03-20-09 02:37 AM
34 12
tools
    but that honestly doesn't impress.. it appears once again to be an os and interface designed for the trackball and keyboard styled blackberrys . . which is all well and good but I would really like to see RIM put serious development tools / assets into the STORM and develop a touch interface platform that has not and never will look like it's designed for a trackball and just ported over... but we're not thinking thats in the cards are we...
    That was basically just the interface stuff. There's still more features that are added. Google it, you'll find part of a leaked list of what it will have.
    03-17-09 08:18 PM
    I saw on another post that it was coming out in 2 weeks but I'll believe it when I see it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 01:38 PM
    We know thay RIM is working on it, but keeping details close to the vest so I don't think you'll get too much dirt, BUT I would be interested too. Rumor has it, it WILL support some of their newer BBs, like the Bold & Storm.
    It has to absolutely support the Storm or else RIM is in for a serious pounding in the P.R department.
    Last edited by Optimusv2; 03-18-09 at 03:50 PM.
    03-18-09 03:16 PM
    I saw on another post that it was coming out in 2 weeks but I'll believe it when I see it.

right on April 1st... funny
    03-18-09 03:56 PM
    I can't wait for 5.0!!!!
    03-18-09 04:04 PM
    I'm just dying for a new leak

Come on RIM, we need a graphics driver for the graphics hardware inside the Storm!
    03-18-09 04:10 PM
    exactly . . the Storm is more than capable of competing with the other hi-end smartphones on the market (g1, iphone, palm pre) but the os and lack of utilizating the power of the phone itslef is clearly holding it back... I'm afraid that the java environment is going to keep us crippled and not allow this phone to grow the way that it could if it was on a linux or webOS environment
    03-18-09 04:28 PM
    Why are they making this OS backwards compatible? Instead of making it as good as it can be on the newer more powerful phones they'll make it so that it plays nice on the old slow phones. I have a darn curve and I'd rather they didn't dumb it down just so it works with my phone.

03-19-09 12:32 AM
    5.0?? Heck im using a 8820 on tmobile, im still waiting 4.3 - 4.5!!
    03-20-09 02:37 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD