"Would you be surprised to hear that more than 60% of the apps in the App Store have never been downloaded, even once? That's the conclusion of analytical firm Adeven. The latter even counted the number of flashlight apps and found that Apple iPhone users in need of a quick light have 1,899 choices. Christian Henschel, Adeven CEO, said that there are only a "couple of thousand apps" that get downloaded in number from Apple's on-line applications store."

400,000 apps in the App Store have never been downloaded says report

I found this to be surprising, my friends that have iphones always brag saying it's better than BlackBerry because of all the apps they have. This article gives me some ammo to fire back with all the positives that I love about my BlackBerry

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-19-15 11:34 AM
    The same goes for Google Play, as far as I know
    03-19-15 11:39 AM
    Wouldn't be surprised if the same percentage goes for BlackBerry World as well :P

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 11:50 AM
    I highly doubt this information. I'll tell you why. I can almost guarantee that every developer has downloaded their own app, just to make sure it works after submitting it to whatever app store they have developed for...
    Donvald likes this.
    03-19-15 11:57 AM
    The article was from 2012, when Apple's app store still had a pretty miserable method for app search and/or app discovery, as well companies would sell their services to app developers to game the system to ensure some apps would maintain visibility. Much has changed since then. Apple has improved their app search, and improved analytics to mitigate and deter manipulation.
    03-19-15 12:14 PM
    no need to post up old apple articles on BLACKBERRY forum

ooh and it isn't true as Apple refuted this in a keynote speech at one of the iphone releases.

60% of Apple's App store apps have never been downloaded, not even once-gsmarena_003.jpg
    03-19-15 12:19 PM