10-22-13 09:12 PM
48 12
tools
    Hey,

So if you read the bbm twitter post, it says, next 5 million in line, you're up. Does that imply that 5 million have already downloaded and that we could hit 10 million this week?

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbm

Posted via CB10
    Hah, now Twitter cannot cope with even just the demand for news about BBM:

Code:
    Forbidden (Rate Limit Exceeded)
    10-22-13 10:28 AM
    Usually?! This is the first time BlackBerry has done a wait list for an app, so nothing to compare it to.

Fired from my Z10
    Actually comparing it to the other millions of Downloaders would create ample comparison allowing one to determine whether it was usual or not for the response email time. If you have nothing to add other than trying to debate semantics, don't reply...

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 11:28 AM
    You can check my poll :|

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=862789

Although I've is more ppl won't have replied

Fired from my Z10
    10-22-13 11:53 AM
    I've had a lot of success bringing people over to BBM, but I think it's a bit easier here in Canada as there are a few people still on BlackBerry. Anyone from the US or other countries experiencing any success?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 11:56 AM
    so what do we have already? 60m users?

plus probably another 15 by the weekend... 75M

most likely over 100m by end of year (2 months)
    10-22-13 12:16 PM
    I wish BB10 phone sales was like that.
    Beginning to sound like the lofty proclamations that followed the BB10 launch.

People, temper your expectations. It doesn't have to have multi-million downloads to be successful.

Retention is key. I'm eager to see how we're doing in 30 days, especially with some refinement.
    VR6 and Vorkosigan like this.
    10-22-13 12:21 PM
    Beginning to sound like the lofty proclamations that followed the BB10 launch.

People, temper your expectations. It doesn't have to have multi-million downloads to be successful.

Retention is key. I'm eager to see how we're doing in 30 days, especially with some refinement.
    thats the truth. but, at the same time it is nice to see that there are so many people that are interested in the company/product that the exact same people were saying had no chance just a month ago
    10-22-13 12:44 PM
    so what do we have already? 60m users?

plus probably another 15 by the weekend... 75M

most likely over 100m by end of year (2 months)
    i think its hard to say. Right now you have a ton of people rushing to get it and once they all have it how many adopt it after the first couple weeks. Just have to see how it picks up
    10-22-13 01:00 PM
    Hopefully that number keeps growing and the servers don't crash haha.
    They need to get the activation emails out quicker. Got 2 people who have both been waiting close to 24 hours for the email.
    10-22-13 01:07 PM
    i think its hard to say. Right now you have a ton of people rushing to get it and once they all have it how many adopt it after the first couple weeks. Just have to see how it picks up
    oh, yea for sure. i was just going by this. i mean if there are currently 70m users (i cant remember if the number was 60 or 70) then at this rate 100 shouldnt be a problem

BUT, like Tre said it is ALL about who stays with it. I downloaded Whatsapp on my Z10, used it for the weekend and deleted it.

Like i said, im just glad this is moving a long and that people actually want it.

Also, something to consider...

if BBM hits 100m, which is around 1/3 of whatsapp then it should be at least worth 1/3 the valuation of whatsapp... which is estimated at 2-4B, that means anywhere from 750m to 1.5B just on BBM alone... and i would say that is a low number due to the added security of BBM
    fedakd likes this.
    10-22-13 01:18 PM
    Not wishing to be a party pooper but wouldn't it have been a grand plan to launch this before the z10 and then stimulate bb10 sales?
    As it stands it's just boosting the value of a bbm splinter company while bb10 remains doa.
    10-22-13 03:14 PM
    CB is going off the BlackBerry memo and saying 10M in 24 hrs.

Pretty Damn good number

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 03:36 PM
    This should give BlackBerry the fuel they need to push BBM Channels out to iOS/Android as well as voice and video chat.

Come on, BlackBerry, get it done!
    10-22-13 03:38 PM
    This should give BlackBerry the fuel they need to push BBM Channels out to iOS/Android as well as voice and video chat.

Come on, BlackBerry, get it done!
    Here's hoping! From the press release (and let's all hope it's not an empty promise):

"Android and iPhone users will have access to BBM Voice and Video calling, as well as the new community building tool - BBM Channels - in the near future."

By near future I hope they mean in the coming month or two. Channels would be a great addition to the cross platform client, imo.
    10-22-13 03:47 PM
    While a good start BBM needs at least 50 million downloads and registrations within 90 days with a retention rate of at least 65% 90 days thereafter.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-22-13 04:23 PM
    While a good start BBM needs at least 50 million downloads and registrations within 90 days with a retention rate of at least 65% 90 days thereafter.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    How are you coming up with these numbers. Retention rate of 65 percent? That's completely arbitrary and not based on why you think that would make it a good start.

Alternatively they could have 40 million downloads with 90 percent retention.

I think the key is growth and monetization.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 07:21 PM
    How are you coming up with these numbers. Retention rate of 65 percent? That's completely arbitrary and not based on why you think that would make it a good start.

Alternatively they could have 40 million downloads with 90 percent retention.

I think the key is growth and monetization.

Posted via CB10
    Good point. Right now BBM is #1 on both Google Play and the Apple Store in terms of downloads.

Obviously, it's popular...

So now it's up to BlackBerry to take this goodwill and spin it to their favour.

That means working double time to roll out BBM Voice, Video, Channels and other features.

They have the ball, it's time to deliver. It's now or never.
    Tariq Nasir likes this.
    10-22-13 07:27 PM
    I think it's very popular in countries that already had some bbm penetration (with people converting their friends to bbm). I wonder what they will do to get people in the US to switch from what's app.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 07:35 PM
    I think it's very popular in countries that already had some bbm penetration (with people converting their friends to bbm). I wonder what they will do to get people in the US to switch from what's app.

Posted via CB10
    It already has started. It's #1 in the US iphone app store.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 07:36 PM
    It already has started. It's #1 in the US iphone app store.

Posted via CB10
    It's number one this week... still way below what's app downloads. Not saying it won't be popular but at least here in Canada there is a compelling reason (many people still on it so you'll have contacts right away)... but I have a real tough time converting my US friends ("but I have what's app and no one but you uses it", etc). The key will be maintaining momentum in the US.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 07:50 PM
    It's number one this week... still way below what's app downloads. Not saying it won't be popular but at least here in Canada there is a compelling reason (many people still on it so you'll have contacts right away)... but I have a real tough time converting my US friends ("but I have what's app and no one but you uses it", etc). The key will be maintaining momentum in the US.

Posted via CB10
    Yeh but what's app has had a huge start. Right now it's about 200 million vs 70. Hopefully the people that switch over stop using what's app. I know I'm close to getting there. Not all my friends have migrated over..

I think the real pinch will come when the user has to pay the 1 dollar fee after a year. It's a dollar but why pay when bbm is free and may have bbm video and call and channels by the end of the year.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 08:03 PM
    So it begins

Posted via CB10
    One app to rule them all!!!1

Android and iPhone fan better thank BlackBerry for making their phone better. I prefer subscribers, not followers.
    10-22-13 09:05 PM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned already. I had issue waiting when signing up BBM for my wife iPhone. As soon as I turn off wifi, the I immediately got to sign in page on her iPhone.

This was after waiting over night last night. When I did the above this evening, all was good in no time.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 09:12 PM
48 12