07-20-08 08:09 PM
70 123
tools
    Check it out.. http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20080711/ap_on_hi_te/apple_iphone;_ylt=ArNe40ry8CcLkqbL1.WV8OAazJV4

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 07:31 PM
    thank for the info.. good to know. i always wait anyways and make sure everything has been tested.. GO GO GO RIM!! woohoo
    07-11-08 08:33 PM
    Thx Brooke...Much as I prefer my Blackberry for my dedicated mobile device, it's a shame to see a poor product release like this from Apple...

But I like the fact that iPhone is clearly not ready yet to steal the core part of RIM's market.

- Jon
    07-11-08 09:14 PM
    This only puts more pressure on RIM to make sure their touchscreen is top notch.

RIM is no doubt solid in overall products but the TS is new territory. I for one switched to vzw partially in anticipation but got a one year contract with a curve. Most definitely will wait a few months when the thunder is released. I have little tolerance for the crap the 3G iPhone customers are now facing.

07-11-08 11:02 PM
    I don't know so much about a "flop". But the are sure having some problems. Guess they underestimated RIM's legacy a little bit huh??
    07-11-08 11:33 PM
    The activation system on the backend is taxed out. Get your facts right please. There's a difference between a device failing and an activation server farm failing. But yeah, I agree... Apple should have learned from last year. The same sh*t happened then. It's really no different then when MS released the RTM version of Vista and SP1 a year later. Their download servers got tacked, even the akamai mirrors got fuxored.
    07-12-08 12:22 AM
    I don't see this as a flop but just having server issues.
    07-12-08 12:27 AM
    last year it was an AT&T issue, now this year it's a Apple Server issue....
    07-12-08 12:30 AM
    I forgot about the rollout yesterday and I went to the ATT store with a friend that is thinking of switching from USCellular. I can tell you even in little Belleville there were upset Apple drones! The customers don't care what causes the problem, they are mad they paid $$$ for a paperweight at least temporarily.

07-12-08 08:43 AM
    I love all the iPhone fanatics as they contribute greatly towards my eventual retirement but someone has to explain something to me. Are you any less cool because you waited a week to get the iPhone and did it after the initial bugs were worked out?

What is it about the apple fanatics that will stand in line like lemmings to be the first with the newest device with the apple logo on it?
    07-12-08 12:24 PM
    It didn't flop. They were only having trouble activating them. It sold out everywhere here. I'm thinking about getting one again. I had the first generation iPhone for 3-4 months. If the Bold isn't released by August, then I'm just going to get a 16 GB white iPhone. RIM needs to set a stable date for us to know when it will be released!
    07-12-08 12:26 PM
    It wasn't a flop just a server issue. I mean yes I waited in line for three and half hours to get my husbands and when I get inside they tell me I have to activate it at home. Of course I was a bit pissed off about it. Not much more you can do. It took me pretty much the entire day to get it activated. I have to say it was worth it though. What a great so called "flop"
    07-12-08 12:28 PM
    Yes, Apple servers screwed up the launch. No, the 3G iPhone isn't a flop.

Beyond the irritating fanaticism of the Apple fanboys, the overhyped sensationalism by the Media simply feeds the frenzy.

In the end, however, it must be noted that despite last year's hyper-hyped launch, and the mainstream media pretty much ignoring the Curve, sales of the iPhone 1.0 couldn't match the Curve.
    07-12-08 12:50 PM
    Really....? I mean, really? The iPhone was a flop? That's why they sold SO many that it actually crashed their servers? And that's why people are still waiting in enormous lines on the SECOND DAY of release just to get one of these phones?

Yup. Sounds like a huge flop to me.
    07-12-08 12:58 PM
    Yeah. Big flop. I can only hope the Bold and the Thunder flop so badly.
    Last edited by Arninetyes; 07-12-08 at 01:16 PM. Reason: left out a word...
    07-12-08 01:14 PM
    Bold launch is gonna dominate iPhone 3G launch... hands down
    07-12-08 01:27 PM
    Bold launch is gonna dominate iPhone 3G launch... hands down
    I am actually very curious to see if the reaction to the Bold release will top the iPhone. Once the Thunder is promoted and hyped, I think it will actually top the Bold, simply because people seem to respond better to touchscreens. It seems to be the latest and greatest trend in cellular devices - people go gaga for this ish. I honestly am considering upgrading to the Thunder once it hits, simply due to the fact that the reviews of this particular TS interface have been nothing less than stellar. A TS interface that actually provides tactile response? Sign me up.
    07-12-08 01:32 PM
    I love all the iPhone fanatics as they contribute greatly towards my eventual retirement but someone has to explain something to me. Are you any less cool because you waited a week to get the iPhone and did it after the initial bugs were worked out?

What is it about the apple fanatics that will stand in line like lemmings to be the first with the newest device with the apple logo on it?
    That's because they consist of people stupid enough to evangelize for a company that seeks to make money off them (there are many BB users that fall into this category). It seems every Applehead I run into has forgotten that Apple is actually company which seeks to make money, and instead regards Apple as some sort of "friend." Apple doesn't need to make superior products; they just need to keep appeasing their senseless "fans." Apple just needs to shower their intended demographic with tons of cool features (however meaningless, trivial, or gimmicky) because they have wisely realized that the average person in this country has the attention span of a gnat.
    07-12-08 02:22 PM
    I'm a bb fanatic and all... but no way in **** does the bold launch top iPhones launch (even though their servers were overloading and all) bb is just not something people are in awe of (except on certain forums like this one) iPhone IS overhyped but it is freakin cool though I'm just being honest. But hey I'm a bb guy so the bold will be mine sometime in August

07-12-08 02:35 PM
    I am loving the App store. I am seriously wanting an iPhone, and the only thing stopping me is it's on Rogers.
    07-12-08 02:37 PM
    Not a good day for your server to be acting up... to much hype...It's like "Hey look at my new iPhone it's so awesome, Apple is so genius" and then they go to make a phone call...and nothing...
    07-12-08 03:05 PM
    Rofl... what a thread...

If the iPhone was a flop, I swear to everything I hope my company flops exactly like that.
    07-12-08 09:31 PM
    What is it about game console fanatics that makes them wait in line for a week for an XBOX360 or PS3? Hummmm?
    07-12-08 09:51 PM
    What is it about game console fanatics that makes them wait in line for a week for an XBOX360 or PS3? Hummmm?
    Does anyone remember the beanie baby phenomenon?? I think that takes the cake....

07-12-08 09:54 PM
    The launch was a flop. Apple should have been better prepared.
    07-12-08 09:59 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD