the issue that i was bringing up.

The media is happy to smash and bash ANY company (i am not just talking about BB) but when something good happens you almost never hear of it.

Im sorry if you do not agree, but that does not change the facts.
    I dont want to say that you are a member of the brainwashed bc you seem to always have facts and evidence to support what you are saying, but remember that there are always two sides to every story. When the story says that ANY company owns 60% of a market but doesnt investigate the potential of that number considering the facts that the said company was 'dead' over a year ago i will take issue with it... every time regardless of the company in question.
    06-09-13 05:10 PM
    AMERICAN HEADLINES READ:

Testing is not the same as using.
    the only companies i know of that have deployed bb10 are from Blackberrys press release.
    How many have they had for 2013? 2 companies? maybe three? (deployment not testing).
    07-25-13 08:12 AM
    Testing is not the same as using.
    the only companies i know of that have deployed bb10 are from Blackberrys press release.
    How many have they had for 2013? 2 companies? maybe three? (deployment not testing).
    18k companies have installed BES10. Although who knows how many are fortune 500. Still shows there could be growth.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 08:29 AM
    The fact that they Blackberry thinks that two companies deployed is a big enough for a press release, the lumping together of "ordered, downloaded, or installed " when citing a number for BES, these are not signs that inspire confidence.
    07-25-13 08:31 AM
    The fact that they Blackberry thinks that two companies deployed is a big enough for a press release, the lumping together of "ordered, downloaded, or installed " when citing a number for BES, these are not signs that inspire confidence.
    The press release clearly states 18000 BES 10 DEPLOYED

Posted via CB10
    Jahcure likes this.
    07-25-13 08:49 AM
30 12